Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-23-2016, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lence
5:00 AM: Kill my Alarm
6:00 AM: Teach Seminary (New Testament) to a group of 25 high school kids (Amazing that they all get up that early and are happy to be there)
7:30 AM: Drive to work (I try to work from my home office on racing days, but yesterday I had a meeting or five)
3:00 PM: Tell the office that I have a hard stop. (They think it is always some kind of family emergency)
3:30 PM: Pack the cars, and gather all the racers who are going, this always takes longer that I hope. Yesterday we had Christian show up and say, “When are you going racing next?” “In about 15 minutes!!” was our answer, so off he came. Get some food for the road, drop by Carl’s Jr. for a healthy driving dinner.
4:15 PM: Start to fight Tacoma and Seattle traffic. With the rain and many people crashing this took two hours.
6:15 PM: The racing starts, Team Lence gets a few practice laps, while the Pit Boss fixes all the cars. We have broken 4 ARC R10 / 11 front hubs within the last 2 racing programs. With the $5.00 extra class and supporting six cars, our goal for the night was to just get through 75% of the races without breaking.
7:15 PM: The first race of my new Xray X12 2017, the body was already killed before it hit the track from Max hacking at it during the practice day at the Big Chill, so after watching it drag for several laps I had to pull off. Somehow Christian took 3rd in the Novice class for the 1st race of his career.
8:30 PM: Laugh my but off at Slapmaster6000’s trash talking of Maxwell’s paint job, and at my aero effects on my Touring Car. I almost had to pull over. Was able to run a much better race with my X12, found time to tweak a few things, and the car was starting to feel better.
10:00 PM: Best hour of the day. After a terrible start in Novice (I saw McKenna’s CRC spinning upside down for hours) She was able to have an amazing run, and pass everyone from dead last, and then held it together long enough for the win. Christian came in a very respectable 4th overall, which is not bad for a first-timer.
In 1/12 17.5 I had a great start for ½ of the 1st lap, and was able to pass three cars. Then I hit a dot wrong, went sideways, and after I was hit hard by 5 or 20 different cars, I located my car stilling on-top of pipe land. The rest of the 472 seconds was having as much fun as I could racing with Max and enjoying how much faster my car was starting to feel.
10:30 PM: Head home, and fight the I-5 construction.
11:45 PM: Finally made it home, unpack, tuck in the kids, and smile at how happy McKenna was having claimed her 1st big win. I can’t wait for the day until she can join Maxwell and I in the 17.5 1/12th scale class.
12:00 AM: Dreamland. What an amazing day. It is so great to have something so positive and fun to look forward to. Many thanks to Todd, Kyle, Brian, Chris, Bill, Stewart, Korey, and the rest of the club who keep this thing going. We should be back on the 14th. We will miss the Can-Am with holiday conflicts.
Thanks for sharing that! That is one full day, especially fighting all the traffic, but it sounds like lasting memories for your family.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 3 Results

It takes more than a shift in our schedule, holiday hustle and bustle, or brutal Seattle traffic to dampen the spirits of our racers. 36 entries on the night made for one of our biggest nights in H30 Wednesday racing. Thanks to everyone who stepped-in to ensure the program ran smoothly and we were able to burn through 16 qualifying rounds and Mains in Stock 1/12, Stock Touring, Scale Spec, Novice and Formula 1 in a hair under 4 hours. (Maybe a bit too close for my preference, but we got it done.)

Formula 1 was a welcome addition to the H30 lineup, and in true F1 fashion the sanctioning body (me) changed the qualifying rules in the middle of the race day. As a result, Adam Shelton’s 2nd fastest run did him no favors as Rob Swan’s single lap time earned him the #2 spot in the Main behind Bill Swadener. Adam started 3rd but found trouble and broke in the main, while Bill and Rob swapped spots and laughs through the Main, with Rob edging out Bill at the line by a measly 0.2 seconds, Braedan Swan finishing 3rd.
Novice was a full heat, with Jerry Boyle testing a new Stock Touring car and TQ’ing before heading home early. That left Gary Bennett on the nose, with McKenna Lence and Matt Blair lined up behind. In the Main, Gary got off to an early lead while the rest of the field traded bumps and passes. About halfway through Gary’s car began to exhibit ill handling and McKenna finished her charge from the back of the pack to take the lead. From there, she never looked back, kept out of trouble and charged to her first race win. Gary’s car trouble continued until he ultimately retired from the race. Braedan Swan took 2nd behind McKenna, Matt Blair in 3rd.

Stock Touring saw Mike Boyle TQ with Donny Banks and Alvin Nucam lined up behind him. In the main, Donny found trouble early on and never recovered as the top 3 cars lit the afterburners and pulled a gap. Alvin found trouble on lap 1 which allowed Bill Swadener a whiff of the 2 spot, which he seized and ran away like a scalded cat. Bill and Mike mixed it up for most of the race while Alvin got to work, picking his way through the field from 6th to finish 3rd. Bill 2nd, Mike 1st.

