Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default New layout

I really like this new layout. Can't wait for the next race. Was also cool to see a car go from box to track in 2 hrs.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That was the most expensive club race I've ever attended and I didn't even race!

Was great to hear people chatting about the layout. Its a classic and that's why we went back for a second go. Only so much you can do and still maintain a balance that races well.

K
Old 12-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Really enjoyed the new layout. Also thoroughly enjoyed my first race in 1/12th scale with the X12 '16. I couldn't stop grinning despite some unknown grimlin causing me to leave the main early.

Looking forward to the next one!!!

Cheers,
Robert
Old 12-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...BeeCpFqKH2uew_

link to the December 19 2015 club race, brought to you by THE Seattle RC Racers.

and yeah, the layout is solid !

Jake
Old 12-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Dec 19 Race Report

The race day started at 1pm with a track build, our seventh since starting the club back in 2009. Brian started with the outline of a favorite from three years ago and revised it on paper, and then a little more once it took shape on the gym floor. So, while it has some familiar elements, I will say it is a new track with its own unique flow. I think it will be a brilliant 2016 racing on this Slapmaster special. A thank you must be extended to the build crew who showed up to get it all done. While we slipped the schedule by roughly 45 minutes, we were nevertheless able to throw down a new track and hold a full club race between noon and midnight. This club gets it done!

The racing started with Scale Spec, and Donny dominated the opening night. He was most of a lap up on the two-car of Dick Reece, but from 2nd back to 5th was a mere five seconds of separation. Donny clearly has his setup sorted out, as were used to seeing a tighter spread at the top, but its also true that some racers adapt quickly to new layouts and can separate themselves from the pack right away. Well look for the gap to narrow over the coming races. Or maybe Donny will go on a streak. Weve seen it before, it could happen again. Donny dominated the main and led tone to tone. It was nice to see Chad Blanton up from Portland. Im glad you liked the gym, Chad. Join us any time!

Stock 1/12th enjoyed some increased attention. This track is a real joy to run with a Stock car. I will say my favorite part is setting up the end of the straight and nailing the first ess. When its good, the car seems to bound back up off its left edge to transfer to the right edge. Its a perfectly spaced transition for a 1/12th scale, and one I could try to nail a thousand times, getting a smile each time. Despite my best effort, I could not overtop Brian. I took the first qual, but Brian charged back in the second. In the main I was able to push Brian hard until tangling with Mike in the infield. It was my fault. A tick of patience would have spared both of us. Next time. That was too much fun.

Novice had three racers, with Daniel, a brand new newb getting his car out for the first time. Hell be running Novice for a little bit, but his control is good, he TQd, and hell be campaigning Scale Spec before we know it. Meanwhile, young McKenna piloted her dads 1/12th scale to victory in the main. She seems to like pan car, which combined with the light saber on her hip, made her the coolest racer of the night by a mile.

World GT made a return, albeit a modest one. Kerry and Alex raced it out. They made it look good, and I hope people were watching. The class is on offer for those looking for a fast, agile 1/10th car that is cheap and easy to run. Heres hoping.

Modified Touring was a showdown between Jake and Andrew, two of our reliable best. Andrew has been trying some different cars this first half of the season. He said goodbye to his reliable ARC and is now seeing what a Yokomo can do. Clearly, the new boss is much like the old boss, as Andrew was able to TQ over a hard-charging Jake, ever the Awesomatix loyalist. But come the main, Jake did not back down and matched Andrews pace from the tone. Andrew held the lead until roughly the halfway mark, but an unforced error with Jake not more than an apex away cost him the lead. He tried to recover, but Jake was on a mission and pulled away to take the win.

Formula 1 was an open contest with Tveten out for the night. Visiting Canadian Ryan from Overgeared brought his F1 and had a go. Ryan and Dave were the class of the field and showed how these challenging scale rigs should be handled: with finesse and patience at all times. Ryan TQd and won, with Dave staying on the same lap to keep Ryan honest, but never quite close enough to challenge.

Stock Touring was tight at the top, with Donny, Malkinson, and Dick keeping it within 1.5 seconds at the top of the qualifying order. Donny was TQ, which is hard to do in that rapid company. But Donny was liking the layout and was clearly on good form across both classes. With Malkinson sitting out the main, it would be up to our other MikeBoyleand Ryan to test Donnys abilities. They gave it their best, but to no avail. The big boss of the night was Donny, who rumbled to a good win in Stock.

