Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What does the Seattle onroad crowd have planned for Thanksgiving? Going out of town? Staying home? Nearby relatives? Any crazies (like myself) going shopping the day after?

I am heading over to Kennewick to spend time with the fam and going shopping with my girlfriend and little sis EARLY Friday. At least things move a little slower over there

Need to lube my tubes and wire the new speedo up tonight (fried one at TZII on Sun). See you all tomorrow!

-Dustin
Old 11-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am a little with Franco, 13.5 will be fine Wed night for me. We can rock out with our .... out Sat.

I am live, eat & sleep home remodel at this stage. I am sure that I will work just as hard over the holiday as any other day. Beyond that, nothing exciting at the Slapmaster Shop.

Todd: are we on new rug tomorrow or the same ol' tried n true stand and deliver chunk of fabric? I too, think that our 2 sided tape will pull up that fresh tennis court paint. Do you think we should just top side tape like we did a couple of weeks ago? Did we find a new home for the old rug? I would love to say that there are plans for Raceway Hobbies 2..... but I would have to fill out my divorce papers first!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I am a little with Franco, 13.5 will be fine Wed night for me. We can rock out with our .... out Sat.

I am live, eat & sleep home remodel at this stage. I am sure that I will work just as hard over the holiday as any other day. Beyond that, nothing exciting at the Slapmaster Shop.

Todd: are we on new rug tomorrow or the same ol' tried n true stand and deliver chunk of fabric? I too, think that our 2 sided tape will pull up that fresh tennis court paint. Do you think we should just top side tape like we did a couple of weeks ago? Did we find a new home for the old rug? I would love to say that there are plans for Raceway Hobbies 2..... but I would have to fill out my divorce papers first!
Maybe your home remodel will include a private testing track.

I will leave the 13.5 in mine for Weds. All I have to do now is charge the battery.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay, 13.5 it is. Still Mod for TC, though.

We are definitely on the old rug. The new rug is still in storage. We are just going to stick with what we're used to through December. That schedule will be a push, so I'd like to keep it as simple and familiar as possible. Adding a new setup, new layout, limited practice, and the demands of the holidays away from the track just sounds like a mistake. Not to mention that this will give us a chance to really dial in the track we want and make it as awesome as possible. And really, it's just around the corner. We'll have the entire second half of the season and every season after this to race the new track.

As for setup, old and new, we are full floating from here on out. No double sided tape, no perimeter tape. It's exactly what we did for our last race, and you know what? No problems at all. The carpet rolled out nice and flat and stayed that way. It was very encouraging.

Todd M.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Todd

a thought might be to use some duct tape on the underside at least in a few locations. There was some lippage in a couple of spots that the 12th scales hit.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

There were a few bunched over laps that come to mind; front right for one. A pair of scissors may do the trick. Any thought to additional velcro under the perimeter pipes instead of weights? I witnessed those constantly being readjusted. I wonder if Joanne Fabric has hook only in long lengths?

Back to work.....
Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

The answer is yes; 3/4x25yrds for $49.95 on their on-line site. Anyone know of any place for less?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Double post........
Old 11-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
The answer is yes; 3/4x25yrds for $49.95 on their on-line site. Anyone know of any place for less?
I think we should just keep doing what we are doing and save the money for the new build. Things might be 100% different and it would suck to use up $50 on a few days.

That is really over priced for one side. There are distributors in Seattle that we can get it for much less. I will look for there card so we can have it ready next year.

I will bring a chunk for that flapper at the end of the sweeper. That seems to be the only problem area.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

http://www.itapestore.com/velcrotape...cadhesive.aspx

not the only option. with a little looking around, its not hard to come by a lot of what we need at very reasonable prices.

I have some new ideas for barriers as well as corners to look into.

-alex
Old 11-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

My radio is on its way.......so whats the consensus on Speedos? Tekin is sounding real good right now. Any suggestions 1/12th gurus?

Also, am I going to need a voltage booster of some sort?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I am pretty happy with the Tekin for 1s so far. there is the Advanced Electronics one, that is supposed to be the ticket, but...$$$ and not necessarily going to be the endall if it will take just a software update from Tekin to match it. ?

I have one of the 5v. boosters for ya if you want. will be at the Hanger on wednesday. I have been using them to good success so far.

-Alex
Old 11-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
My radio is on its way.......so whats the consensus on Speedos? Tekin is sounding real good right now. Any suggestions 1/12th gurus?

Tekin Shmekin...right Randy?

Actually, the Tekin has been working really well for quite a few of us.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayBee

Jaybee you can't go wrong with the Tekin. There are plenty of people with a lap top at the track to program it. You could also look at the SPX I think Maybell is running that and he is equally as fast as everyone running the Tekin. Novak I think is also releasing a new speedo and then there is the brick of gold from Advanced.

You will need a booster or receiver pack. I have a Novak Smart Boost that I can part with.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
Jaybee you can't go wrong with the Tekin. There are plenty of people with a lap top at the track to program it. You could also look at the SPX I think Maybell is running that and he is equally as fast as everyone running the Tekin. Novak I think is also releasing a new speedo and then there is the brick of gold from Advanced.

You will need a booster or receiver pack. I have a Novak Smart Boost that I can part with.
Which Tekin Mike?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.