Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-31-2018, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Default POINTS!

Ok, so bear with me, as I'm very technologically challenged, but I've updated points as of last Saturday.
Same points structure we've been using for a year or so: 5 for first, 4 for second, etc., and 1 point for TQ.
Let me know if it comes through alright.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Since you've replaced me....you need to learn the sort button.
Also clean your pits and remember where you park....
Old 11-01-2018, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A_Cartwright
Since you've replaced me....you need to learn the sort button.
Also clean your pits and remember where you park....
On it, thanks!
Also, F.O. and F.O.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What's the state of the loaner program?

I'm itching to pick up some new gear, but need to figure out what to do with the old gear first. Kinda thinkin' my T4'14s might make good loaner chassis.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's a great question, Mike. I appreciate you thinking of it.

The loaner program is in a state of suspension. It has more to do with available energy than it does equipment. A couple T4s would certainly be an upgrade to the TT01's we have, though I could say the same of a couple TC7s in the Team Mason stable, and I'm sure any number of old but good chassis out there in the club.

The challenge is recruiting clubbies to take the point position on a race night. We already ask a lot with setup and teardown, so to expect more is a big ask. Not to mention the before/after maintenance and repair that often comes with it. It's a subject I'd like to dig into, and it may be your T4s could serve to upgrade our fleet. But like most things, it's not the capital costs but rather the operating expenses that wear us down over time.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I might also be under-estimating the ability of raw noobs to break a car.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:57 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Well Just let you know about my 60.00 club Maclan 25.5.
I did the motor checker and gauss meter check and Not happy with result....it come with High Torque Rotor ,really is NOT...unless the rotor is defect.
bottom line , you get what you pay for .
Old 11-14-2018, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Franko,

Let's stipulate for the moment the conditions of your testing were good and you had a reference for your numbers...

Were you not happy with the performance of your motor as compared to other club motors? As compared to other ROAR-approved 25.5s? By performance, I mean in the car and on the track. Did you feel you were getting your doors blown off? I will say you've always had fast spec motors.

If you feel you might have a defective rotor, my advice is to contact Maclan. Yours would be the first with an issue that I am aware of.

I do not know what the expected gauss readings are for the spec rotors, neither do I know how to test them at home with the equipment I have that would give the sort of consistency achieved in a lab setting. In the past, I have monitored spec rotors for strength over time. That is, testing them between race weekends on the same checker, same bench, same conditions as near as I could. I was tracking for degradation in strength. The results wandered around, nothing consistent emerged, so I stopped doing it. I don't need yet another instrument for messing with my confidence in the spec racing arena.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:31 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hey Franko,

Let's stipulate for the moment the conditions of your testing were good and you had a reference for your numbers...

Were you not happy with the performance of your motor as compared to other club motors? As compared to other ROAR-approved 25.5s? By performance, I mean in the car and on the track. Did you feel you were getting your doors blown off? I will say you've always had fast spec motors.

If you feel you might have a defective rotor, my advice is to contact Maclan. Yours would be the first with an issue that I am aware of.

I do not know what the expected gauss readings are for the spec rotors, neither do I know how to test them at home with the equipment I have that would give the sort of consistency achieved in a lab setting. In the past, I have monitored spec rotors for strength over time. That is, testing them between race weekends on the same checker, same bench, same conditions as near as I could. I was tracking for degradation in strength. The results wandered around, nothing consistent emerged, so I stopped doing it. I don't need yet another instrument for messing with my confidence in the spec racing arena.
let me put it this way
first for all I've tested just about all 25.5 motor available on the market and compare each other
secondly Donny and Mike in Scale spec were able to keep up with other brands 25.5 with no problem
Some how this 60.00 motor isn't performing close to Gray Lewis Jim or John G and Chris Perry and a few other were running the R1 and I can see their motor are much faster and I know I was gearing and timing at the max performance I can get out Maclan motor...
I know for fact the this HT rotor 12.3 come with it is way under spec
fyi Chris Perry ran his Maclan 25.5 and he couldn't up the speed and him and I were gearing the same...
Old 11-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Were you not the fastest car down the straight last Wednesday? I seem to recall you were. I can't say much for the R1, because I've never run one, but it's also my opinion that the racing in Scale Spec on Wednesday is the best it's been in awhile, and I'd attribute that to the level playing field with a spec motor. Last Wednesday's Spec main was legitimately fun to watch because it was so even.

I'd be tempted to throw a 25.5 in my own car and do some independent testing to see if they're really that far off somewhere else.
I have an answer already in my head....
Old 11-14-2018, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
secondly Donny and Mike in Scale spec were able to keep up with other brands 25.5 with no problem
Franko, were Donny and Mike running the Maclan ?
Old 11-14-2018, 12:54 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Magnet Top

Franko, were Donny and Mike running the Maclan ?
yes
Old 11-14-2018, 12:57 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Were you not the fastest car down the straight last Wednesday? I seem to recall you were. I can't say much for the R1, because I've never run one, but it's also my opinion that the racing in Scale Spec on Wednesday is the best it's been in awhile, and I'd attribute that to the level playing field with a spec motor. Last Wednesday's Spec main was legitimately fun to watch because it was so even.

I'd be tempted to throw a 25.5 in my own car and do some independent testing to see if they're really that far off somewhere else.
I have an answer already in my head....
Jesses
everyone at the H30 are running the same motor 25.5 Maclan brands ...that isn't the problem
Old 11-14-2018, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

OK. So, I'm reading a couple things. Your motor seems slow compared to other Maclan 25.5s and you believe the rotor is not meeting spec. If that is the case, I encourage you to contact Maclan. Just as we were not with Novaks, the club is not in the motor warranty business. I hope and am confident you will have some good luck there.

As for not keeping up with the R1s. Well...Gary, John and Jim are great drivers and setup men and they're running on a home track. Not that you aren't competent yourself, Franko, that's not what I'm saying. But, let's start there, shall we?

But, let's say that you aren't just getting beat by the drivers whose coordination of throttle and steering inputs result in faster lap times. Let's say you're getting beat by a faster motor. What can I say? I grumble incessantly to myself about getting beat by Trinitys in Stock 1/12th. I'm sure it's the motor and not my setup and driving (100% absolutely convinced. No other explanation will suffice. I won't hear it.) Shall we start a "I'm mad as hell and can't take it anymore" spec racing grievance committee?

NORA allows for any ROAR-approved 25.5. Go shopping.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:22 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
OK. So, I'm reading a couple things. Your motor seems slow compared to other Maclan 25.5s and you believe the rotor is not meeting spec. If that is the case, I encourage you to contact Maclan. Just as we were not with Novaks, the club is not in the motor warranty business. I hope and am confident you will have some good luck there.

As for not keeping up with the R1s. Well...Gary, John and Jim are great drivers and setup men and they're running on a home track. Not that you aren't competent yourself, Franko, that's not what I'm saying. But, let's start there, shall we?

But, let's say that you aren't just getting beat by the drivers whose coordination of throttle and steering inputs result in faster lap times. Let's say you're getting beat by a faster motor. What can I say? I grumble incessantly to myself about getting beat by Trinitys in Stock 1/12th. I'm sure it's the motor and not my setup and driving (100% absolutely convinced. No other explanation will suffice. I won't hear it.) Shall we start a "I'm mad as hell and can't take it anymore" spec racing grievance committee?

NORA allows for any ROAR-approved 25.5. Go shopping.
I don't disagree what your saying
1 I cant speak for everyone Maclan motor...I could have the defect rotor
2 60.00 motor are made with different spec parts (I don't know for sure) poor quality control
3 it perfect for one brands spec motor classes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.