Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone looking for some more carpet action feel free to come join us north of the boarder at overgeared racing in Richmond British Columbia, we have races scheduled for the next 3 weeks in a row
Old 04-12-2016, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30 Round 12 and Final Results

Now that the rugs are rolled-up and tucked away for the summer, the words of late great Dave Niehaus are ringing in my ears: “My, oh my!” What a finish, what a season. Wheels banged other wheels, wheels banging doors and even wheels banging the occasional roof (I owe Jeff Johnson an apology for that one), records dropped like flies, and the season points trophies were handed out. I know I sound like a broken record, but thank you once again to all the racers who have supported the Hangar 30 Wednesday night program over the past three years. We are locked and loaded for next season, and we hope to see even more of you next year.

Novice was the strongest it has been in years, with new racers at 11 of 12 races this season. We even had two nights with 8 entries, so clearly the new blood is flowing, and indications are that we will see at least a couple new racers originating from our program, specifically because we offered free loaner cars. Speaking of loaners, we need someone to volunteer to repair and maintain our three cars, is there anyone willing to help? We have all the parts, so if someone is willing/able to take this on, please PM me and I’ll arrange to get the cars to you. Now, on to the action of the night……We had a three-way mismatch between Chris Iverson in a H30 loaner car, Daniel Wageman running Scale Spec trim, and Kyle Newell in a full-blown Stock Touring car. Kyle took TQ, Daniel in the 2 spot, Chris 3rd. The main showed the progress these drivers have made over the season, with each clipping off clean laps with minimal mistakes and finishing in the order they started. Consistency wins races, and these racers are showing they have what it takes to make the move up next season and mix it up with the big dogs.

Stock Touring was owned from start to finish by Jake Danilchik, who decided to take advantage of the increased ambient temps to unseat Kody Knudtson from the track record throne. Q1 saw Jake on record pace until a tap on lap 8 cost him time. Two laps later, Jake rallied with what has now become with quickest single lap of a (spec-legal) rubber tire car in the Hanger that season: 9.553 seconds, 0.023 quicker than Kody’s record two weeks earlier. Jake’s Q2 pace was better overall, but his 37/6:03.342 could not quite topple the 37/6:02.579 laid down by Kody in the previous race. It appears Jake and Panda have some unsettled business to set the stage for next season…..sweet. Prior to the Mains, Jake informed me his car was not going to pass tech as he was testing a new ultralight battery. This is important because the 9.381 fast lap (holy schnikeys!) will not be entered into the record books, but is unofficially the fastest lap turned by any car in Hangar 30. We will be presenting Jake with his honorary prize of a pillow case sized bag of Reese’s Pieces in honor of his achievement. The Mains finished with Jake 1st (then DQ’ed due to his anorexic battery), Bill Swadener 2nd and Mike Boyle 3rd. We also handed out cups for the points series this week, with Mike Boyle taking home the top prize, Bill Swadener 2nd and Ryan Lence 3rd.

I’m going out on a limb here and saying Brian Bodine may be regretting his trip to Hawaii and skipping the final race of the year. Earlier in the season, Brian had suffered the indignation of losing his track record to Stuart before snatching it back at the last race with a dominant 48/8:09.476. Never one to let sleeping dogs lie, the Masons had other plans for Brian’s H30 records. In Q1, Stuart beat Brian’s time by 0.7s and Todd beat it by 0.9s with at 48/8:08.385. With nothing to lose, Todd threw everything he had at Q2, reaping huge rewards with a ballistic 48/8:04.159. Dude, Brian, that disturbance in the force you sensed from the beach around 7:53pm HST on Wednesday was caused by Todd Mason slashing your track record by over half a lap, 5.317 seconds to be exact. Ouch, I think Todd owes you a hug after that. It’s also worth noting that Start was on-form all night, coming within a couple hundredths of the fast lap record on two occasions. There was also a main, which was more of a father-son scrimmage with a rolling chicane in the middle (my car), with Stuart besting Todd at the bell by 5 seconds. In the points totals, Brian had the last laugh, taking top honors, Todd 2nd, Stuart 3rd. Perhaps that cup can catch his tears after having his track record busted three times in one night. <oh snap! That one was a little below the belt, wasn’t it?>

