Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Wes, I am around 80+/-mm with the Tekin & 13.5. High 80 to low 90 for 17.5. Wed is the 13.5 night. For a SPX, try #7. I am in my mega hoard phase prior to birds, so if I have any weird spurs that don't fit my program, come see me.

Trav, just drop a cell and then you will be even with the rest of us till the shinny Xray shows up. See if you can get it to 730g. Still bringing my battery tray for you!

The Slapmaster Shop has been working full hours during the holiday and is one big step closer to production. Look for that 52 lapper to wrap up the year.

Curry! Get out there and burn that motor up.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Were all equal dont use my 4-cell as a crutch for an excuse. Well if I have to run a 17.5 I get timing ramp then we'll be even. Brian had more hp than I did in last weeks main. I ran 1 inch off his spur gear around the hole track for half the race and lost out on the power sections of the track straight and sweeper everytime, in the corners and tight stuff was where I gained my time. Plus I have sympathy weight on my car so right now the power advantage is not there like it says on paper. But we'll see what happens tonight.

Brian kinda tried to make me look slow after I peeled stickers saying well you should be going 53 laps throwing those classic little barbs in there after his beatdown so tonight 53 is on the agenda Hakuna Matata Brian tonight will be killer again I look forward to resuming the battle. I got H-cut r's that have been marinating since raceway in the holster and a lightbulb discharger to go with my blue bombs! I'll have a 1s lipo for the new Xray car so we'll be even. The car looks like a slovakian r5 I cant wait to drive it
Old 12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1S Pan Cars

Originally Posted by Drillit
In your round of the NWIC race coming up are yous guys allowing nimhs in 12th? Any of the classes? or all LiPo? just checking........
Hey Mark,

The two pan car classes are 1S, no deviations up here. We just have some highly entertaining smack talk and hot competition going on at the moment in 1:12. It's actually very interesting to see how fast 1S is compared to 4-cell. I'd say they're even, if you allow that last year's 4-cell cars did not have the timing ramps that this year's cars do.

Peeler is faster in the corners with his 4-cell car, which is to say, he is faster in the corners. I'm not sure how much it has to do with batteries. The same is true for him in sedan, and has been for about ten years. Trav's lovey-doves at X-Ray will be hooking him up with a new car shortly. Right now he's running some old Hyperdrive thing.

If we set aside the Black Diamond drama (which has yet to actually hit us, by the way, it's still just keyboard beating), the promised benefits of 1S have been fully realized: the cars are just as fast, they're lighter, tire wear is lower, parts breakage is less, and the convenience is outstanding. And seriously, how long does a high quality lipo last? I'm running the Smart Boost, so I'll never overdischarge my Thunder Power pack. Will the pack wear out before I get sick of looking at it? Before I untape it from the chassis?

Some may complain of mid to late race fade, but I think that will pass as the ESC's get dialed in. I'm running differently now than even a month ago, and it's making a difference. I wish I was a little better on the wheel to back it up, but there are others who will prove what I can't.

Anyway, H30 is hewing to the rules for the NWIC.

Todd M.

P.S. For sedans we're going by ROAR, which rulebook does permit 2S and 6-cell to run together.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Still this Sat., Jan 2nd for new track build?

Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Ahllll righty then Trav.... bring all that 4 cell power. I am going to run out the shop and fab up the newest "Peeler" bumper. It will come custom with Ben Hur Spikes. That reminds me, I will dig to see if I can find some of those brush cavity jigs. Never drilled a hole in a H cut, but it's never too late to discover something quick.

bwt: Kody & I did 53/8:03 on 4 cell
Old 12-31-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Todd its past 1am and you still haven't posted the results! Stop looking at them and post them dude! LOL Nice run by the way!

K
Old 12-31-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for calling the race Mr. Panda.

Originally Posted by Kody
Todd its past 1am and you still haven't posted the results! Stop looking at them and post them dude! LOL Nice run by the way!

K

Last edited by Magnet Top; 12-31-2009 at 01:57 AM. Reason: I forgot, no more jokes, especially when on NyQuil.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:27 AM
piper48

+1 thanks Kody for taking the time to call the races. I don't care about what Marc says about you, your alright in my book. JK Marc.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Nice job calling the races Kody. I think that's about the maximum number of heats we can run and get out of there at a reasonable hour.

