Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-07-2018, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Since I started racing, I remember the first visits to H30, CC and always saw how well things were ran. It's what motivated me to improve the racing at home. I've seen monstrous turnouts that kept me racing until 1, and never really thought maple syrup shots would become a reality. From the propane heater days of H30 to the big smooth that was (at the time) the brightest track in existence, the memories will keep. It is a bummer that Saturdays at CC are shutting down, but I'm sure you guys have the clubs interests and finances at heart.

Grey was just fine to me also. But to be in line with the times and major races, I guess it was inevitable for all of us.

The bright side is that the exec team and hardworking club members get a little more time off for personal days, or we'll be seeing you at the other tracks! (cough OGR has discount race fees awaiting you cough)

Thank you SRCR for being there all these years to inspire and motivate all the regional clubs around. I have no doubt that once the time for another superb Saturday program is here, you guys will be lined up and ready to go.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:05 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

two night per month on Saturday no mid week race ?
Old 12-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm not sure how to answer that...
Old 12-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Franko,

I'll say we put every option before us and argued them exhaustively. It was a grueling session. What you suggest was one of them. That was Option 3, if I recall correctly. It would have perhaps conserved some energy, but it did nothing to change our competitive position regarding other programs, schedule, setup/teardown effort, or long-term storage at the CC.

That said, it was wrenching to let it go, not least because some of our most committed racers are focused on Mod, and the CC was their great home. But...our final analysis would not let us BS ourselves into clinging to an untenable position.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:30 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hey Franko,

I'll say we put every option before us and argued them exhaustively. It was a grueling session. What you suggest was one of them. That was Option 3, if I recall correctly. It would have perhaps conserved some energy, but it did nothing to change our competitive position regarding other programs, schedule, setup/teardown effort, or long-term storage at the CC.

That said, it was wrenching to let it go, not least because some of our most committed racers are focused on Mod, and the CC was their great home. But...our final analysis would not let us BS ourselves into clinging to an untenable position.
yes I do hear what you saying ,cant argue that

Last edited by OVA; 12-07-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
two night per month on Saturday no mid week race ?
Old 12-07-2018, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Such mixed feelings about this. When I first started racing 4 years ago it was at cc. I just googled “Seattle rc racing” after finding my rc stuff in a box we opened after moving here. An old promo video you guys had/interview w newspaper told me “go there! I jumped right in to stock tc and was a serious problem on the track 😂.

For me, the late schedule was good...I had all day w fam, and kids in bed anyhow. I kinda like the drive home from CC...high on racing.

I’m a huge evangelist for the SeaTac program. It’s the ultimate. Just love it. It’s the best investment in rc I have heard of. Also, my spring schedule should see me at hangar 30. Plus “HANGAR 30” stickers are badass. (No more of those “community center“ sweatshirts I was designing) 🤓

I will miss that long, open straight at cc. Won’t miss heaving carpets down the stairs. I will miss my sporatic outings with mod 1/12...the ultimate dark art.

Overall, if we are going to stay healthy and nimble as a club, this kinda thing is necessary and will bring a brighter future. I see bigger things with the new focused energy.

I’ll see you all tomorrow! Should have new addicts coming as well. Will get them started and into the broader program.

-Jeff
Old 12-09-2018, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Short and sweet tonight, as I have an early alarm in the morning. We enjoyed a real nice race, with visitors from Spokane—Doc Holiday, Clayton, and Chris—plus a Novice and a Canadian in addition to our usual crew. We ran hard, as there were plenty of entries and heats, especially 1/12th Stock, Mod Touring, and F1.

A couple of standout efforts were John Tsang in Scale Spec almost breaking the track record from the ECC. He'll have one more crack at it on the 22nd. And 1/12th Stock had a ridiculous tight finish between Trav, Brian, and Korey, with Trav taking the win. All three were within a tenth. The same tenth, not one tenth one at a time. We're talking transponder placements.