Scale Spec, as it has all season, delivered the good in terms of door to door action, bumping, and even the occasional rally. Gary Lewis made the drive south to challenge Chris Perry for supremacy in Hangar 30. Chris was in great form all night, knocking on the door of the 33 lap club and keeping Gary at arm’s length. In the main, Chris lined up first, Gary 2nd and a resurgent Adam Shelton 3rd. As is often the case in this class, the first lap was eventful, with Jerry Boyle taking full advantage by driving from 8th to 5th. Chris took off like a scalded cat, leading the first 16 laps with relentless precision until a calamitous 19 second lap (since I was racing I didn’t see what caused it) opened the door for Gary to take the lead. With it all to do, Chris took a deep breath and set to work on Gary’s lead. Lap after lap, Chris reeled Gary in with a tenth here and a tenth there, meanwhile Gary set about turning his best laps of the night until a cruel tap on lap 30 allowed Chris to slip past and hold him off for the win by 1.029 seconds. A great battle by two fantastic racers, meanwhile I found a way to the back of the pack twice and ultimately drove back to a satisfying 3rd place. In the season points, Jerry Boyle claimed his first RC-related trophy with 3rd, Chris 2nd and I lucked-in to 1st prize.

So there you have it…..an awesome end to an awesome season. “My, oh my” indeed. Results, final track records, and points results are posted below. See you at SeaTac this summer and at the Hanger this fall!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (34.4 KB, 46 views)
Round2.txt (35.2 KB, 39 views)
Round3.txt (27.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: pdf
H30 Track Records.pdf (31.1 KB, 87 views)
Old 04-13-2016, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2016 Club Service Award

The Seattle RC Racers has been a club blessed over time with high quality men who invest their time and energy in our program to keep it strong. We recognize exceptional club members every year with our service award, the highest honor we bestow, on or off the track.

This year, we recognize two men who have shown exceptional generosity of energy and time on race nights: they reliably attend on both Saturdays and Wednesdays, they build first, play fair, and tear down last. They show great good humor always, and they are good company in the paddock. They also made a major effort on our drivers stand build, and in the years to come, you can thank them, literally, for the roof over our heads.

They are life long friends, and we thank both of them for their service.

Jeff Johnson and Tim Cook, thank you for all that you do for the club, it is a privilege to count you as Seattle RC Racers.
Attached Files
2016 Club Service Award JJ.pdf (88.4 KB, 65 views)
2016 Club Service Award TC.pdf (85.1 KB, 64 views)
Old 04-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Jeff Johnson and Tim Cook, thank you for all that you do for the club, it is a privilege to count you as Seattle RC Racers.
Three cheers to the brothers from other mothers, Tim and Jeff! You guys are freaking awesome, and I'm proud to trade paint, lexan and the occasional insult with you fellas. Thanks for all you do - you are great racers and representatives of our kick-ass club!

Last edited by bradshawkyle; 04-13-2016 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Whiskey + fast typing = bad speling
Old 04-13-2016, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thank you for another great season!

I'd like to thank everyone who raced with us in 2015 and 2016 for the wonderful indoor racing season. There were many fierce battles on track, and countless hilarious moments in the pits.

We continue to draw new racers, both returning veterans from past programs, brand new young racers putting cars on the track for the first time, and many not so young racers turning their first wheels in competition. This is a sign of our good health as a club, and it promises a robust future.

The Seattle RC Racers will return to indoor racing in the Fall with a full schedule of Saturday night and Wednesday night races. I'm putting together the schedule over the next couple weeks, so look for it early May.

