Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 03-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdog4w
Trackmate has updated their laptimer system so that it is AMB software compatible again. They have tested with lapsfree and alleycat specifically, but it should work with any software you can use with an AMB system.

For reference, my original post is here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5439401-post66.html

and the link to the system is here:
link
I still dont understand why some RC Car groups insiston using the same system that the FULL scale cars to at the SAME price as the real FULL sized car tracks do.

This timing system using IR would work just fine for any Club and at a major savings.

I will still use AMBrc transponders as that is what is the standard at most tracks , but there are alternative systems out there that cost allot less and do the same job.

I might just get this system as a personal lap counting system for me and my family.

Patrick P.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skruger
I still dont understand why some RC Car groups insiston using the same system that the FULL scale cars to at the SAME price as the real FULL sized car tracks do.

This timing system using IR would work just fine for any Club and at a major savings.

I will still use AMBrc transponders as that is what is the standard at most tracks , but there are alternative systems out there that cost allot less and do the same job.

I might just get this system as a personal lap counting system for me and my family.

Patrick P.
Both the Trackmate and the I-Lap look interesting but has anybody used these two systems with success on anything other than micro cars?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Lightbulb Trackmate

Originally Posted by mkdut
Both the Trackmate and the I-Lap look interesting but has anybody used these two systems with success on anything other than micro cars?
The only way I will find out is to buy one for myself and be a Beta Tester and write a review (or have my wife write it for me)

The Trackmate at $95.00 + $125 for 5 transmitters it is worth it to me to get and test it out and it should work with RcScoringPro and AutoScore.

I am sure I can build a proper bridge for it so it will work without missing laps and be easy to fold-up.

www.rclapcounter.com
Is really cool but a little pricy for a IR system.

I will have Uncle Suger Pay for it

Last edited by Skruger; 03-04-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

The only way I will find out is to buy one for myself and be a Beta Tester and write a review (or have my wife write it for me)

The Trackmate at $95.00 + $125 for 5 transmitters it is worth it to me to get and test it out and it should work with RcScoringPro and AutoScore.

I am sure I can build a proper bridge for it so it will work without missing laps and be easy to fold-up.

www.rclapcounter.com
Is really cool but a little pricy for a IR system.

I will have Uncle Suger Pay for it
You also need 7 overhead modules at $25 each. $395 out the door. Even more for the I-Lap.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

You also need 7 overhead modules at $25 each. $395 out the door. Even more for the I-Lap.
I was thinking that if the IR dectors are standard parts then I would build my own detector bridge from common parts.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

I was thinking that if the IR dectors are standard parts then I would build my own detector bridge from common parts.
Buy 1 then make your own.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Buy 1 then make your own.
That is what I was planning to do.

And if they made the modules Proprietary then I will just buy them one at a time.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sprucing Up the Floor

Today we worked on the floor. Jeff Kuney and I scraped and then Peter troweled out the Ardex on the seams and divots. This makes a smooth floor beneath the carpet for fast running.

Huge thanks to Mike DuTemple for providing the club with premium Ardex for free. And to Jeff and Peter for their help applying it. Tomorrow morning Jeff and I will sand and vacuum the floor so it's all pretty.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-hangar-floor-repair.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-sweeping-up.jpg  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

wow, good job guys, when your all done you won't need carpet
Old 03-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default WOW!

That is outstanding. Very good job. Thank you to all. It should prove to be a great floor for racing.

Is there any way Todd to inform the club when you do projects like this? I for one would like to offer help an any project that I can attend. Speaking of which, what time will you be opening the doors on the 11th? I am hoping to get to leave work early and help asap.

Thanks again as a club member for all the hard work. It is really appreciated.

Grant
Old 03-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Is there any way Todd to inform the club when you do projects like this? I for one would like to offer help an any project that I can attend. Speaking of which, what time will you be opening the doors on the 11th? I am hoping to get to leave work early and help asap.
All of the offers of help are really appreciated and everyone will get their chance, believe me. Today was really just about Peter, who is one of Jeff's subs who happened to be free this morning. He was fast and efficient, while Jeff and I simply scraped away at the old tape patches on the floor and cleaned out the crumblies from the seams. And tomorrow morning is just Jeff with his sander and me following him around with my shop vac. Pretty much a two man job, unless you want to count my son Stuart who I'm sure will have his input...as three-year-olds often will.

On the 11th, I am planning to be down at the hangar in the late morning to roll out the carpet and start cutting pipe and working on the layout. I will be posting a list of supplies on this thread ahead of time and am hoping people might scrounge up what we need out of their garages and shops. I'd bet we can get most of this done without having to buy anything. Kody is working on a killer portable setup for race central, and Alex is working on some carpet box/driver stands that he says will permit fast and easy setup. Plus, our website is about to go up. So, progress is being made on several fronts. But I will keep everyone posted and will ask for specific help as it gets figured out.

Todd M.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Trackmate has been thorougly tested on 1/10, even nitro offroad trucks...

I'm pretty sure I-Lap is in use at many tracks around the country as well (in 1/10+ scale), I'd assume their website or rctech would have threads/news to that effect.

Todd, that was a lot of patching, nice work! You really have put a ton of time in, I'm sure wed. will go smoothly, looking forward to it.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Today we worked on the floor. Jeff Kuney and I scraped and then Peter troweled out the Ardex on the seams and divots. This makes a smooth floor beneath the carpet for fast running.

Huge thanks to Mike DuTemple for providing the club with premium Ardex for free. And to Jeff and Peter for their help applying it. Tomorrow morning Jeff and I will sand and vacuum the floor so it's all pretty.
Sweet! Nice job guys!

THANK YOU!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cdog4w
Trackmate has been thorougly tested on 1/10, even nitro offroad trucks...

I'm pretty sure I-Lap is in use at many tracks around the country as well (in 1/10+ scale), I'd assume their website or rctech would have threads/news to that effect.

Todd, that was a lot of patching, nice work! You really have put a ton of time in, I'm sure wed. will go smoothly, looking forward to it.
i think this is a moot point since its already decided to buy the abmrc from kody.

place looks like its coming along nicely.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Rookie

omg, you guys are funny. any ways, i want to know what days a week the track will be set up. i dont want to drive all the way up there just to find out no one is there. i cant wait to get my tb02 back on the track. i wonder how good my ff01 is on the track. ??????????????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.