Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Track Design and Layout

I think we are getting close to a layout.

At the risk of cutting off someone's brilliant idea, we will try to close this out tomorrow night. Kody has rounded up the very able help of Patrick Morehead to prefab certain important sections of the track. In particular the sweeper turns. But they would like the week between Christmas and New Years to get it done. A very reasonable request.

So, tomorrow night is the night to choose. And to clarify, the layout we pick will be the one we run for the full second half of the season, including the NWIC. We're not running every week. Any minor advantage afforded the locals is offset by the favor to all in having a groove laid down and unforeseen problems resolved ahead of time. Any of the layouts in consideration are not so complicated that a Friday afternoon's practice can't get a racer on terms.

So, to repeat, tomorrow night we choose: by consensus if possible, by vote if necessary. This will be the layout for the second half of the current season. After that...one can never tell. I would be happy with one layout until we wear out the carpet. But this isn't Todd's RC Racers, it's the Seattle RC Racers. We'll work it out as a club. Perhaps a mid-season change is the way to go.

Come prepared to choose.

Todd M.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
sorry WES, be there done that, RACE CITY Raceway in Auburn had that. Think maybe i was one of the few that actually like it. off camber sweeper and all.
Wasn't that a sink hole? Getting to the restroom was just as treacherous.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
So are you stepping up to mod with the right layout?
Me? No.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beez
that just sounds like too much work.

I'm just hoping we get a layout the encourages some mod 1/12.
Originally Posted by mkdut
So are you stepping up to mod with the right layout?
i think what beez is sayin is he is hoping the fast guys get a chance to go really fast...
Old 12-23-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Some fine tuning to mine. A little simpler.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-mason-h30.1.jpg  
Old 12-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Perfection. This one has my vote.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I like the layout but not the dots at the ends of the pipes. Would rather see flappers
Old 12-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Sean Maybell- Hey dude I peeled the stickers off my phone last night and its broke. So my home number is 425 742-4382 you can get a hold of me that way. I'll call you at the shop today though to get things arranged. The hyperdrive is lookin good and cant wait to peel today.

Todd's layout is Tq! Dots are cool and make the track unique and add flavor, flappers are cool to but dots allow more and easier variations in radius and corner design. And it gives the track more character. To me the coolest part about dots is when your following a guy and your trying to force him into a mistake, they saw!!!! themselves off about a foot short entering a corner it doesnt take you out also. Because I made you tinkle in your superman underwear my race shouldnt be affected. Hakuna Matata B!@#$ez! Dots will send a car that is excited and prematurely turning in, to the side and out of harms way

See everybody tonight for some killer 13.5 12th scale action!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Todd your layout looks the mutt's nuts.

I'm out for tonight. Unexpected family flying into town, something's gotta get cut from the schedule.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Peeler
Sean Maybell- Hey dude I peeled the stickers off my phone last night and its broke. So my home number is 425 742-4382 you can get a hold of me that way. I'll call you at the shop today though to get things arranged. The hyperdrive is lookin good and cant wait to peel today.

Todd's layout is Tq! Dots are cool and make the track unique and add flavor, flappers are cool to but dots allow more and easier variations in radius and corner design. And it gives the track more character. To me the coolest part about dots is when your following a guy and your trying to force him into a mistake, they saw!!!! themselves off about a foot short entering a corner it doesnt take you out also. Because I made you tinkle in your superman underwear my race shouldnt be affected. Hakuna Matata B!@#$ez! Dots will send a car that is excited and prematurely turning in, to the side and out of harms way

See everybody tonight for some killer 13.5 12th scale action!
It's too early for me to read and decipher this kind of stuff. HAHAHA
Old 12-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I really like that layout, but it seems that (for the sake of simplicity) the two pipes in the upper right of the infield and the odd pipe coming onto the back straight could be 86'd. That infield sweeper to esses is tits!

See y'all tonight!
Old 12-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Default Christmas Eve Eve Race Night

Merry Christmas! It's a race night.

See y'all at H30.

5pm setup
6pm practice
7pm Q1

Bring your good cheer and let's have a blast.

Todd M.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Merry Christmas Seattle RC Racers

Another fun night of racing. Thanks for the turnout, guys. Traffic is a bear this time of year, but you blasted through it and we had a lot of fun. Byron Weston and Mike Mittlestead were back down from Canada...just for us! They had a great time. Schreven dug out his 1:12, found some ancient batteries that wouldn't charge, wound up in the B Main, bumped up, and then won the A. Michellich ran a fast and clean Main and took home the Stock TC prize. And finally, Randy Shepherd hung on in Scale Spec and brought home the glory. I see him eyeballing the Stock field. Watch out.

We held two rounds of voting on the layouts. The process was fair, open, and impartial. Mark brought his, Randy too, and Kuney showed us a killer design that goes in the database, for sure. But we'll know who to blame if the new track blows...we chose mine.

So, it's onward with the new design. I paid for and picked up the last of the barrier this afternoon. We have six hundred feet of 2.5" vinyl downspout. We race once more on the old track, and then we start the new year with fresh rug, shiny pipe, and what I am confident will prove to be a fast and fun new layout. It's going to be great.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (39.6 KB, 125 views)
Round2.txt (40.8 KB, 107 views)
Round3.txt (37.3 KB, 151 views)
Old 12-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Well the ole hyperdrive remains undefeated! Even with 4 year old cobb webbs she ran great. It was an unfare advantage to have four blue bombs in my car i must admit. Brian I had a heck of a time battling with you in the main that was awsome close racing. Just like 1/12 has been all year! Your slapmaster was haulin the mail and your driving was spot on Brian that was alot of fun. Xray had great news today though so I'll linking it up sooner than later

I hope everybody Has a Great an Merry Christmas!
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-xray-link.jpg  
Old 12-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Been in crunch. So couldn't race. The fruits of my labor with others will be available shortly. Give the demo a try when this new version is out. If like, well buy it! Yes, yes, its not 1/10th and such. But racing is racing, and if nothing else, its good practice without having to spend huge amounts on a simulator and stuck using their hardware.

Will try to bring a laptop next time so you can see in person if have doubts.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-promo.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.