Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The FW bus was sold to a guy from Concrete, WA. I'm not sure what his plans for it are. But Mike and YBD were very generous and donated the sprayer, PA, heavy extension cords, and some other hardware to the Seattle RC Racers to use at our new track in Seatac.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default M11X for Sale

Hi all,

I got a new transmitter for my birthday, so I'm hoping to sell my M11X. I'm posting it here because I'd like to sell it in person. It includes 1 receiver, 2 Sanwa Ni-MH battery packs (one installed, one extra), and two trickle chargers.

This radio sells for around $200 on eBay, asking $150.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Racing Tonight

What time are we starting tonight?

Is it 6 or 7

thx
Old 02-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lence
What time are we starting tonight?

Is it 6 or 7

thx
Club Race
Saturday, February 6
Magnuson Community Center
5pm Track Build
6pm Practice
7pm Q1
Old 02-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Feb 6 CC Race Report

A vintage evening of racing at the Magnuson Community Center: 60 entries strong, 10 heats, and competitive fields across the board. We had a nice smooth build with plenty of hands pitching in, and the racers enjoyed a nearly 90 minutes of open track to practice and tune before racing began.

It kicked off with the season-long rivalry between Dick and Donny resuming with nary a breath or pause. I pressed “go,” and the battle began. Donny would prevail in qualifying with Dick in the 2-spot a clutch of seconds in arrears. But, come the main, Dick nursed a little more speed out of his horse and got past when Donny’s mount stumbled on some grip and dots. From there, Dick withstood Donny’s pressure to take a worthy win on a hard-charging night for both of these veterans. With regionals and the ECC looming on the calendar, I think we’re being set up for a real showdown. One wonders if a wild card like John Tsang or Jacob will return on good form to scramble the affair? Or maybe Justin Gilkison, who took a nice third only two apexes back, will break through? Wait and see!

Stock 1/12th showed life with more racers on hand, but the front end was a fight between Bodine and me. As has been the case, Brian seems always ready for qualifying, while my night builds. I was trying a couple things looking for zip out of my power package, but I migrated back to my typical settings and was able to mount a challenge in the main. I slipped past Brian in the early laps and held the lead for five minutes and change before a tangle in traffic cost me my lead. I should have been more careful, and even might have risked handing the lead to Brian if only to make it safely through. My car was good and I could have maybe had a run at him. As it was, I gave up a third of a lap and could not recover. TQ and win to the wily Slapmaster.

Novice was dominated by Craig, who was missing his AWOL nemesis Jack. Nevertheless, Craig’s speed is plain to see and it won’t be long before he is campaigning his ride in Scale Spec. Daniel also continues to improve, and Dominic Lee made a return after many years away. He was even sporting a TC3 with round cells and a 27t motor--the horse drawn wagon, buckskins, and musket completed the picture.

Modified Touring was locked down by Kody as he brought his maximum game to the gym for the evening. Perhaps he was sore because I did not call out his 10s in the main after having noted those of others during qualifying. As if I or anyone harbors doubt he can drop them at will if need arises. But to the contrary, what I did call out was his grinding consistency. When others would throw out the fast lap only to stumble a few later and surrender whole seconds for their trouble, Kody clicked off low 11s, one after another, with nary a mistake. Jake brought pressure, it’s true, and true to his Russian Concussion habits, he did throw out a 10, but fast lap is not fastest overall; that was Kody, and a new track record came with it. In the main, Kody went bye-bye, leaving Jake, Andrew, and Korey to settle the 2-3 battle between them. After swaps, Korey came second, Jake third.

Formula 1 showed a full 10 cars in its heat. Mark Brown set the TQ with a fine, controlled drive in both heats. He was not present for the main, however, so it was Albert Rosales who took the win with a thank you very much. Attrition in the main was rugged, with only four cars finishing. These open wheel beasts ae hard to handle, and the 21.5 power is more than ample to exceed the limits of the chassis. An easy finger and patience in traffic are always called for.

Stock Touring was again a Donny and Dick battle, though not so close as the Scale Spec dust-up. Donny is sporting a new ride in Stock TC, and apparently it suits him. He TQ’d with Dick in second, but then he held off everyone from tone to tone in the main. Dick committed an unforced error early in the race, tumbled to 4th, and then battled back to 2nd.

Modified 1/12th was another good night for Bodine, as he took the TQ and win in the main. The four of us were within 2 laps in qualifying, and even closer in the main, so it was a good night to keep things buttoned up, whether at the front of the field (Brian) or the back (me.) Stuart and Shook had a nice fight for 2-3 in qualifying and the main. But it doesn’t require a lot of imagination to see that Stuart and Mod 1/12th go nicely together, and more will surely follow.

