Like Tree183Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-28-2018, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike, I completely agree. It's not merely that they exist, either. The angle on the complete track is perfect for analyzing lines and parsing out how we handle traffic.

That's Jake, man, quietly doing great work and never drawing attention to himself for it
Old 11-29-2018, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet View Post
Mike, I completely agree. It's not merely that they exist, either. The angle on the complete track is perfect for analyzing lines and parsing out how we handle traffic.

That's Jake, man, quietly doing great work and never drawing attention to himself for it

I am always happy to use those videos as a learning tool as well. In this case, it has taught me, my eyes and my mind are not exactly in sync, and I need to make a big apology to Todd. After the first lap mayhem he got caught up in the 1/12th stock main, he and I were going down the straight and I turned in thinking I was enough in front of him that there would be no contact at all. Boy was I way off, I am very sorry for that. Although he made it away mostly unscathed, luckily, to try valiantly to catch Travis, I kept seeing in my minds eye that I had plenty of a lead on him to have done that. I did not. Just something to remember for any of us, the heat of the moment sometimes has us seeing things differently than reality. I can't even blame a parallax difference in we were standing on the drivers stand. Todd and I were next to each other on the stand. He gave me a "what the heckish" comment while it happened. Anyway, we are all having fun, part of the fun is the intensity, but this reminder makes realize I don't want to feel bad by not racing as clean as I can. I for one, will be better about close quarters, especially early in the race. Again, sorry Todd, see you next race, we are still friends having fun. :-)

-Alex
Old 11-29-2018, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

I’ve gotten in Todd’s way about eighteen times. Beginning to take “damnit, Jeff” as a sort of rite of passage. 😂
Old 11-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Y'know, I watched the video and thought "racing incident." Had I not been furious with myself for handling the start with such appalling ineptitude, I would have backed out and waited approx. one-half of a second and tried to get it on either of the two coming turns. Straightaways are awful places to make a move and we were racing for position. 'Twas nobody's fault but my own to be where I was having earned a nice TQ only to choke the start.

More disturbingly, it can't be true that I make outbursts on the stand, can it? I need to reform myself.
JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Having watched the video of the incident, my theory is that Alex was actually looking at the white car in front of the two of you.

EDIT: The reason being that when he turned in on you, he was still way too far before the first corner to actually be trying to turn into the corner. But the white car was right at the turn-in point.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default Upcoming Races

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't made it to the past couple of club races. I've been having health problems, then my dad had an emergency at work he had to go to at the last minute... But I'm feeling much better now after a number of doctor appointments and some other things.

Anyway, Dean is heading to India again soon (exciting!) for photo work, but this means that I might not be able to make it to the next two club races in December (12/8 and 12/22), unless I can get some help getting back home after race nights. If anyone is able to carpool with me back to Shoreline on 12/8 and 12/22, I would really appreciate it! I'd be more than happy to chip in for gas. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking of looking into taking a taxi or Lyft home; I'm assuming they run late at night.

Please send me a PM if you might be able to help!

Peace!
Samwise
Old 12-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sam, there is a chance that I can provide a ride to and from....if I am in town. Keep looking and consider me a "solid plan B".
Brian
Old 12-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My return to scale spec starts this Saturday. Tested out the maclan spec 25.5, seems to run ok.

See you gents then
Old 12-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sweet! We are going to get invaded from the North and from the East. A little birdie told me we may get some visitors from over the hill.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:16 AM
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Sweet! We are going to get invaded from the North and from the East. A little birdie told me we may get some visitors from over the hill.
Well I am hoping to have my 12th scale stock ready for this weekend sat So what is the ideal rollout ?
Thanks

Last edited by OVA; 12-07-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Franko,

Assuming a new school motor design. Start at 85mm and 45 deg. timing. Adjust from there. Shoot for 125 deg temp and 0.5 sec of fade, fast lap to avg. final 3.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:26 AM
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Hey Franko,

Assuming a new school motor design. Start at 85mm and 45 deg. timing. Adjust from there. Shoot for 125 deg temp and 0.5 sec of fade, fast lap to avg. final 3.
Hey Todd
Thanks
Old 12-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

Hey Franko,

English Todd, English!
Old 12-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy Race on Saturday?

Is there a race tomorrow? I’m still waiting for my son’s football season to be over.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default Community Center Final Races

On Wednesday, I convened the Comp Committee for a special meeting to work through our indoor racing schedule for the remainder of this season and next. I want to thank them for the time and effort to help me work through tough questions for this club. If I could somehow hand pick the best representatives from the region to think things through on behalf of everyone else, I couldn't put together a better group than the experienced, generous, hard-nosed members of the committee.

To sum up:

1. Starting in January, we are going to H30 only. We are shutting down the CC.

2. We are finishing up December as scheduled at the CC and H30.

3. We have purchased 3 rolls of black carpet for H30. The funds were raised from the Comp Committee. The buy was made today.

4. We have CC and H30 consolidation and cleanup to get through. That will happen mostly over the Christmas break and in January.

5. Looking ahead to 2019/2020, I will schedule H30 a minimum two nights per month.

The reasons for this decision follow. I'll emphasize that it's a true story and not merely messaging:

1. As great as the gym has been, it has been losing the Saturday night battle to win the time and energy of the racers. Participation has been steadily declining for the past couple seasons, with the drop-off accelerating this season.

2. After soliciting input from racers in the region, a number of causes for the drop-off were identified: setup/teardown fatigue, other programs getting stronger and eliminating need to travel to us, late night program not preferred, grey vs. black, carpet offroad pulling strong.

3. We have a limited range of response at the gym. We are in the one consistent schedule spot we can have. Saturday days or Sunday days are not an option. Our current storage is what's available. About the only change we can make is to buy black carpet (approx. $6200 with shipping), but that does nothing to address the other factors. And it's not like we wish the other programs to tank, leaving us the only good game around. Quite the opposite.

4. Vacating Saturdays frees up the energy of our core racers, who have been working hard on behalf of us all for years. And, it leaves no one in a lurch for racing. There are great weekend options within a reasonable drive for everyone we serve, none of which require setup and teardown.

5. Consolidating our winter energy on Wednesdays conserves our differentiated offering: high quality mid-week racing. And there are definitely racers for whom mid-week is the best or only racing option. Going with black carpet aligns us with other programs and simplifies preparation for those splitting time between our program and others. (Personal note: I'm worn out by the black vs. grey thing and am simply caving in. Fine. Black it is.)

6. The gym is closing for remodel in the next couple years, and I have had no luck securing an onsite storage solution within the remodeled facility. Meanwhile, we continue to enjoy long-term, superb storage at H30 that contributes to fast and easy setup/teardown.

7. As for wrapping up in December, we're making a Roman decision, sharp and swift, and an Irish exit, no awkward hugs and drawn out stuff—just down the pint and leave.

I think that sums it up. Thank you for the support over the years for our Saturday night racing. We had some epic races, and there’s been nothing else like it anywhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service