busman likes this.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Hall Pass = RACE DAY!!!
Old 11-17-2018, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 3 Results

Another great week of racing, Hangar 30 on Wednesday and The Smooth tonight. See you at the CC! Here's the race recap from Wednesday, courtesy of Jesse and The Racer Underground.

As the clocks roll back, and darkness descends upon the dreary American landscape, the collective RC world converges on sunny Las Vegas this week for the annual iic and iioc races. While this does sound like a suitable alternative to our light-deprived Northwest reality, our humble die-hard clubbies converged on Magnuson park Wednesday for the only championship that really matters: Wednesday Night Worlds.

I believe it was Todd who said it best when he mentioned that although we are a bit light on numbers, we are stronger, collectively across the region. While it was great to have full heats when Hangar 30 was the only game in town, I think we can all agree that this is what we all were working towards in the end: a stronger overall RC scene that's sustainable for years to come. With this being the third round of eight this season, what Wednesday lacked in heats bursting at the seams, it (yet again) more than made up for it in tight, hard racing and a lot of laughs.

Scale Spec was a tight battle all night between reigning class champ Kyle Bradshaw, Jerry Boyle, and Chris Perry. The latter, making his Hangar season debut, wasted no time claiming TQ and the A-Main victory, but not without relentless pressure by Kyle in the waning laps. Parody hasn't been this close in quite some time, which has undoubtedly brought some of that old-school excitement that this class was known for in recent years.

While the Novice class was once again invaded by the circus of ineptitude that is M-Chassis cars, the true highlight of the class was the beginner duo of Sean and Tobin Baxter. Mid-week club races are undoubtedly difficult to attend, so when new faces show up, then have a great time and leave with a smile and a apparent new addiction, there's a big reason to celebrate. Welcome, guys! Having said all that, the "heroic" (Kyle's words) performance with his mini is worthy of a race report all it's own. Ask him about it on Saturday, it's worth the 10 minutes.

Stock TC was light, with only 4 of us throwing down, but as has been the case so far this season, the competition was fierce as ever. While Stuart is in his own league at the moment, Weylin and I had a terrific scrap through qualifying and the mains. I won the qualifying battle, but Mr. Rose won the second place war. These kinds of nose-to-tail battles are the reason this hobby is so damn-addictive. Stock TC racing on the bullring never disappoints!

Stock 12th scale was the big class of the night, with a B-Main and a wide talent pool that created some intense battles. We also saw the inclusion of one Mr. Travis Schreven, which shook up the field with his TQ for the night's activities. The main however, was back to status-quo with Stuart Mason making all the right moves on his way to a solid victory. Travis would have some rough luck with traffic and a certain corner marshal's foot (sorry dude...), but would rebound nicely for second, with Brian Bodine taking the final podium spot.

With a third of the season now over, we will take another month break from our midweek throw-down and reconvene on December 12th. In the meantime, we're racing on "The Smooth" this Saturday, so come on out and turn some laps. Smiles and rad times, guaranteed.

-JRoy

Well done, Jesse, results can be viewed here.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 17Nov2018 CC Race Report

We put together a nice race last night. With 32 entries making competitive heats in all of our classes, a super fast teardown, and time to break it all down afterward, it was a good effort. I really do thank everyone for pitching in to put away the track. It was very smooth, with many hands making light work.

The old adage that the fast guys are always fast holds true in Scale Spec. Even with all of our racers on the Maclan 25.5 (or a 540-J, though I don't anyone is actually cool enough to run one), it was none other than old-time fast guy, Brian Shook bringing it home. It took him but a few laps of practice to figure out his settings, and then he was leading the way. It must be said that Ryan Robison worked hard to keep him honest, and that there was some good driving on his side, particularly on the left side esses. Ryan was hitting those nicely in the main and getting good drive onto the straight. Nevertheless, Shook prevailed.

We had an FNG in the house! Justin showed up to race and is looking immediately Scale Spec worthy. Between us, NORA, and Galaxy, we are bringing up a capable new guy. Hopefully, he comes back fofr more. Kyle, our famous H30 RD, was king to throw his Mini in with Justin.

Stock 1/12th, what can I say. It was a nice TQ. Pity that I CHOKED on the start and gave it away to Trav. Gah! And then a moment of impatience on the straight cost me further as I tangled with Alex who was only trying to race me fair and clean. Well, not to dwell, particularly when notice must go to the victor. Trav took it with his flying Yokomo, a chassis that continues to fascinate. It is so fun to have the very capable Peeler join us in the class. While the gym track is perhaps a bit big for the car, it is all the same a real challenge to manage motor and battery fade on the big track. It really pulls the best out of that part of our program. Trav was pushing a motor that was perhaps not the fastest option, or one he has not spent the time with, so he was having to manage fade through the night. With his usual masterful style, his corner speed was a demonstration.

