Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-13-2018, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

...is... is scale spec low on entries?
Old 02-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I say follow roar national rules packages....
USGT/Scale Spec (adapt the national rules package)
Stock Touring 21.5
1/12 21.5

Less motors to own, Tuning becomes easier, the usgt to stock tc step is a minimal one but you get a more drive able car in stock tc with the tc body and tc tires which should prove to be a lap faster with those changes.

My 2 cents
Old 02-14-2018, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

1/12th at 21.5 would be way too slow. Everyone is evenly matched for speed right now and there are several new drivers this season at CC doing quite well. The cost of 1/12th is far lower as a whole compared to touring cars also...neither do I see guys switching motors but once or twice a year...doesn’t seem to be the same motor-of-the-month issue as tc. Remember, we are only at half the voltage as well. I think moving 1/12th to 21.5 would actually lose drivers.

Another good example of the success of 17.5 1/12th is NORA this season. About five rookie drivers...all making good laps and learning their cars.
Z Man likes this.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

hmmm 21.5 1/12 I knew it would get a response. You guys should make Bodine use a 21.5 the rest of the season lol.

Last edited by REECE.; 02-15-2018 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Points!!

Sorry for delays....having some file corruption issues since going to Windows 10.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
H30_Points_021518.pdf (361.7 KB, 127 views)
CC_Points_021518.pdf (393.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 02-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by REECE.
hmmm 21.5 1/12 I knew it would get a response. You guys should make Bodine use a 21.5 the rest of the season lol.
Ha! Agreed
Old 02-15-2018, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

IMO 13.5 1/12 is the perfect speed.
But is probably on the edge of just too quick for beginners.
speedxl, el salvador and T-Hawk like this.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Let me sleep with a 21.5 for a few nights, I'd plug one in, for science.

13.5 on stripes is tough to beat. At least in the NW and on the WCICS circuits. It's all about track size. It's too much for some 36x60 where they actually race the hell outta 21.5 1s.
T-Hawk likes this.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Let me sleep with a 21.5 for a few nights, I'd plug one in, for science.

13.5 on stripes is tough to beat. At least in the NW and on the WCICS circuits. It's all about track size. It's too much for some 36x60 where they actually race the hell outta 21.5 1s.
I'd be one that would love to see a 13.5 class added for 1/12. Having raced it a few times in Canada makes it so that you need to layoff the trigger a bit more. I'm one that would love to run a 2nd class and I'm not any faster in MOD than 17.5 yet so adding a 13.5 class would be so cool. + I'm just not feeling the love for TC like i am for 1/12. 1/12 to me and Max is twice the fun of any other class. It's just really fun. Thinking of dropping the rest and trying to become a 1/12 master when i grow-up one day.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lence
I'd be one that would love to see a 13.5 class added for 1/12. Having raced it a few times in Canada makes it so that you need to layoff the trigger a bit more. I'm one that would love to run a 2nd class and I'm not any faster in MOD than 17.5 yet so adding a 13.5 class would be so cool. + I'm just not feeling the love for TC like i am for 1/12. 1/12 to me and Max is twice the fun of any other class. It's just really fun. Thinking of dropping the rest and trying to become a 1/12 master when i grow-up one day.
This is correct...the dark side is best
Old 02-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30 Round 10 Results

Boom! Another great reace report, and only 2 more races left at the Hangar.....hope to see a bunch of you there as we wrap-up the season.

Well, Winter finally decided to show its ugly head....at the end of February. Like we needed any more confirmation of that. Looking forward to toy car racing is about the only thing one can do while socked in by Jack Frost and his merry band of degenerates, also known as rain, snow, and wind. With snow falling around the Puget Sound area, the numbers were a touch light, but those that showed up enjoyed bitchin' racing and solid heats on yet another great "Wednesday Night Worlds".

In novice, we were treated to a packed 6-car field, and a Euro-Trash...er.. Truck appearance by young Stuart Mason. Paul Nortness would take TQ honors, but Ken Christensen would take the top step of the podium. I think we can all agree that bringing Stuart's ego down a notch with a severe handicap was just as entertaining as the 4-wheel hopping action that Euro Truck produced.

Scale spec was a another relatively drama-free win for Mike Boyle, save for an epic body-tucking performed by Kyle Bradshaw and Jeff Johnson. Meanwhile, Chris Perry sent about earning a hard-fought 2nd place finish, having successfully completed "the toughest pass in all of Motorsport" as Todd put it. Bonus points to Chris for surviving to tell the tale. Kyle would round out the top three.

Stock Touring was the Cartwright and Mason show, with the rest of us common folk fighting over the final finishing spots. Stuart would sweep TQ and the win on the night, with Andrew 2nd and yours truly finishing 3rd. Yes, you heard that right. I actually finished the race this time. Hard to believe, I know. I was shocked too.

