Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree301Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-21-2022, 01:21 PM
  #19411  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,693
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
Do MRT transponders work with the clubs lap counting software? Thanks
As Mike says, MRTs work at Hangar 30.

Caveat emptor: Some years ago, amb updated its system, which rendered MRT transponders in circulation at that time obsolete. MRT subsequently reverse engineered their transponders to work on the updated system. It took a year or two. If your MRT is purchased new within the past five or so years, it will work. Thankfully it has been rare, but I have had racers present me with MRTs bought cheap on EBay that did not work. You can appreciate transponder risk is on you.
gwhiz and Fred Sanford like this.
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 09-27-2022, 11:09 AM
  #19412  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,183
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Hey All,
We are about 24hrs from "go on the tone". Just a reminder about pit set up, 2 racers per 6' table. It's a good idea to toss in a chair when you load up tomorrow. We had some folding chairs fail last season and need to take inventory. This program is on a tight schedule with a paid window of time at Hangar 30; 6p-10:30p. Doors open at 6 with track set up usually ready by 6:25 followed by open practice until drivers meeting at 6:50. First heat goes off at 7 sharp. 2 rounds with a re-sort, single mains, and then tear down. Expected classes: USGT, GT12-r, Stock 12 and Novice. Entry fees are $30/10 and can be PayPal'ed. Hope y'all are ready to get your Wed Nite Worlds on!

Made a mistake on entry: $30/10!

Last edited by Slapmaster6000; 09-27-2022 at 04:36 PM.
Slapmaster6000 is offline  
Old 09-28-2022, 07:49 AM
  #19413  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,219
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Few questions for tonight as it's been quite a long time since I've raced H30:
1) I gather that tables are provided? I threw one in my car just in case, but wanted to confirm. Brought a chair too of course.
2) Power is available?

And some 1/12th rubber tire questions, as this did not exist the last time I touched a pan car:
1) Glue the sidewalls?
2) Do they need re-truing/scuffing?
3) Saucing regimen - how long, when to wipe, clean/not clean between runs, what to clean with if so, etc.

Thanks! Hopefully I can still get around the track.
R3VoLuTiOn likes this.
peter_robinson is offline  
Old 09-28-2022, 08:13 AM
  #19414  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,043
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Few questions for tonight as it's been quite a long time since I've raced H30:
1) I gather that tables are provided? I threw one in my car just in case, but wanted to confirm. Brought a chair too of course.
2) Power is available?

And some 1/12th rubber tire questions, as this did not exist the last time I touched a pan car:
1) Glue the sidewalls?
2) Do they need re-truing/scuffing?
3) Saucing regimen - how long, when to wipe, clean/not clean between runs, what to clean with if so, etc.

Thanks! Hopefully I can still get around the track.
H30 is an amazing temporary setup. everything on wheels -- including tables & chairs.

they got power. bring an extension cord.

for GT12R -- IDK, never ran the class, but this is what i know. front outer sidewall gluing shouldn't be needed UNLESS on high grip. truing won't be needed (unless again on high grip). sauce -- SXT or TDK.
hanulec is offline  
Old 09-29-2022, 09:47 PM
  #19415  
Tech Adept
 
Nortran11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bothell, WA
Posts: 195
Default

Honestly, there isn't enough sidewall on those GT12 tires to glue

Bummed I missed the first race, had some fires to put out. Next race, USGT drivers watch out.....
Nortran11 is offline  
Old 09-30-2022, 03:56 PM
  #19416  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,219
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default That was a lot of fun

Thanks PutAwayWet and the rest of the crew for the efficient program. Light turn out, but wow was it nice to get a lot of racing done in a short amount of time. I'll do my best to make it out a few times this season on those Wednesdays were my in office work schedule in Tukwila aligns.
peter_robinson is offline  
Old 10-01-2022, 02:14 PM
  #19417  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Dread Pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: LA, Sea, LA, Sea, repeat ...
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Disappointed I couldn't make it on Wed; planning again in 2 weeks.

New to USGT::
Any ROAR 25.5T motor: can be adj timing, doesn't have to be FT?
Also, new to 25.5T, what FDR gearing is about right?
I see 2 types of tires on the USGT Gravity website: belted and unbelted; which do you run?

Thanks.

Last edited by Dread Pirate; 10-01-2022 at 10:14 PM.
Dread Pirate is offline  
Old 10-01-2022, 10:21 PM
  #19418  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,693
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Thanks PutAwayWet and the rest of the crew for the efficient program. Light turn out, but wow was it nice to get a lot of racing done in a short amount of time. I'll do my best to make it out a few times this season on those Wednesdays were my in office work schedule in Tukwila aligns.
Was great to see you out again, Pete. To this day, one of the best races I ever called was a duel between you and Kody at the Hangar. Work that schedule, and accept no excuses from Wes, either!

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate View Post
Disappointed I couldn't make it on Wed; planning again in 2 weeks.

New to USGT::
Any ROAR 25.5T motor: can be adj timing, doesn't have to be FT?
Also, new to 25.5T, what FDR gearing is about right?
I see 2 types of tires on the USGT Gravity website: belted and unbelted; which do you run?

Thanks.
Indoor USGT is any ROAR-approved 25.5t brushless motor. All other standard USGT rules apply.

On tires, from the current rule set: CARPET p/n GRC123 (GRAY wheels) set of 4 available through Gravity RC http://www.teamgravityrc.com/ to dealers and retail.
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 10-05-2022, 09:30 AM
  #19419  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,219
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Where do the videos from the mains get posted?
peter_robinson is offline  
Old 10-05-2022, 10:41 AM
  #19420  
Tech Master
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lake Tapps, WA
Posts: 1,160
Default

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet View Post
Was great to see you out again, Pete. To this day, one of the best races I ever called was a duel between you and Kody at the Hangar. Work that schedule, and accept no excuses from Wes, either!



Indoor USGT is any ROAR-approved 25.5t brushless motor. All other standard USGT rules apply.

On tires, from the current rule set: CARPET p/n GRC123 (GRAY wheels) set of 4 available through Gravity RC http://www.teamgravityrc.com/ to dealers and retail.
Those are the belted USGT tires. I'm not sure anyone has run them at our club. Generally, we use the unbelted tires at H30. Our rules say "Gravity USGT premounts".
cementsurfer86 is offline  
Old 10-05-2022, 10:42 AM
  #19421  
Tech Master
 
cementsurfer86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lake Tapps, WA
Posts: 1,160
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Where do the videos from the mains get posted?
I bugged Kyle on that, he should have them posted up on youtube in a bit. I'll post the link here when they're up!
cementsurfer86 is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 11:41 AM
  #19422  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 170
Default

Any luck with 21.5 TC this year?
Lence is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 01:29 PM
  #19423  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
BEMO2019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lence View Post
Any luck with 21.5 TC this year?
There hasn't been a turn out for stock TC. I am more than happy to throw mine in the bag for Wednesday in hopes to get enough people to run the class.
BEMO2019 is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 02:27 PM
  #19424  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,219
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lence View Post
Any luck with 21.5 TC this year?
I'll bring mine out on Wednesday! I'd need some tires if there's a spec tire. Does the club sell them on site?
peter_robinson is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 03:28 PM
  #19425  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
BEMO2019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
I'll bring mine out on Wednesday! I'd need some tires if there's a spec tire. Does the club sell them on site?
If the schedule allows looks like we have a class!
Peter I have a spare set of Jacos for you if you are .4 up on me again 😉. Jokes aside I don't think anyone will be complaining about tires.
BEMO2019 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.