Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
sounds like optimal conditions for the wednesday night crew.....
Oh look at this! A little fly-by harassment from an old friend.

a) Yes, we still glove up before racking the tables where Shit Show Island goes down (ahem),

b) I can't imagine a TZGP without you puking in the bushes on Saturday morning. You going?
Old 02-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

sounds like optimal conditions for the wednesday night crew.....
My favorite conversation ever;

George: "Stuart, why aren't you pitting at the island anymore?"
Stuart: "I can't. When I pit there, by the time racing is done, I'm physically and mentally exhausted."

Old 02-14-2019, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Oh look at this! A little fly-by harassment from an old friend.

a) Yes, we still glove up before racking the tables where Shit Show Island goes down (ahem),

b) I can't imagine a TZGP without you puking in the bushes on Saturday morning. You going?
I was so proud of myself for holding it down all night, only to be foiled by the smell of the sani-can in the morning. 1000mg of ibuprofen, a couple of quarts of water, a can of Monster and a change of clothes later, I made the first nitro practice at 10am. Hell yes I am going, are you going to pit my Gt8? Dick Reece is fired, he doesn't know it yet but I'm sure he will get over it.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
My favorite conversation ever;

George: "Stuart, why aren't you pitting at the island anymore?"
Stuart: "I can't. When I pit there, by the time racing is done, I'm physically and mentally exhausted."

Try IIC when Shit show island takes its show on the road. 10 to 12 hrs a day 5 days in a row. And i hadn't pitted on SSI before that. It took me weeks to re-assimilate into regular society.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Try IIC when Shit show island takes its show on the road. 10 to 12 hrs a day 5 days in a row. And i hadn't pitted on SSI before that. It took me weeks to re-assimilate into regular society.
The sad part about that is I personally thanked everyone afterward for controlling themselves so well at that event o.O
Old 02-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Default 2/13 RACE REPORT

Ok, so while Kyle is off playing family, I'll go ahead and post the report for Wednesday. No doubt, many of you are enjoying NORA's ROAR regional. Good luck to all!

In a perfect world, I’d come up with some deep, artistic analogy about the how the anger of “snowpocalypse-2019” and the hunger for competition that burns inside of us as racers. Truth be told, the few of us that came out on Wednesday night probably just needed to get out of the house for something other than shoveling frozen white crap in our driveways.

I actually expected this to be more of a practice night (in some ways it was), but we were able to cobble together four heats worth of races, with some healthy competition and the usual tomfoolery to boot. A couple track records were also reset, with Brian in Stock 12th and myself in F1.

While we had three F1’s and a trio of minis & Stuart’s foam-shod TC in novice, our stalwart classes of Scale Spec and Stock 12th held the bulk of the entries, with Mike leading the way for the night in Spec. Jeff would be named “honorary” winner for the use of something other than a GM body, rocking the new Protoform Europa shell. It was a welcome sight, no doubt about it. I don’t think you’d get too many complaints from anyone watching a class of hot-hatch FWD cars racing in anger, just like the good ol’ days.

It’s always mildly enjoyable seeing young Stuart not run away with the 12th Scale victory on a given night, and on Wednesday, it was Brian who would snatch the spoils from Mini-Mason. You can bet that losing out on track record, TQ, and the win will no doubt have Stu “stewing” (pun intended) from the inside out, planning his overwhelming revenge on the class in a couple weeks. Or Brian could beat him again…. It could happen!

We’re back in two weeks on the 27th with our penultimate round at H30 for the year. Hard to believe with as much snow fell, that we aren’t all that far away from the warmth and comfort of Sea-Tac. In the meantime, NORA is hosting their ROAR carpet regional this weekend, as many of you know. Show your support and head up for an epic weekend with our friends to the north!

-JRoy

Results can be found here: https://rcscoringpro.com/events/8407/
Old 02-20-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Default POINTS!

Points are updated as of 2/13.

A couple of titles have already been decided, Stuart has thoroughly crushed the Stock 12th field, as had Tim Cook in Mini/Novice. Everything else (including podiums) is wide open with two races left!

Old 02-26-2019, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey all! I know it seems like a sleepy time of winter. Lethargic. Slumbering around in a hibernation state of duuuuuuuugghhh.

Well... snap out of it! It's time to get your Winter Blues kicked aside. Wed Nite Worlds happens tomorrow night at H30, 5p door open, 7p kick off, 10:30p lights out, cheesy fries as soon as you can high tail it up the street and around the corner!

