Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sixgears
Does RRP even have a 48 or 49 in their Pro line?

I have 40-47 and 50 and would like to fill that gap.
The problem with the Robinson pinions is once they get to 47 tooth, they start skipping a couple teeth.

they have 50, 53, 56, 58, 60 and 62....

I agree with Mike about the PRS pinions. They are very nice.

Last edited by Maybell; 11-16-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Maybell
Well, the new Orca 1s will be coming soon....as well as the new LRP....I would be willing to bet they will be at least as good as the Black Diamond but selling for $200...

Im going to wait...
Originally Posted by Maybell
I would estimate a month or 2 for the LRP....Not sure about the Orca, but Keith said something about January...
so what your saying is, those that just bought a orca last week when you posted you had ,them in stock, will get to buy the new and improved model in jan. I say we protest the orca esc and not buy them until they orca agrees not to release another esc for at least 14 months.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
so what your saying is, those that just bought a orca last week when you posted you had ,them in stock, will get to buy the new and improved model in jan. I say we protest the orca esc and not buy them until they orca agrees not to release another esc for at least 14 months.
HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHA!!!!! !!

The Orca speedos we have been selling are TC speedos....

I was talking about the 1s speed control they are working on...
Old 11-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

lol
Old 11-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpEEdyBL
Has anyone considered the Castle-Creations Mamba Max Pro esc? I currently use one in my T2R, but I am a touring newb, so I have nothing to show in terms of lap times yet. I just find it strange that it hasn't even been mentioned on this thread.

Anyhow, the specs are...

-Sensored/sensorless
-C.H.E.A.T mode allows you to select the rpm range at which dynamic timing advance of the sensors kick in and you can select the timing advance from 0 to 50 degrees.
-Adjustable bec from 4-7.2 volts in .1volt increments.
-Up to 6s lipo capable. Should be able to handle 1s due to the switching bec (all other escs have linear bec which is why they are limited to 2s or 2-3s lipo).
-Programable via PC

Best of all, its dirt cheap. $128 at Tower and that's not even with a discount coupon.

Seriously, MM uses a mode on their speedo and they use the abbreviations C.H.E.A.T. for it. That's pretty darn good

Steve
Old 11-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
I'm going to let the dust settle on this ESC before hopping on any type of bandwagon. If it does contain some ground breaking hardware then you will see the results at the Indoor Champs as well as at the Snowbirds with the mains dominated by this speedo. If not then the guys with the programmable speedos will figure out the software issue and in a few months it will have seemed kinda silly to spend $350 on a speedo. My personal guess is that if you crack open this speedo you will find some tiny ball bearings helping give it the extra speed. It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now I'm off to prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads.
FUNNY STUFF right there!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
... My personal guess is that if you crack open this speedo you will find some tiny ball bearings helping give it the extra speed. It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now I'm off to prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads.
Nice going Fletch !
Old 11-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

It's been a little over a year and I'm looking to scratch a little 'carpet-itch' that I've been dealing with. So what's new in the 1/12th-dimension. For a radio I'm lookin' at that KO Propo EX-5 UR.......what about speedos and lipos?

Old 11-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayBee
It's been a little over a year and I'm looking to scratch a little 'carpet-itch' that I've been dealing with. So what's new in the 1/12th-dimension. For a radio I'm lookin' at that KO Propo EX-5 UR.......what about speedos and lipos?

For a 1s lipo, look at the Thunderpower 5000 40c and the Reedy 4600 40c....

You cant go wrong with the CRC car or the new AE car....the Slappys are always good to!

Nice to see you on here JAYBEE!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Jaybee,

Come on down to the Hangar. Do you need some 1/12th equipment?

Steve
Old 11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The Gen-XL works very well but if I had to do it over again I would probably go with the r5.1 it looks to be just as good with lower maintenance. Thunder power batteries seem to be the most popular with the new SMC, AE, & Trinity packs looking good too. The Black Diamond speedo from CRC proved itself far better than the others at Vegas and is just now being released.

Mark
Old 11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default No problem

Originally Posted by skypilot
sorry grant, I meant no disrespect, jake was correct, IMO you fit in the middle of both of my statements, new, learning, improving, family, fun, now add in looking forward to being a front runner. it sounds like what you aching for is the ole tamiya gt3 spec class, where everything from chassis, motor, tires, body were spec'd, but also was one of the most competitive classes.

I understand. Probably my bad. Was having a bad Seahawks day. And your right, I do miss that class. Altho my Xray wouldn't fit the bill. . My problem now is my equipment surpasses my current skill. I must grow into it. Really wish we had a place to practice. I really do appreciate your help.

Grant
Old 11-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for all the replies guys
Steve- I still have my freshly-built BMI 1/12th that I put together back in Jan.; but thanks buddy. Since I'm planning a VERY part-time comeback, I'm just looking to work off the rust, hang out with the fellas and have some fun, lol. I'm sure with a few 'racedays' under my belt, I should be able to whoop the likes of Tossed Salad....oops, I meant Mr. Hangar30 himself (j/k Todd)
We'll see how it goes.......
Old 11-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

JEROME!!

I was just askin' some folks about ya at TZ last week...said you hadn't been seen in some time. Sorry to have missed you.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for all the replies guys
Steve- I still have my freshly-built BMI 1/12th that I put together back in Jan.; but thanks buddy. Since I'm planning a VERY part-time comeback, I'm just looking to work off the rust, hang out with the fellas and have some fun, lol. I'm sure with a few 'racedays' under my belt, I should be able to whoop the likes of Tossed Salad....oops, I meant Mr. Hangar30 himself (j/k Todd)
We'll see how it goes.......
I thought I felt a tremor in the Force. You come out JayBee. It's been too long and I have a nice pack of hoagies with your ass printed right on the outside...it says roast both sides and serve with au jus!

Ah, good times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.