Meanwhile, over in Modified Touring, Korey was the untouchable king of the night. His run continues, with no one able to mount a consistent challenge. Indoors or out, Korey is our best. Which left Weylin and Stuart to battle it out for the rest of the podium. Jake was in there, too, at least in qualifying. But come the main, Weylin and Stuart beat on each other at a high rate of speed for six full minutes to see who could take the most punishment and still come across the line. Youth prevailed over Weylin's experience and treachery, as Stuart drove it home for the runner-up while Weylin took third.

In Formula One, it was Russ Dyer taking on the treacherous Brian Shook and coming out the winner. Brian and Russ swapped leads several times, but Russ kept his cool while Brian tried a couple bump to pass maneuvers that never work in open wheel. No question that Brian is quick! But, Russ has been at the F1 game for years and knows when to go easy and stay clean.

Finally, Stock Touring was the close quarters battle it should be every time. I will say it again, moving this class to 21.5 has restored its proper dynamic. It's still fast! Lap times have come down only just a nudge from the 17.5 days, but the flow and rhythm have come back. We're back to corner speed and perfect lines and overall conservation of momentum and let go of the mad lurch and punch we had learned to live with. The top four cars finished on the same lap. It was Gary Lewis, down from the northern counties with the Glasgow brothers, who showed the way. I expect good things from Gary as this season goes on. He combines setup and lines, not to mention a sharp elbowed presence born of decades at the wheel of full size race car. It's great to have him out there!

I'm forecasting a nice turnout next Saturday at NORA. Go early to get a seat!

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mains 17Nov2018.pdf (237.9 KB, 70 views)
Q1 17Nov2018.pdf (237.7 KB, 34 views)
Q2 17Nov2018.pdf (238.2 KB, 33 views)
Old 11-19-2018, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Franko, what were you smoking before you posted about the Maclan 25.5 and why didn't you share? Lmao love ya buddy see you at NORA Saturday. If you break just act like your driving somebody else's car....oh wait

Had to add my rusty penny haha. Great night of racing on Saturday. The pace was fast on track and equally fast packing up. Had great fun chasing the pink n blue rocket all night.

Until the first lap saw job to start the Amain Todd...you had me covered. The battle will ensue next Saturday up at Nora on the Black Rug. Hope to see as many racers as possible up there. Happy Thanksgiving to Everybody!
Old 11-19-2018, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I guess it is time to get my scale spec ready.

I've been itching to throw the Seattle Scale Spec motor in.

Now, can someone please wake up Jacob?
Old 11-19-2018, 05:21 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lilchamp
Franko, what were you smoking before you posted about the Maclan 25.5 and why didn't you share? Lmao love ya buddy see you at NORA Saturday. If you break just act like your driving somebody else's car....oh wait

Had to add my rusty penny haha. Great night of racing on Saturday. The pace was fast on track and equally fast packing up. Had great fun chasing the pink n blue rocket all night.

Until the first lap saw job to start the Amain Todd...you had me covered. The battle will ensue next Saturday up at Nora on the Black Rug. Hope to see as many racers as possible up there. Happy Thanksgiving to Everybody!
see ya at Nora I think my YRX12 is ready for action...
R3VoLuTiOn likes this.

Last edited by OVA; 11-22-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:27 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
I guess it is time to get my scale spec ready.

I've been itching to throw the Seattle Scale Spec motor in.

Now, can someone please wake up Jacob?
Jacob...I don't think he coming back...new job position long hours work.. spending time with his wife and his daughter....new Toy Truck
maybe in a few year later he might come back...that is what he saying to me
Old 11-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Default POINTS!

Points are updated for both Wednesday and Saturday.
Happy thanksgiving, ya filthy animals!

Old 11-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

On this day, as cheesy as it may sound, I am thankful that I get to enjoy this hobby with my friends that I have got to know over 34yrs. I wish Gary Bennett a speedy recovery. Enjoy this day with your Family. Then lets get our race on!
Brian
Old 11-22-2018, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Happy Thanksgiving! Its a good thing weve got going. I am so thankful you are all a part of the fun.
JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry for the delay ! Videos are up from the November 17 2018 SRCR Saturday club race at the Magnuson Park Community Center in Seattle WA !

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fTWZa5QsAlxM1E

Last edited by Magnet Top; 11-26-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Sorry for the delay ! Videos are up from the November 17 2018 SRCR Saturday club race at the Magnuson Park Community Center in Seattle WA !

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fTWZa5QsAlxM1E
Thank you so much for sharing the videos, Jake. It'd be easy to take them for granted, because you have been doing them for so many years. But they are an incredibly valuable learning tool.

I always pore over them, watching different drivers, the lines they take, the way their car moves, and where I gain or lose time in comparison. It gives me ideas about what to work on for the next race night.

If you ever feel like you need help making them happen, please let me know what I can do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.