Say... If a few of you could come armed with a utility knife or sharp pocket knife, we could use some help to removing some fo the velcro from the bottom of the 10' sticks. The goal is to leave 3 pieces of 2x2" squares. That means removing the extra. Cutting some of the existing in half. What ever it takes. Leave 3 - 2x2" squares on each 10' stick!

Oscars are over. Come write your own script of success!
Old 02-28-2019, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Entertaining evening last night. It was great to see so many fellas swing in we haven't seen in while. The highlight of the evening left race announcer Todd speechless for the last 90 second of the SS main. Todd is capable of mic dropping some good commentary, but he cracked himself up with his soon to be released verbiage that he completely lost it. Uncontrollably. Finally all you heard was: you're all done. Needless to say a new phrase has been coined surpassing Super Hot Shit Dialed.... we now have the Turd Cutter Chicane .... or the TCC. Have you ever cut a fart in class and everyone can not stop laughing for about 20 minutes or just say a word that seems funny and it turns infectious? Yeah, it was like that. I'm sure that Jesse can take this story and run with it far better then I can, but all the same, thanks for a great entertaining evening.

bb
Old 02-28-2019, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Default 2/27 Race Report!

It's hard to believe that we're only one race night away from wrapping up the 2018/2019 Hangar 30 indoor season, but alas, the penultimate round has come and gone with the usual fun across all classes. While this has been a season of transition for our club, I believe that navigating the new challenges before us will be made easier through the continuation of what made this club what it is: A group of like-minded individuals with a passion for good, hard, clean racing, as well as striving for a great environment.

Our new carpet spread has come in slowly but surely, and our fresh layout is gaining character, and evidently, is sprouting some "interesting" section names. I'm not sure "Terd Cutter" was what I had envisioned when I thought of our quick sashay in front of the driver's stand, but ask Todd what he thinks of it. You might get an answer, but be patient while he collects himself from chronic laughter.

In Mini/Novice, Tim would collect his fifth win of the season, but not before fending off a resilient Russ and his "colorful" interpretation of the track limits. With a now-19 point lead, Mr. 9 5/8 is your Mini/Novice season champ. Russ sits in second, with Mike Boyle just behind in third, some 2 points back.

Scale Spec was Boyle's to take yet again. Despite his recent dominance, by virtue of missing the first three rounds, he is still just two points behind leader Kyle Bradshaw. With one race left to go, will the Team Chaps leader go for glory, or will our RD pull the "pinch off" maneuver to take the spoils?

Formula One has been a refreshing mix of talent and camaraderie since the class become official at the Hangar in mid-December. Another solid night was on tap with a full heat and a very fun main between myself and Dave McMullen. Todd Tamayo and Dave Hawley made the drive to join the fun, as did Franko and others. It's great to see the interest building in this class, as I have a blast driving these winged-wonders. While the season title is wrapped up, we are at a dead heat for second and third overall between Scott and Adam.

Stock 12th was wrapped up long ago by Stuart, but lately, it's been the Veteran Brian Bodine throwing down the gauntlet in our biggest class. Never one to be upstaged by youth, he destroyed his own track record and drove away with the win. Speaking of, his recent romp has put him dead even with Todd for second overall in the season standings. Our finale should be a fun race to watch as they battle for Stuart's leftovers.

We reconvene on March 13th for our Hangar 30 season finale and awards. Plenty left to play for in all classes and fun to be had by all. In the meantime, head on up to NORA this weekend for their season finale on Saturday! See you guys back on the rug for one last tilt before we dole out the hardware!

-JRoy

-Results can be found at:
https://rcscoringpro.com/events/8525/

Last edited by cementsurfer86; 03-01-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:25 PM
Tech Rookie

This weekend is actually NORAs season finale for points racing.

JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by todddamnit
This weekend is actually NORAs season finale for points racing.
Good call Todd, I had my weeks mixed up... haha,

Just fixed it!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Default POINTS!

Current points with one round left. Some classes are wrapped up, others are close!
Old 03-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I was so proud of myself for holding it down all night, only to be foiled by the smell of the sani-can in the morning. 1000mg of ibuprofen, a couple of quarts of water, a can of Monster and a change of clothes later, I made the first nitro practice at 10am. Hell yes I am going, are you going to pit my Gt8? Dick Reece is fired, he doesn't know it yet but I'm sure he will get over it.
What the heck?! How did I get fired???? How did I get brought into this? This is horseshit!!!
Old 03-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by REECE.
What the heck?! How did I get fired???? How did I get brought into this? This is horseshit!!!
Body tucks on consecutive pit stops! I think Tiny Welch paid you off so he could get 4th in the B main instead of me! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.