The last race at the gym is the 22nd, then we put it away for good.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mains 8Dec2018.pdf (291.7 KB, 86 views)
Q1 8Dec2018.pdf (297.0 KB, 36 views)
Q2 8Dec2018.pdf (323.6 KB, 42 views)
Old 12-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That was one of the craziest finishes in 12 stock that I've been part of. I was trailing Trav with a great run out of the last corner coming up the left side heading fast towards the checkered flag. Korey was hot on my heals with the strongest of the 3 cars. Trav had to take measures, so he grinds me into the wall. Bugger! My right front tire is under Trav's left side. Korey shot up the opening. Somehow in that mere fraction of a second of contact and chaos, Trav took the win, Korey somehow split the difference of my car that was 6" back. It was a Viking Funeral. Everything went up in flames.
AlexPate and JeffofSpace like this.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 4 Results

Another great night of club racing in the books. Thanks to our resident writer Jesse Anderson for the race report. Any make sure to get over to the CC on the 22nd to send the Saturday program off in style.

Well, here we are. Four rounds in and already halfway through the 2018/2019 indoor season. It’s been a bittersweet ending to this particular calendar year with the final Saturday race on “The Smooth” next weekend, but as we reach the end of the ‘18 portion of the Wednesday night program, I’d like to take a moment and highlight a few of my favorite memories from the past few months.

While we don’t have the sheer number of dates this season as we’ve had in seasons past, each gathering has felt more essential than normal. If I look at the overall picture, it would be very difficult (if not impossible) to imagine mid-week racing not being an option in the local RC scene. And, while our Community Center program is set for its final hurrah on the 22nd, it’s comforting to know that our midweek tilts are here to stay for the foreseeable future. Back to our roots, we go.

The racing in Stock 12th and Scale Spec have been, in a word, superb. Close qualifying, close mains, and full fields. While it’s not uncommon to see 6 or 7 pan cars show up, it’s been especially refreshing to see the always-fun Spec class see a full Wednesday night resurgence. The wide spectrum of talent is one of the truly great attributes of this class, and consistently produces great racing to not only participate in, but to watch. Novice has also been a hoot each race with the inclusion of the mini class. These little inept racecars are a blast drive, and incite laughter from even the most serious driver. The land-rush starts don’t hurt either.

As many have noted previously, the set up and teardown during Saturday had become particularly burdensome on many within the club for several reasons. It’s no secret that lugging carpet & supplies up and down stairs gets difficult if a light night is on tap. The same simply cannot be said for Wednesday nights. With a few willing volunteers, the track was set up in minutes, racing was completed and lights were turned off in record time. Everything was put away so quickly, that the first drinks were half finished at the Broiler by 10:30. Now THAT’S efficiency.

As many of us prepare for the holidays, I’d just like to extend my thanks for everyone that makes this whole dysfunctional family work. Without the race directors, planners, members, and (most importantly) the racers, this program simply would not exist. So, on behalf of the club, thank you for taking the time to have fun with toy cars with us. While change is inevitable at some point, I’m excited for what 2019 has in store for the RC community. Happy holidays to everyone, and we’ll see you all at the Hangar on January 9th. Bring on the New Year!

Results can be found here.

-JRoy

Old 12-14-2018, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
That was one of the craziest finishes in 12 stock that I've been part of. I was trailing Trav with a great run out of the last corner coming up the left side heading fast towards the checkered flag. Korey was hot on my heals with the strongest of the 3 cars. Trav had to take measures, so he grinds me into the wall. Bugger! My right front tire is under Trav's left side. Korey shot up the opening. Somehow in that mere fraction of a second of contact and chaos, Trav took the win, Korey somehow split the difference of my car that was 6" back. It was a Viking Funeral. Everything went up in flames.
Videos are posted from the December 8th Race :

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...H2gWByFCZI3uTl

of particular note is the finish of the stock 12th race , as Brian mentioned and as well, the start of the F1 race had an "interesting start" so a little "Max Headroom" remix was appropriate :-)

Jake

JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Default POINTS!

Points are updated for both programs as of this last Wednesday.

Mote: I haven't added F1 to the points tally for H30 just yet, but if we all agree that F1 at the bullring will be a regular thing going forward, I'll back-count them starting next round.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That's right, you know the start of F-1 is good when the race director only has two words. I haven't laughed that well in a long time.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

That's good, Jake. I need to watch my language, clearly.

"It's open wheel! Be good to each other."

Old 12-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I felt horribly offended. More so than what happened to me in the handball court...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.