Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-26-2015, 01:00 PM
  #17776  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
GreenSC10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

.

Last edited by GreenSC10; 11-26-2015 at 03:34 PM.
GreenSC10 is offline  
Old 11-26-2015, 03:37 PM
  #17777  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
GreenSC10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

What final drive are people using with the tc6.2 in scale spec? Just checking before I order stuff, thanks
GreenSC10 is offline  
Old 11-26-2015, 05:49 PM
  #17778  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Happy Thanksgiving Seattle RC Racers!
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 11-26-2015, 08:17 PM
  #17779  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (72)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GreenSC10
What final drive are people using with the tc6.2 in scale spec? Just checking before I order stuff, thanks
Approx. 3.6:1 without a lot of timing. Approx 3.9:1 with the timing cranked.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody!!!
waswadener is offline  
Old 11-26-2015, 10:49 PM
  #17780  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
AlexPate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by waswadener
Approx. 3.6:1 without a lot of timing. Approx 3.9:1 with the timing cranked.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody!!!
Did I miss something? We were running 3.4 Fdr with timing cranked at ecc last year on hpi tires, with the gravity usgt tires having a smaller diameter would you not need an Fdr closer to 3.2-3.3?
AlexPate is offline  
Old 11-27-2015, 10:37 AM
  #17781  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
GreenSC10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Looking for an esc and a Novak Boss motor 25.5T for scale spec

Lrp, reedy, Tekin rs preferred
GreenSC10 is offline  
Old 11-28-2015, 11:20 AM
  #17782  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 23
Default

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Marc,
You can go straight to CRC's website and order there if you choose. While you are there, you can get the purple stripe spec tires, the Xti WC kit, a Rocket Fuel 7000mah 1s pack (they're really good right now!), and a handful of pinions from 52-57. They have quality 16g wire, 4mm plugs, spare ball bearings, a ride height step gauge, a carbon fiber camber gauge. The Black Art Lola is a great body. You can build the WC kit shrink wrap stock and be quite competitive with it. I have only a tall ball stud here n there..... well and that top secrete thing I am prototyping, but that another story for another day.
Thanks for the info Brian, and everyone else that has replied to my queries.

There were a couple of things I couldn't find though.

1. The purple stripe spec tires appear to only be sold as front tires, could find no rears.

2. Also they are selling a single 1s pack, but that is only 3200 or 4800, nothing listed for 7000 as a 1s. Am I missing things?

3. Also you mentioned spare ball bearings, they seem to sell a variety of them but I have no clue which ones are the right ones for the car.

4. Finally, everyone mentions the Airtronics radios. What about Futaba? They used to be top of the line back in the day? Have they fallen out of favor? Or are the local folks just gravitating to Airtronics these days?

Thanks again for all your advice, it means a lot to me that you take the time to reply.

Marc
StillLearning is offline  
Old 11-28-2015, 11:25 PM
  #17783  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 77
Default

Originally Posted by StillLearning
1. The purple stripe spec tires appear to only be sold as front tires, could find no rears.
Here's the rear tires
Here's the front tires

Originally Posted by StillLearning
2. Also they are selling a single 1s pack, but that is only 3200 or 4800, nothing listed for 7000 as a 1s. Am I missing things?
Here's the 7000 battery (did you click on "batteries" on the left, and then the "2" to go to the next page of batteries? I almost missed it too...)

Originally Posted by StillLearning
4. Finally, everyone mentions the Airtronics radios. What about Futaba? They used to be top of the line back in the day? Have they fallen out of favor? Or are the local folks just gravitating to Airtronics these days?
Out at NORA today I saw (at least) Airtronics, Futaba and Spektrum. Pretty sure there was at least one other that I can't remember

Cheers!
Robert

Last edited by RJMcIntyre; 11-28-2015 at 11:42 PM.
RJMcIntyre is offline  
Old 11-29-2015, 04:50 AM
  #17784  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 23
Default

Thank you! I did go to the second page for batteries but I guess I missed it

One question I have is that the battery appears to be full-size rather than a shorty pack. Is that an issue in the CRC Xti car? Is it expected to use full-size packs?

I also had a question about which, if any, setup tools I should get other than the ride height and camber gauges Brian already mentioned? I see fancy tweak stations, setup stations, and other things. Are any of these indispensable to a new builder/driver that is likely to tweak his car early and often? Any other recommendations folks can give?

And, finally, I typed in the NORA indoor facility address (according to their website) and tried to get there because I wanted to watch folks and ask questions. It led me to a closed and locked fence that looked like an entrance to the fairgrounds. Was I supposed to go somewhere else? I know the offroad track had a different address, should I have gone there instead? Unfortunately I didn't write that second address down so I couldn't find it yesterday.
StillLearning is offline  
Old 11-29-2015, 07:59 AM
  #17785  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
ScruffyRuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Everett, Washington
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The indoor track for NORA is at the fair grounds. You have to go to the south gate to get in. Once your inside the gate, find the barn with all the cars parked around it. You should be able to see it from the gate.
ScruffyRuss is offline  
Old 11-29-2015, 08:04 AM
  #17786  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StillLearning
Thank you! I did go to the second page for batteries but I guess I missed it

One question I have is that the battery appears to be full-size rather than a shorty pack. Is that an issue in the CRC Xti car? Is it expected to use full-size packs?

