Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-18-2009, 01:36 AM
piper48

Originally Posted by Goingfast
let me know when you are ready for good time....Franko
Yuk! Franko, I didn't know you swing like that. Hah Hah Just kiding buddy.

Jaybee, good to hear your coming back. See you at the track.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
Yuk! Franko, I didn't know you swing like that. Hah Hah Just kiding buddy.

Jaybee, good to hear your coming back. See you at the track.
Now is fixed ...your dirtymind
Old 11-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb Agreed.

Originally Posted by jtveten
The top racers, for the most part have the latest competitive equipment and the top skills to go with it and that is why they are the racers to aim for. All the top equipment does is make it possible to stay competitive with similar skilled racers, that have the top equipment. Less skilled racers are not going to beat a Paul L. even with him driving a car with less hp but if we drove the same hp car that he did we would just be more laps down. An advantage has its limitations. Skill is another part of the equation.
So I'm a n00b, but I always kind of thought that a solid well skilled driver was going to be competitive wherever he races with what ever he races. Be it with the latest $1500 in techno-goodies or a milk crate. All the goodies just make it easier.

Money can't fix set up and skill.

Having said that, I look forward to getting my clocked cleaned next Wednesday with my TA05 $40 speed control, JR XR3 and silvercan. Nothing fancier or more expensive is going to make me drive better.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarontaht
So I'm a n00b, but I always kind of thought that a solid well skilled driver was going to be competitive wherever he races with what ever he races. Be it with the latest $1500 in techno-goodies or a milk crate. All the goodies just make it easier.

Money can't fix set up and skill.

Having said that, I look forward to getting my clocked cleaned next Wednesday with my TA05 $40 speed control, JR XR3 and silvercan. Nothing fancier or more expensive is going to make me drive better.
I'm sorry you've been mislead. In nearly every form of motorsport, you NEED to have top end equiptment to be on the top end of the field. Racing is playing at the edge of physics, and you cannot F with physics. Your logic may apply to such types of racing as the three-legged sack race and possibly the "hornets" class at your local roundy round track. Whether you're racing RC cars, karts, alms, nascar, scca, corr or any other similarly competitive form of motorsport, there is a certain threshold where human (or inhuman) skill cannot gain those last tenths. At that point it REQUIRES more traction/horspower/etc to get on top....
Old 11-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sixgears
I'm sorry you've been mislead. In nearly every form of motorsport, you NEED to have top end equiptment to be on the top end of the field. Racing is playing at the edge of physics, and you cannot F with physics. Your logic may apply to such types of racing as the three-legged sack race and possibly the "hornets" class at your local roundy round track. Whether you're racing RC cars, karts, alms, nascar, scca, corr or any other similarly competitive form of motorsport, there is a certain threshold where human (or inhuman) skill cannot gain those last tenths. At that point it REQUIRES more traction/horspower/etc to get on top....
I could go into (on MANY levels) how misguided rants like this are what continually doom the RC hobby to remain a VERY small hobby...

Nah. Life's too short.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sixgears
Yes and no. At the top national level races tenths do make the difference and sometimes it does come down to a combination of equipment and skill. But locally we are not racing at that level and more time is lost due to inconsistent driving than due to equipment. Case in point: Troy Crabtree is running a front wheel drive M05 against 4 wheel drive touring cars in the Scale Spec class. Clearly the 4wd cars out power and out handle the M05 yet the results show something different. Until you get to a level where you can contend for the A main at a national level most people will be able to do just fine with so called "lesser" equipment. Work on setup and not crashing for 6 minutes(or 8) first and then worry about having the top of the line later.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This is club racing. Gotta keep that in mind. "club" meaning fun, laid back, and enjoyable. You should not need top level gear to have fun on a club level.

I am guilty of wanting the newest gear just because it's cool; but I know better than to go out and buy a T3 just to club race. To those hopping on the Advanced Electronics ESC bandwagon to club race WGT or 12th scale, you better goto some big races or beat me and my POS Losi ESC or I am going to make fun of you.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
This is club racing. Gotta keep that in mind. "club" meaning fun, laid back, and enjoyable. You should not need top level gear to have fun on a club level.

I am guilty of wanting the newest gear just because it's cool; but I know better than to go out and buy a T3 just to club race. To those hopping on the Advanced Electronics ESC bandwagon to club race WGT or 12th scale, you better goto some big races or beat me and my POS Losi ESC or I am going to make fun of you.
very true and funny
Old 11-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

you guys should bring your spedos to me man, my dad's a T.V. repairman he's got a radical set of tool's. dude i can fix it
Old 11-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wes and Mike: I completely agree with you and understand the huge difference between club and Nats level racing. I guess I should have emphasized that I was referring to the top tier of motorsports. Aaron said something along the lines of "a good driver should be able to run anything, ANYWHERE". That word is what I was nitpicking, if you will.

Scott: The truth I was endulging everyone with is what keeps scares a lot of people away from a lot of forms of racing. They don't realize how fulfilling it can be two play in those lower tiers
Old 11-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I cant remember... when did this topic of the AE esc turn into I cant afford an expensive new speed controller.. and since I choose not to spend "X" amount on the newest flavor of the month.. you shouldn’t race in our "club" because its not fair…

I joke around but you have to see how this topic has changed it’s views through out the pages

I say if the track allows it (which seems to be the vibe so far) and you can afford it... AND if you want it... get it or quit complaining about the price and how this magic black box will make gold poor from its advanced timing! (I’m going to bite the bullet and will enjoy my new AE.. gold here I come!)
Old 11-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I laugh in your faces,
Old 11-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I laugh in your faces,
How 'bout a TicTac?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cabinetgod
you guys should bring your spedos to me man, my dad's a T.V. repairman he's got a radical set of tool's. dude i can fix it
OK Spikoli!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.