Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
next question, who might have some spec foams I can bolt on Wednesday night?
Cold dead hands dude...
Old 10-10-2016, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hey any of you Yahoo's looking for a new, never run sedan. I have an ARC R11 for sale. 350.00 locally for 370.00 shipped. It has some extra goodies on it. Gotta sell it for my new hotness.

Steve

Old 10-11-2016, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Hey any of you Yahoo's looking for a new, never run sedan. I have an ARC R11 for sale. 350.00 locally for 370.00 shipped. It has some extra goodies on it. Gotta sell it for my new hotness.

Steve

Steve, I would be interested..

Mike

PM me..
Old 10-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
next question, who might have some spec foams I can bolt on Wednesday night?
Did you get this sorted or still in need? I can toss in another set of cut tires if your desperate. I'll check in the AM....
Old 10-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Korey is bringing some cut tires for me, thanks

I threw together a car with what I had lying around, still have a proper motor battery and body on the way. Thought it would be fun to run a 1/12th scale again
Old 10-12-2016, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

RACE DAY
Old 10-12-2016, 07:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Loaded and ready to roll!
Old 10-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

From Todd

"That said…it takes a toll to be on a hellbent charge from 4 to midnight with less than 10 minutes between rounds. It leaves no time to relax at race central, and for those racing two classes and corner marshaling, it cuts into bench time as well. "

Man it was a lot of fun and a big rush. I was happy to be able to finish 10 / 12 races. I also was able to finish my 1st TC main event. I have run this class three other times now, once outside, and by the main my ARC is dead. I was so very happy to finish. Moving down from a 4.5 to a 7.5 allowed this to happen, and i also moved to 48 pitch gears to fix my stripping problems.

The rest of the 2016 / 2017 season will be amazing.

I ran three classes, and tried to help two other cars stay race ready all night (Many thanks to Mckenna for being such an amazing pit crew, Team Lence could not have completed the night without her help). 1/12th MOD (6.5) even though I was lapped 5 or 6 times was really a blast. I am going to be making this class the focus of my racing program the rest of the year.

Max and I are booked tonight, and I am taking my wife to the UW game on the 22nd. So we will be MIA for a bit.

Out next focus is to get ready for the BigChill which will be our very 1st major carpet race.

It has been amazing getting to know all of you, very excited to get a little better each timeout. Only 6 laps to go, lol

--Lence
Old 10-13-2016, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Holy 1/12th scale !

Stock 1/12th ran strong last night. If anyone is craving a quick hit of high quality pan car time, Wednesday nights at H30 are a superb option.

We have a tire truer on hand if you need one. We broke it out last night and got George dialed in lickity-split.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Last night was really fun. One of the best hangar races I've experienced to date!
Old 10-13-2016, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

For sure, Wed night was awesome. I was feeling pretty wore out from IIC and this little intense Wed program was the pick up I needed. And the Pan guys brought it last night, wow. Thanks for showing up! George was a pleasure to race with as he sorts his maiden voyage VBC. Ken had a bit of a tough go with the motor moving forward more then his results. Mat dusted off a 3yr old Asc only to find it still packed ear to ear grinning entertainment. And what can not be said about young Stuart? We said it before; our days are numbered before this young man takes over and we'll be cupping our hands on the glass looking in. He's got the magic and just one more notch on the consistency belt, then it's lights out. I envy his position.

Great battle in SS too! With Gary trying to chase down Rob in the closing minutes, darting and weaving through traffic. It was Rob's to defend, Gary to pounce but time is always cruel expiring just too soon.

Like Kyle said, check the website for the next Hangar race slated for Nov 22, that is on a Tuesday!!! Kyle has some promotional shenanigans planed.

bb
Old 10-13-2016, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

That was a blast, that track is awesome for stock 12th.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Racing at the Hanger was a blast and now my mind is consumed with RC again. After having a month or so off I kind of fell out of the groove and that's exactly what I needed to get the old RC brain rolling again. It was great to see everyone and I cant wait for the next race.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 2 Results

Do any of you remember a time when you knew there was something you were supposed to do, but just couldn’t remember what it was? Well, me neither, because I completely forgot that I needed to post a race report and the results from last Wednesday. Squirrel! I blame the (freaking delicious) bacon cheesy fries. Sorry about that.

Novice was a thing of beauty with 4 strong racers mixing it up. Adam Raabe TQ’ed with Daniel Wageman lining up #2 and Matt Blair 3rd. Adam found major trouble on the second lap, allowing Daniel and Matt to move up a spot each. A little past halfway, Matt was able to get past Daniel to take the lead and drive it to the finish. Final results: Gary Bennett 4th, Adam 3rd, Daniel 2nd and Matt taking the win.

Stock 1/12 saw the most pan cars I’ve ever seen in a heat at Hangar 30 – 7 cars in all. Bodine TQ’ed, Stuart 2nd, Todd lined up 3rd on the grid. A slow first couple of laps form Brian were all that Stuart needed to seize the opportunity and the lead for a few laps, until Stuart Tapped out and dropped back to 3rd. After that, Bodine lit the afterburner and tried to keep his distance from the hard-charging Masons. Stuart kept it clean, drove hard, and was able to reel-in Todd by the halfway mark. Them that point on, the top three held their positions to the finish. Finishing order included the usual 1-2-3 form Brian, Stuart and Todd, but honorable mention has to go to George Stricken for a fantastic drive and Matt Adkison for blowing off the dust bunnies and making a strong showing with his 12th scaler.

Stock Touring was the typical tour de force form Mike Boyle, but the highlight of the night was the performance of Andrew Kaltsouis. Andrew and his dad have continuously working on their race program since last season, and the results speak for themselves. Andrew was on Mike’s tail many throughout the night, demonstrating that he’s not too far from running with and legitimately challenging the big dogs. Final results: Jeff Johnson 3rd, Andrew 2nd, Mime 1st.

Scale Spec saw Franko Roberts pull his trademark FQ, or Franko Qualifier. For those of you unfamiliar with the maneuver, it involves laying down a blazing qualifying effort to take TQ, then heading home to get your beauty sleep before the main. In the A, Chris Perry put it on the nose, followed by Rob Swan and Jim Glasgow. The top three ran in the order they started for the first couple of minutes, until a crash and mechanical issue forced Jim to retire his car. Gary Lewis seized the opportunity and took 3rd as soon as Jim’s car faltered, effectively locking the running order for the top three to the tone. When the 6 minutes were up, Chris finished first, 6 seconds ahead of Rob, who in town finished 6 seconds ahead of Gary in 3rd.

We’re on a bit of an extended hiatus at Hangar 30, so please be sure to hit the Community Center to get your fix until we return on Tuesday, November 22nd. Please note the unusual day and add it to your calendars. Also, please note that we will be running a special on registration that night: Register one car at the regular price, run a second car for $5. So bring the usual Scale Spec or Stock Touring cars and dust off your F1 or 1/12 car for a measly 5 bucks. See you there!

Results are posted below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (34.1 KB, 37 views)
Round2.txt (35.5 KB, 45 views)
Round3.txt (31.2 KB, 85 views)
Old 10-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

4:00 0r 5:00?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.