Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

new page....
Old 11-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I really don't look at this as a hobby. Its racing. I have been around racing all my life and speed costs money. I have seen things happen in full size racing where it goes from affordable to double the cost to get that little extra bit of speed. People who want to go fast will pay the price there is no way around it. This is not a matter of skill its who will fork out the money to get the next best thing to gain a advantage. In the racers mind there is nothing wrong with this. There is no real difference between rc cars or full size racing except the size. So trying to make something illegal because you don't think its affordable is not right.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
...The whole point of racing is to be good correct? If you need an electronic advantage to win, that technicaly speaking is cheating is it not? Like the electronic equavalent of steroids in sports. Quess I dont see why it is such an issue. Keep all the cars the same and learn to drive. Damn...:

Its a little late trying to "keep all the cars the same". Consider just in a stock class all the combinations of different speed controls, motors, batteries, tires, tire prep, gearing, cooling,...ect. Literally thousands of possible combinations. Suppressing superior technology will only get as many or more people upset as allowing it. It's just part of the sport. If a superior design speed control gives an advantage, the "other guys version" at $50.00 cheaper that runs cooler and is more reliable is right around the corner. That is the price you pay to jump on the early bandwagon. Plus the bugs that get worked out will come at the early birds cost.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DaredevilD
This is not a matter of skill its who will fork out the money to get the next best thing to gain a advantage. In the racers mind there is nothing wrong with this. There is no real difference between rc cars or full size racing except the size.
The top racers, for the most part have the latest competitive equipment and the top skills to go with it and that is why they are the racers to aim for. All the top equipment does is make it possible to stay competitive with similar skilled racers, that have the top equipment. Less skilled racers are not going to beat a Paul L. even with him driving a car with less hp but if we drove the same hp car that he did we would just be more laps down. An advantage has its limitations. Skill is another part of the equation.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jtveten
The top racers, for the most part have the latest competitive equipment and the top skills to go with it and that is why they are the racers to aim for. All the top equipment does is make it possible to stay competitive with similar skilled racers, that have the top equipment. Less skilled racers are not going to beat a Paul L. even with him driving a car with less hp but if we drove the same hp car that he did we would just be more laps down. An advantage has its limitations. Skill is another part of the equation.
I guess I didn't explain myself well enough.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For those whom have steered clear of 1.18th because of not having the same features as 1.10th.

Look no more (Im looking at you Lyn/Sal

http://www.microcute.com/uk/web-page/
Old 11-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can someone recommend a simple setup plate that is rigid, FLAT and cheap? Does not need any markings, but needs to be large enough for a sedan camber gauge use.

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default No offense intended

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I really don't think Ritchie's message was pointed at you or your family. It was just a "one end of the spectrum" examples used to explain his definition of this "hobby".
For the record I was not roundmouthing or anything. . I think the way it was worded kinda seemed a little condensending. Almost felt like an adult being sent to the kids table. I am by no means upset. Everyone at the track is great and we look forward to each and everytime we are there.

Grant
Old 11-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sixgears
Can someone recommend a simple setup plate that is rigid, FLAT and cheap? Does not need any markings, but needs to be large enough for a sedan camber gauge use.
Check at an art supply store (or the like) for a drawing board like these:

http://www.misterart.com/g1100/Disco...wing-Board.htm

I've got an 18 X 24 one of these that is at least 30 years old (got it when I was in high school) and it's still flat as can be when checked with a straightedge.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
I respect most everything you say Ritchie. You seem to be level headed and bring valid points to the table and not just pointless arguments. That being said, that last statment is kinda rude. Just because we enjoy hanging out with family and friengs doesn't mean we don't want to be competative. We enjoy the competition as much as the social aspect with family and track friends. The whole point of racing is to be good correct? If you need an electronic advantage to win, that technicaly speaking is cheating is it not? Like the electronic equavalent of steroids in sports. Quess I dont see why it is such an issue. Keep all the cars the same and learn to drive. Damn

Sorry for the diatribe but I feel kinda offended.
sorry grant, I meant no disrespect, jake was correct, IMO you fit in the middle of both of my statements, new, learning, improving, family, fun, now add in looking forward to being a front runner. it sounds like what you aching for is the ole tamiya gt3 spec class, where everything from chassis, motor, tires, body were spec'd, but also was one of the most competitive classes.

however its more then just electronic advantage we seek, we buy a xray 09, only to sell it when the 10 comes out, I had two perfectly good Mi3's but sold one to get the Mi4 because its better, I had a sphere esc, but had to upgrade to a sphere comp, and then a sphere comp TC, then the spx, unless i chose to run mod and stock then i would need the spx and sxx, but now tekin has a programmable esc with turbo, so now I need that, dang, kody's kicking ass with the orca, so now I need one of those. in the very competitive 17.5 class the top to qualifiers ran orca's #3 ran a Speedpassion, i won one of the mains with Speedpassion esc, but the hype is on the orca, and tekin, so no one is out to by a SP even though its cheaper.

like i said before, its not the quest for the latest and greatest thats the problem, its how much your willing to spend and how soon after spending it that the next hot item hits the shelf.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

is there new carpet smell in the air??? when we puting it down?

and as far as the speed control thing goes... its to damn expensive, but i highly doubt having one would improve my chances of keeping up with the likes of Cody, Corey, Canyon.. ect ect ect..

if you gots the skills but the only thing keeping ya out of the A-main is a speed control, then you might wanna consider the purchace..

just my 2 cents.....
Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Talking Holiday Race Schedule

Hey Guys,

Booking flights to head out to Vancouver to visit the folks over Christmas, was wondering what your guys schedule is going to be over the holidays?

Heard lots of good things about this club and can't wait to check it out!

Tom Weston
Calgary Alberta
Old 11-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T.Weston
Hey Guys,

Booking flights to head out to Vancouver to visit the folks over Christmas, was wondering what your guys schedule is going to be over the holidays?

Heard lots of good things about this club and can't wait to check it out!

Tom Weston
Calgary Alberta
December 19 (Saturday) - Advent Indoor

December 23 club race

December 30 club race
Old 11-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Eric, the Advanced speedo is currently only a 1S esc. So touring guys can take a breath, you are safe for now.

I see that no one has brought up the fact the $350 is less then a $200 ecs + laptop.

Mark, just stop. Let's face it, you hate to loose. That's why you have one coming. I don't know anyone else that has ordered one, so who are you keeping up with?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

BLANKNESS FOR DULLARDS

Last edited by Victor Vector; 11-16-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.