Stock 12th was dominated by the Mini Mason once again, with Brian Bodine slotted in second, and Todd qualifying third. The Main was more of the same, as Stuart would drive away with the win and continue his Wednesday night stranglehold on the class. Todd would get around Brian for second at the end, with Brian taking the final podium spot.

It's hard to believe we are only two Wednesday nights away from closing out the 2018/2019 indoor season! There's still two more chances to get your hacks in before we close out indoors at the Hangar, on the 7th and 21st of March, followed by the Emerald City Classic on the 24th & 25th. In the meantime, we are racing on "the smooth" this Saturday, so come on out. Get those screws tight and your setups dialed in, it's gonna be an epic end to another epic indoor season!

Results posted below.
Attached Files
Round 1.pdf (681.4 KB, 80 views)
Round 2.pdf (685.4 KB, 76 views)
Mains.pdf (544.9 KB, 93 views)
Old 02-23-2018, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Race videos from the February 10 2018 SRCR club race

So, I know its late, but, better late than never ??

Here are the race videos from the last Saturday Race.

Hopefully see you all tomorrow.

Jake

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...aqZSeIU2pM6Ao2
Old 02-25-2018, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 24Feb2018 Race Report

Nearing the end of our ninth season at Magnuson Park, the Seattle RC Racers enjoyed a typically robust outing in the community center gym with 44 entries in nine heats, including a four-car Novice field.

We were lights out and on our way at midnight thanks to plenty of help at teardown, which is hugely appreciated. Without wanting to put a hex on us by saying so, we have the financial model figured out to support long-term operations in an expensive and growing city. But we don't make so much money that we can afford a setup and teardown crew—we have to do that ourselves. When we exercise our strength in numbers, all goes well. When the number of helping hands slips, it puts a burden on those who remain that is unsustainable. I think we all recognize that. Last night was good. I will do my part to keep the program chugging so we are not tearing down in the wee morning hours.

Our competition committee meets this week to review this season's program, consider rules revisions, and confirm plans going forward into the summer and next indoor season. Following is a brief rundown of the agenda:

Scale Spec: do we change up the motor rules? Some feel the open ROAR motor rule is messing with the class. Others say leave it and that a few people complaining does not represent the broader sentiment. Just about everyone agrees that test motors should not be on track in the class, though again, not everyone. I have been quietly surveying the field and looking at installed equipment, hoping to see a slam dunk choice for a single-make motor. Sadly, no one motor definitively sticks out. If, and I mean IF, we go that route, some will surely be disappointed, even angry, that their investment is rendered useless for our program. There is no choice that comes without negative repercussions for someone. We will do our best to make a wise choice.

Stock Touring: there is a strong split in opinion about whether to go 21.5 or 17.5 for our Stock class. Arguments on both sides are informed and convincing. The one definitive is that no one I've talked to wants to see a split class. I wish I saw a more compelling national trend, but it's not shaping up in the programs and races I've surveyed. Interest in 17.5 remains deep, but 21.5 is for sure pulling entries. A few more in one here--about equal in both there—it's a question that is not being answered for us. We will have to make our choice without the comfort of obvious alignment with other local programs or regions.

Community center remodel: the community center will be remodeled in the next 12 to 18 months and going by current parks department plans, we will be out of a weekend home for a stretch of time. I have started laying plans, but the process of buy-in will have to begin soon. I have some ideas knocking around in my head that could set us on a new adventure, but I have to put them to the first test with the comp committee to see what gets shot down immediately or what strikes them as possible.

Summer Sizzler: with the TZGP taking a year off, we find ourselves with a perhaps larger summer energy and interest budget to work with. A true two-day summer race (triple mains, yadda yadda) may be making a return to the outdoor calendar.

That's just a partial review of the agenda the guys will confront on Wednesday. We will follow up with an all-club meeting in March.

The racing results with lap by lap times and positions are available here online: RC Scoring Pro | Saturday Club Race February 24th 2018 Results | Seattle RC Racers Results attached in .pdf as well.
Attached Files
24Feb2018 Q1.pdf (349.7 KB, 85 views)
Q2 24Feb2018.pdf (348.0 KB, 76 views)
Mains 24Feb2018.pdf (271.4 KB, 100 views)
Old 02-27-2018, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default Points!!

Two more races at each site!
Attached Files
H30_Points_022718.pdf (362.1 KB, 71 views)
CC_Points_022718.pdf (367.1 KB, 77 views)
Old 03-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

One more race on Wednesday night. Quick points update. Two classes have been locked up by the faster Mason. Novice and Scale spec are up for grabs!
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-capture.png  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.