Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rewp
And always remember when pitching an expensive hobby, down play the cost.. let them figure it out after they get hooked like the rest of us did
So eeevil. Like the froooits of the deevil.

That's what happened to me. I thought, "Sweet! TA05, silver can, done."

2 Xray 007's and dreaming of a new 1/12 scale later....Yeah, right.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jubilee
So eeevil. Like the froooits of the deevil.

That's what happened to me. I thought, "Sweet! TA05, silver can, done."

2 Xray 007's and dreaming of a new 1/12 scale later....Yeah, right.
yeah.. i showed up at SIR with a ft-tc5 and some nimhs 8 months later i've got an f103rm, xray 008eu, xray 008US(on the way), 12r5(also on the way), 10r5, and to top it all off a 4pk.. hahaha god i got sucked in...
Old 02-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rewp
yeah.. i showed up at SIR with a ft-tc5 and some nimhs 8 months later i've got an f103rm, xray 008eu, xray 008US(on the way), 12r5(also on the way), 10r5, and to top it all off a 4pk.. hahaha god i got sucked in...
"Hey, somebody put crack in my RC car!"

Old 02-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Carpet? Clik-trak? Paragon? Any of these decisions been made yet?
Old 02-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
Carpet? Clik-trak? Paragon? Any of these decisions been made yet?
Without stepping on Todd's toes: SIR Carpet, no, yes.

I think one of the future issues that Todd is going to address will be prioritizing purchases for the club. I know that the first thing on the agenda is a timing and scoring system.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mkdut
Without stepping on Todd's toes: SIR Carpet, no, yes.

I think one of the future issues that Todd is going to address will be prioritizing purchases for the club. I know that the first thing on the agenda is a timing and scoring system.

I think the decision to wait on new carpet is a smart one...it'd be a shame to damage/degrade new carpet while learning the ins and outs of setup/takedown.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
I usually don't post my personal opinions on these subjects and I will try not to. I just want to say that we need to not worry about these types of issues at this point. Lets just get the club up and going as best we can. All that stuff can wait and be worried about later on. This is coming from someone who will not be there every race night but will try seeing as where I live in relation to the track and that's still willing to be a member.
The dog makes a lot of sense. Lets start racing, see if we can attract some attention and start trying to get new people sucked in as they start showing up and asking questions. But first... let's race.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Boy, I wish I'd found this forum before the meeting a few days ago. I took my 7 year old step-daughter down to SIR a few times to watch the races, mostly to try to get her interested in something other than TV and video games. She loved it and wanted to build a car, so we did--a mini cooper. She's been getting better, (and more aggressive!), at driving it in a local parking lot, so we decided it was time to have a go at the track.

We drove down there yesterday and found the place empty! So I did some googling and wound up here.

I am a newbie to racing, (although not to RC), and she's obviously a newbie, but we both want to learn and race. We were willing to make the long drive from Mountlake Terrace to Kent to do this, but Sand Point is a lot closer so this is a no-brainer.

So:

Is there a website?
When is the first race?
Is there an age limit?
Can we race our Tamiya Mini Cooper?

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default question

I stumbled into this thread inadvertently and I have a question.
is there a new indoor track starting at magnuson park in one of the hangars? Is it on road only?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cojex1
I stumbled into this thread inadvertently and I have a question.
is there a new indoor track starting at magnuson park in one of the hangars? Is it on road only?
That's two questions, but you can use the same answer for both: Yes.

A quick read thru the entire thread will clear things up further.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Some More Progress

Carpet, Pipes, Hardware, and Sundries were moved to the hangar today. With Kody's help at the storage unit, my brother and I moved the club's freight to it's new home. This morning I rearranged the storage room you all saw and made room for our carpet. For now it's on pallets, we still need to fashion a movable platform of some kind. And I cleaned the nasty alcove closest to the storage room. It's all shiny now, and as you can see from the attached picture, full of our pipe. I'm going to clean out the alcove opposite, too. Speaking of pipe, I was reminded and relieved that we have as much as we do. We aren't hurting for lane dividers. The picture shows only the straights, there is a pile of curves in there, too.

While cleaning out the alcove I discovered two intact and serviceable dollies. Given the layer of dust I removed, I feel confident claiming them for the club's use. And anyway, we won't remove them from the hangar. I am thinking we can use one for the track's heavy stuff: cement half rounds, dots, etc. The other will surely find a use.

Next, I hope to have the website up in the next couple of days and will spend some time developing that. Thanks to Nathan, Rupert, and Cassidy for the help thus far. Jeff Kuney should get a shot at the floor this week, and expect some specific plans for our work day on the March 11. No one will be wasting their time.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-xcarpet-room.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-xpipe-alcove.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-xtruck-hangar.jpg  
Old 03-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randoggy
I am a newbie to racing, (although not to RC), and she's obviously a newbie, but we both want to learn and race. We were willing to make the long drive from Mountlake Terrace to Kent to do this, but Sand Point is a lot closer so this is a no-brainer.

So:

Is there a website?
When is the first race?
Is there an age limit?
Can we race our Tamiya Mini Cooper?

Thanks!
First Race: Build and Test on March 11. First full race night, March 25.
Age Limit: No
Race Your Mini Cooper?: I should think so. And then some.

Come on out and see what we've got going on.

Todd M.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Rainy April Indoor at Hangar 30

I've made a specific thread, but we're hosting a single day race on April 11. The format is expanded from our weeknight program. Check it out.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I've made a specific thread, but we're hosting a single day race on April 11. The format is expanded from our weeknight program. Check it out.
link for it :

http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...ngar-30-a.html
Old 03-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trackmate has updated their laptimer system so that it is AMB software compatible again. They have tested with lapsfree and alleycat specifically, but it should work with any software you can use with an AMB system.

For reference, my original post is here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5439401-post66.html

and the link to the system is here:
link

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.