Hangar 30 this Wednesday! Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (72.3 KB, 62 views)
Round2.txt (69.0 KB, 85 views)
Round3.txt (50.3 KB, 94 views)
Old 02-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Videos of February 6th 2016 club race ~ Presented by The Seattle RC Racers

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1OOZjRTeUXu9N-

Last edited by Magnet Top; 02-07-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default Broken CARS

Ah, yes what fun, on-road racing has been. I am doing my best to get several of my family members addicted. It was great to have both Max and McKenna with me on Saturday.

On my loaner / KIDS ARC R10 which is a scale spec now, the front chassis has broken three times now. I fixed it once with bigger screws, washers, and super glue.

I fixed it another time with epoxy.

I think it is finally down for the count now, so I will be moving the graphite chassis from my ARC R10, and giving myself an upgrade to a Kody special.

The part of the chassis that keeps breaking is the screws under the front bumper come-up, and split the front of the chassis.

A fellow racer also had the same issue on an ARC R10 on the same night as well.

It was noted that you can buy a brace for the fount of the car to prevent this kind of an issue.

Does anyone know what the part number is?
Old 02-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lence
Ah, yes what fun, on-road racing has been. I am doing my best to get several of my family members addicted. It was great to have both Max and McKenna with me on Saturday.

On my loaner / KIDS ARC R10 which is a scale spec now, the front chassis has broken three times now. I fixed it once with bigger screws, washers, and super glue.

I fixed it another time with epoxy.

I think it is finally down for the count now, so I will be moving the graphite chassis from my ARC R10, and giving myself an upgrade to a Kody special.

The part of the chassis that keeps breaking is the screws under the front bumper come-up, and split the front of the chassis.

A fellow racer also had the same issue on an ARC R10 on the same night as well.

It was noted that you can buy a brace for the fount of the car to prevent this kind of an issue.

Does anyone know what the part number is?
http://hobby-square.com/arc-r10-bumper-towers/

That and throw some CA glue on the front edge of the chassis and front 3 screw holes before assembling. Doesn't prevent it from happening, but helps it a bit. The bumper towers just keep the bumper from folding up on the bulkhead on big hits. When it folds, it puts some pretty massive pressure on the screw holes.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Lence,

The bumper tower braces can help but find it can also do more damage at times too.

On most cars we only run 2 screws but there threaded into plastic. In hard impacts the screws will strip out and save your chassis. This has been a common practice for years but maybe not talked about enough.

What I would recommend is getting some nylon nuts to go into the ARC lower bumper and run 2 screws. Stock up on nuts and let them strip out.

I'm positive this will work for the ARC car and work well.

Kody
Old 02-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'll make some nuts and tap them for you so the threads are little weaker. If your coming over for Wednesday I'll make sure to prep them for you.

K
Old 02-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Just to add to Kody's comments, on my WGT there is a bumper plate that bolts to the main chassis deck with two screws. I ALWAYS use aluminum screws there. I've sheared them off 3-4 times over the years, but the carbon is still A-OK. The screw breaks right off, which usually costs me a 0.75c body post but not a $50 carbon chassis plate.

Use aluminum screws where it's okay if they break and it saves a more expensive part.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Just to add to Kody's comments, on my WGT there is a bumper plate that bolts to the main chassis deck with two screws. I ALWAYS use aluminum screws there. I've sheared them off 3-4 times over the years, but the carbon is still A-OK. The screw breaks right off, which usually costs me a 0.75c body post but not a $50 carbon chassis plate.

Use aluminum screws where it's okay if they break and it saves a more expensive part.
This! I hit a car last year full tilt and head on. Aluminum screws holding the bumper sheered but the chassis was fine on my AE. Really sucks to hear though
Old 02-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kody
Hey Lence,

The bumper tower braces can help but find it can also do more damage at times too.

On most cars we only run 2 screws but there threaded into plastic. In hard impacts the screws will strip out and save your chassis. This has been a common practice for years but maybe not talked about enough.

What I would recommend is getting some nylon nuts to go into the ARC lower bumper and run 2 screws. Stock up on nuts and let them strip out.

I'm positive this will work for the ARC car and work well.

Kody
Ah, that seems like a great idea. Kill the nuts not the chassis.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I should probably run a full aluminum screw kit then...
Old 02-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kody
I'll make some nuts and tap them for you so the threads are little weaker. If your coming over for Wednesday I'll make sure to prep them for you.

K
As always many thanks for the help. Sadly I will be working making production changes on Wednesday night and will not be able to make the race.

Hoping to be at the race on the 20th however.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.