Stock 1/12 saw Brian Bodine reset both H30 track records with a 9.448 lap and 49/8:04.900 Q2 run, becoming the first car to dip in to the 49 lap territory in the Hangar. Not to be outdone, Stuart Mason reset his personal best time in qualifying, which would have been enough for a new track record on any other night. The top 3 in the Main finished as they qualified: Todd 3rd, Stuart 2nd and the Slapmaster 1st.

Scale Spec was unpredictable as always, for starters Donny Banks hung out for the Mains! Donny TQ’ed with a time only 3 seconds off Ryan Brownlee’s track record, leaving Rob Swan and Chris Perry only a couple seconds apart to slug it out behind. The unpredictability continued when Chris and Rob tangled in the first corner, allowing me to inherit 2nd place with a mere 5:58 to go. As the saying goes, “It’s lonely at the top”, and I think that applied to Donny as well, because he took it upon himself to check-up a couple of times and allow me to mix it up with him on track. I managed to lead a handful of laps, but with Donny on my bumper I felt like the dog who caught the bus. It’s amazing how powerless you can feel when a car that’s 3 laps faster than you is nipping at your heels. While Donny and I were horsing around, Rob got to work, caught and passed me and never looked back. Finishing order: me in 3rd, Rob 2nd, Donny 1st.

That was one heck of a night – thanks again to everyone who came down to make it possible. Have a relaxing Thanksgiving, and we will see you 12/14 back on our regular Wednesday schedule. Results and updated track records are posted below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (57.2 KB, 31 views)
Round2.txt (57.8 KB, 42 views)
Round3.txt (33.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: pdf
H30 Track Records.pdf (323.4 KB, 581 views)
Old 11-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Final Draft

Hi All!

Thanks for the input last weekend...excellent thoughts and points. I have compiled what I heard and have come up with this as the final draft for the new decal sheet. Unless there are any huge objections I will send the vector file to Todd.
Last chance for changes...let me know!

-Jeff

Old 11-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Happy Thanksgiving Seattle RC Racers!

It remains a great privilege and joy in my life to race with you all and keep this operation humming along. Thank you for showing up and having fun.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Waiting for the kit to arrive
Old 11-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is there a race on the 17 of December I will like come up and get some carpet time
Old 11-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default Can-Am Challenge

Hello all,

I was wondering, is there a special schedule for the Can-Am Challenge? It's listed as the next CC race, so I wanted to check.

Also, my dad will be in India during the next two race nights (December 3rd and December 17th). As many of you know, he is a skilled professional photographer and has the opportunity to do non-profit documentary work in India for the fourth time now. I'm happy for him!

If anyone could give me a ride home from racing on those two dates, I would deeply appreciate it! I live in Shoreline, in the Richmond Beach neighborhood. Send me a PM if you can.

Thanks again!

Sam
Old 11-26-2016, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Happy Thanksgiving Seattle RC Racers!

It remains a great privilege and joy in my life to race with you all and keep this operation humming along. Thank you for showing up and having fun.
Thank you Todd! We are all deeply grateful for your dedication to running a stellar race program. I've been racing for about 17 years, and this is one of the best programs I've ever been a part of.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2016 Can-Am Challenge

The Can-Am Challenge is indeed this coming Saturday, December 3. We will race our normal Saturday schedule: doors open at 4 for the track build, practice to follow, Q1 at 6.

We will have our special shot glass prizes for 1st-3rd, for all of our race classes including Novice.

The shot glasses are cool; they have the Peace Arch on them to honor our relationship with our racing friends north of the border.

There's no change to race fees. This is the club's special effort to show appreciation for all the support we get.

See you Saturday!
Old 11-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Guess I'll venture down to see you guys
Old 11-27-2016, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Car is coming along nicely, kit was missing a body and I still need to order a few things today to be race ready. Hopefully everything shows up in time for Saturday's race

Old 11-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
Car is coming along nicely, kit was missing a body and I still need to order a few things today to be race ready. Hopefully everything shows up in time for Saturday's race

I have lots of f1 stuff in stock and will be coming down south for the race
Let me know if you need anything, https://gripworksrc.com/collections/formula-1
Old 11-27-2016, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The Can-Am Challenge is indeed this coming Saturday, December 3. We will race our normal Saturday schedule: doors open at 4 for the track build, practice to follow, Q1 at 6.

We will have our special shot glass prizes for 1st-3rd, for all of our race classes including Novice.

The shot glasses are cool; they have the Peace Arch on them to honor our relationship with our racing friends north of the border.

There's no change to race fees. This is the club's special effort to show appreciation for all the support we get.

See you Saturday!
Can't wait 😀😀😀
It's been too long.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default VICTORIA race

When is the VICTORIA race
Old 11-28-2016, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Donny Banks
When is the VICTORIA race
Jan 6-8

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.