I also had a question about which, if any, setup tools I should get other than the ride height and camber gauges Brian already mentioned? I see fancy tweak stations, setup stations, and other things. Are any of these indispensable to a new builder/driver that is likely to tweak his car early and often? Any other recommendations folks can give?

And, finally, I typed in the NORA indoor facility address (according to their website) and tried to get there because I wanted to watch folks and ask questions. It led me to a closed and locked fence that looked like an entrance to the fairgrounds. Was I supposed to go somewhere else? I know the offroad track had a different address, should I have gone there instead? Unfortunately I didn't write that second address down so I couldn't find it yesterday.
Hi,

12th are really simple cars but attention to detail is key. For tools you really only need a ride height gauge and a simple camber gauge. Some use droop blocks to set pod droop but not always needed as a ride height gauge can do the job. A tweak station is a nice tool for pan cars but a set of quarters get the job done as well! Ask a racer at the track how to do these things will be the easiest and most simple way of learning.

Sorry about not being able to find NORA. NORA has 2 locations where they race. Indoor and outdoor locations. The indoor location is in the sheep building located in the Skagit County Fair Grounds. https://www.here.com/directions/driv...b_locale=en_US
Kody is offline  
Old 11-29-2015, 08:18 AM
  #17787  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StillLearning
Thanks for the info Brian, and everyone else that has replied to my queries.

There were a couple of things I couldn't find though.

1. The purple stripe spec tires appear to only be sold as front tires, could find no rears.

2. Also they are selling a single 1s pack, but that is only 3200 or 4800, nothing listed for 7000 as a 1s. Am I missing things?

3. Also you mentioned spare ball bearings, they seem to sell a variety of them but I have no clue which ones are the right ones for the car.

4. Finally, everyone mentions the Airtronics radios. What about Futaba? They used to be top of the line back in the day? Have they fallen out of favor? Or are the local folks just gravitating to Airtronics these days?

Thanks again for all your advice, it means a lot to me that you take the time to reply.

Marc
Spec tires should be listed. You can also find them track side at most tacks you would attend.

As for single cell batteries at the moment I'd recommend EA Motorsports 1's packs for performance and life. Many packs can be fast but don't last and EA's are proven to be really good at the moment.

When looking at bearing or parts the best way of knowing whats what is download the manual for the car. For most pan cars the frond and rear axle bearings are the same. Also if you go to www.avidrc.com you can select your car and it will show you what bearings your car needs! Kinda cool! http://avidrc.com/product/v/products...-products.html

Airtronics are just solid radios these days. When your paying for your radio you want something that lasts. Futaba are solid too but I'm talking the 4px. When you get into the mid grade radios Airtronics has the market on lock down with there MT4s really. It feels like your using a M12. Not just for feel but how your connected to your car. I'll say Futaba has it going on the RX's though! Prices are right IMO.
Kody is offline  
Old 11-29-2015, 09:51 AM
  #17788  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,780
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StillLearning
4. Finally, everyone mentions the Airtronics radios. What about Futaba? They used to be top of the line back in the day? Have they fallen out of favor? Or are the local folks just gravitating to Airtronics these days?

Thanks again for all your advice, it means a lot to me that you take the time to reply.

Marc
I use the mid range futaba 4pls and prefer it ro the more popular airtronics. Both Radios are well built and work extremely well, the difference is in the feel. I would suggest choosing by comfort.
mtveten is offline  
Old 11-29-2015, 11:30 AM
  #17789  
Tech Adept
 
skibum989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Posts: 212
Default

Originally Posted by StillLearning

4. Finally, everyone mentions the Airtronics radios. What about Futaba? They used to be top of the line back in the day? Have they fallen out of favor? Or are the local folks just gravitating to Airtronics these days?

Marc
Everyone's got good suggestions here, Futaba and Airtronics/Sanwa are still great stuff. I'm also really happy with my new KO Propo EX-2, it's a killer midrange radio for the price and there's lots of options for customization because it's compatible with all the EX-1 accessories. It's really easy to use and lightweight.
skibum989 is offline  
Old 11-30-2015, 07:13 AM
  #17790  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 23
Default

Thank you everyone for all of your advice. I will make every effort to get to the CC this Saturday to talk with folks, look around, ask questions.

I must say that I am getting a bit anxious after watching videos. Mainly about the amount of thngs I will have to replace whilst learning to drive. I anticipate a LOT of banging into pipes and trying to stay of of folks' way. Hopefully the damage I do will only be to my own car

I wonder if I should build two cars, one 1/12 and one TC (for forgiveness whilst trying to learn to drive without hitting things.). I will have to think about that.

If I was to build a TC, should I go with an Associated TC 6.2? I really like the looks of Associated kits in terms of build instructions and support. Are there other recommendations along the same vein and with similar quality control and stuff?

Thanks again for all of your advice.

Marc
StillLearning is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.