In the meantime, we have an outdoor onroad track to build!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

In the meantime, we have an outdoor onroad track to build!
Old 04-18-2016, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default MHIC

A quick report on our boys who went to Denver: Jake, Brian, and Korey flew the club flag high and proud, with excellent results across the board.

I know there was skepticism when I touted Korey as a legitimate challenger to Keven Hebert after his race in Victoria, but check out this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf9u...be&app=desktop

That's Korey, taking the fight to Kev! What a great race! And to think you can race with Korey on any old club night at the gym He also made the show in touring car, proving he's our best all-rounder at this time.

Jake was solid in Mod and 13.5 touring, and especially cool was his 5th place result in Mod. Mod is his first choice class always, and Denver is a race where we've all struggled in the past, so to see him come good is very gratifying.

Brian was sturdy in all three 1/12th classes, taking B Main wins in both stock classes and driving a clean race in Mod.

Well done, boys! You made us proud
Old 04-19-2016, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

man that 12 video was exhilarating to watch.

great job guys!
Old 04-20-2016, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Damn! That was one of the best 12th scale races I have ever watched holy ST!!!! Korey your the man, you may have finished 2nd but everybody who witnessed that race and Frenchie know that you were the fastest driver with the best car, job well done my man! Way to represent the Northwest and way to show everybody your ultimate capabilities and skill, which is second to none. I agree with Todd all the way, you for sure get my nod as best overall RC Racer in the Northwest and are building a strong case for one of the best in the Country! Tony Robbins who, watching that Boss display of talent is as motivational as it gets
Old 04-23-2016, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

A quick report on our boys who went to Denver: Jake, Brian, and Korey flew the club flag high and proud, with excellent results across the board.

I know there was skepticism when I touted Korey as a legitimate challenger to Keven Hebert after his race in Victoria, but check out this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf9u...be&app=desktop

That's Korey, taking the fight to Kev! What a great race! And to think you can race with Korey on any old club night at the gym He also made the show in touring car, proving he's our best all-rounder at this time.

Jake was solid in Mod and 13.5 touring, and especially cool was his 5th place result in Mod. Mod is his first choice class always, and Denver is a race where we've all struggled in the past, so to see him come good is very gratifying.

Brian was sturdy in all three 1/12th classes, taking B Main wins in both stock classes and driving a clean race in Mod.

Well done, boys! You made us proud
Man that race makes me want to be a 1/12th mod racer when I grow up.

Korey amazing, really amazing.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2016/2017 Magnuson Park Dates

2016/2017 Magnuson Park Carpet Onroad Dates
Saturdays at the Community Center, Wednesdays at Hangar 30

That's 22 race dates!

Sat 24 Sep
Wed 28 Sep
Sat 8 Oct
Wed 12 Oct
Sat 22 Oct
Sat 19 Nov
Sat 3 Dec
Wed 14 Dec
Sat 17 Dec Track Build
Wed 28 Dec
Wed 11 Jan
Sat 14 Jan
Wed 25 Jan
Sat 28 Jan
Wed 8 Feb
Sat 11 Feb
Wed 22 Feb
Sat 25 Feb
Wed 8 Mar
Sat 11 Mar
Wed 22 Mar
Sat 25 Mar Emerald City Classic

Old 06-14-2016, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Now that Novak has closed the doors, is there a possibility of running a better 25.5 or a roar approved 25.5 for scale spec?
Old 06-14-2016, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Possible motor change in scale spec

Originally Posted by jwg191
Now that Novak has closed the doors, is there a possibility of running a better 25.5 or a roar approved 25.5 for scale spec?
I am sure that will be a topic of conversation coming up shortly.

-a
Old 06-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldrcr
I am sure that will be a topic of conversation coming up shortly.

-a
Rev Limiter?
Old 06-14-2016, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcHammer
Rev Limiter?
Beer helmets?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.