And nice run last night Todd. I'm going to need to get some setup tips from you. Too bad it's the last night on that layout.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Default Sweet Good-Bye to the Old Track

A really good turnout last night to end the year and say good-bye to the old track.

We have a new record for Racer From a Faraway Land: Tom Weston raced with us--all the way from Calgary! Talking to him throughout the night, he had a great time, was impressed with our program, and is hoping to bring along some more Renegades for the H30 round of the NWIC. In any event, we'll take the compliment of his visit last night.

Kody is doing a great job on the mic, and more, as the Race Director overall. It will be a challenge to manage the program as it continues to grow, and I am extremely grateful that Kody has taken on the task. We really want World GT to remain on the Wednesday night schedule. We have to do our part as racers to make sure the program runs smoothly.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (58.3 KB, 82 views)
Round2.txt (59.9 KB, 84 views)
Round3.txt (53.7 KB, 117 views)
Old 12-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Fantastic job at the helm once again Kody. Your timely awareness kept us on a reasonable schedule with bulging attendance. I think it would be difficult to top last night.

I am continually impressed with the out of town draw on race days. The amount of effort to show up for just a few hours of play is impressive and welcomed. Thanks for showing up!

Todd: that's awesome to see someone so excited with their efforts. It's been a long time since I have seen that. It was certainly called for. You did great last night. Can you recap the track building plan?

Happy New Year everyone! Let the next one be even better.
Brian
Old 12-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm having a good time doing this, and I've really enjoyed the last year racing at the hanger. However, I have to put my 2 cents in on this:

X Rays, brushless motors, mad upgrades--Scale Spec seems to be slowly turning into $cale $pec.

It is what it is. After all, this is racing. But if one purpose of the class is to be reasonably affordable, as was my understanding, that just ain't happening.

I've seen the punch 21.5 brushless motors have, and I don't believe they're equivalent to silver cans. How many legs does a dog have if you call it's tail a leg? Four. Calling it a leg doesn't make it a leg.

I would suggest silver can only and possibly spec'd gear ratio.

(I would still get my ass kicked by silver cans like I did last night, but that's totally fair!)
Old 12-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

GREAT RUN TODD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is such a pleasure to race with all you Hangar racers

TUB UPDATE! Motors are starting to come off galactic backorder and we now have Duo 2 10.5 and 13.5 motors. We also now have the new 50c Thunderpower 5200 2s and 5000 1s lipo packs!

Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited by Maybell; 12-31-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
GREAT RUN TODD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is such a pleasure to race with all you Hangar racers

TUB UPDATE! Motors are starting to come off galactic backorder and we now have Duo 2 10.5 and 13.5 motors. We also now have the new 50c Thunderpower 5200 2s and 5000 1s lipo packs!

Happy New Year everyone!
Any chance of a 12r5 chassis in the tub? Mine apparently decided to de-laminate.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Saturday, Jan. 2, Hangar 30, 9am

Here's the plan:

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Track Build Day is Saturday, January 2, at 9am.

Tasks:

1. Fetch the new carpet from storage.
2. While that's happening, sweep/blow/both? the hangar floor.
3. Roll out new carpet.
4. Inventory and stow PVC pipe.
5. Rig new pipe.
6. Cut carpet.
7. Build layout.
8. Build/fit sweepers.
9. General fit and finish.
10. Unveil new H30...wait, that's a surprise
11. Groove Installation?
12. Vacuum track.
13. Tear down and stow.
14. Go Home.

I'll have an electric leaf blower, table saw, miter saw, skil saw, drill bits, two sawhorses, and cordless drill on hand. Bring whatever other tools you might consider essential. Another blower or two or three might be great. Also two more pairs of sawhorses to assembly line the new pipes.

If we're going to blow out the floor, we should open both ends of the hangar and let the breeze help. It usually blows through south to north. Maybe don't park right in front of the hangar on the north side. You might get some dust and such covering your windshield.

There's a little pokeyness in the early schedule, but I think it might be worthwhile to let the carpet sit for a couple hours while we inventory the old pipe and rig the new. We might take those two jobs one at a time instead of simultaneously. Apologies ahead of time if it seems like there's some standing around.

That's the plan. Hope to see y'all there.

Todd M.
#10 will have to wait until January 13.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.