Modified 1/12th is really exciting on this layout. Brian showed the way in qualifying, though I was able to keep him within a shout. If he were to make a mistake, I could make him pay. Come the main we were on the same lap deep into the run, but it wasnt a mistake that cost Brian but a faulty servo. He slammed his car into the wall at the end of the straight after it failed to respond to his steering input. Ouch! I took the win and am good with it, as my setup and drive were solid in their own right, but I look forward to next time when Brian has exorcised the evil spirits from his race bag and I can challenge him with a clean run and good luck on both our sides.

Hangar 30 is next on the 30th.

Merry Christmas to all.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (70.0 KB, 85 views)
Round2.txt (71.1 KB, 110 views)
Round4.txt (54.3 KB, 127 views)
Old 12-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

2 hours and 4 guys, or was it 3, ha, did mine in only 7 hours by myself, now doing the math....lol anyway, what a sweet build. only issue, yok spurs are thinner then the ones I had, had to file down the spur gear screws to get the pulley and bearings to free up. can't wait to run it, well I can, cause I have to..
Old 12-21-2015, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skypilot
2 hours and 4 guys, or was it 3, ha, did mine in only 7 hours by myself, now doing the math....lol anyway, what a sweet build. only issue, yok spurs are thinner then the ones I had, had to file down the spur gear screws to get the pulley and bearings to free up. can't wait to run it, well I can, cause I have to..
Lol.. mine took 2 weeks.... i've got a deal hapening with f1 kits if anyone is intrested.. regular $255.. on for $150. Only 3 left and will include the custom pod plates i used this past weekend.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I am so sorry I missed this one Spent 3 days in the hospital for a clot in my arm that initially threatened amputation. But it is under control now, and I got my Xti WC kit in the mail so I can start working in it. Next up is determining which TC kit to use for scale spec Which means I need to actually get to the track to ask questions.

Anyway, just wanted to apologize for bailing on the track build session. I was really looking forward to Saturday, but my body had other plans

Marc
Old 12-22-2015, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That was my ARC....still for sale!

The yok got left behind. I can't believe how quickly we got that '16 built and running. It handled well out of the box. That car is really nice

Next car up....
Old 12-22-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Series points including the recent races attached below.

Happy Holidays everybody! See you on the 30th!!!

Bill
Old 12-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Kody,

Couple of questions for you?

1. Am I able to buy a setup board through you? Apparently I need one
2. Am I able to buy an XRay car through you? Looking at it as a durable alternative to the ARC, but I haven't decided yet. Want to talk with folks first
3. If I was to buy the XRay, could you get parts for it? Or do I need to do the online thing?
4. How is payment handled? Do I order through you and present you with my credit card at the beginning (I assume this is the case) if I don't have enough cash on hand? Or do you prefer doing cash only? I have no problem either way, I am just curious.

Thanks in advance for any information or advice you can give.

Marc
Old 12-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StillLearning
3. If I was to buy the XRay, could you get parts for it? Or do I need to do the online thing?
You can get (some/most?) Xray parts through Korey, or order them from TQRC (online). If you're in a jam, I'm a walking Xray spare parts bin and would likely have anything you break (but don't jinx me). Can't go wrong with Orange!
Old 12-23-2015, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Marc, PM sent.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default Practice Day?

Hey everyone, I wanted to ask a question that I can't imagine hasn't been asked before but can't find the answer to (I really did my best to try and search the whole thread).

Has there ever been any talk of a "lapping day"/"test and tune" open practice type night? I know it would screw with the tight predetermined schedule that Seattle Parks has us on, and I realize there might not be any open times/opportunities for this in the near future if ever. But maybe someday? My idea would be to run it like a normal race night with full entry fees, but have open track and/or controlled practice without racing. I know there would need to be significant interest and turnout, and folks would have to commit to setup and teardown just like any other night.

Has there ever been any talk or interest of such a thing?
Old 12-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sure, we've talked about it. Back in the lax days at the hangar we even managed to have a couple, particularly around track builds.

But, management is tighter about rentals now, they don't give away the time.

Personally, I'm tapped for time and energy. I've got nothing else to give.

Here's how a practice day at either the gym or hangar would work:

Some person or group of racers can give me a day, and when they front the rent, I'll schedule it--and save them the $75 app fee, $500 damage deposit, and they can run under the club's insurance. I'd for sure need to see every one in the organizing party's current ROAR card. They can then show up, commit to setup and teardown, and run their practice session.

They can keep the session to themselves, or they can collect from others who show up. They can decide whether to prorate someone's four hour session or tell them no way, you run you pay...yadda yadda...work it out I don't want to hear about it.

If it's someone core in the club, they can use the timing and scoring.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.