Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

While corner marshalling, I have occasionally seen a car stopped on the track for no apparent reason. Sometimes, these cars just start going again. This is a mysterious phenomena to me, and makes me hesitate to remove a stopped car from the track.

Is there a reason people stop for a little while?

Is there an accepted protocol for corner marshalls when dealing with cars that aren't moving?

Old 11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default For the 12R5 Guys Out There

AE has just announced a complete Factory Team Blue Aluminum Screw Set for the 12R5 and the 10R5...It will come with correct screws for R5 and R5.1 kits.

I will get a bunch on order and have them for sale at the Hangar ASAP!

Last edited by Maybell; 11-12-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randoggy
While corner marshalling, I have occasionally seen a car stopped on the track for no apparent reason. Sometimes, these cars just start going again. This is a mysterious phenomena to me, and makes me hesitate to remove a stopped car from the track.

Is there a reason people stop for a little while?

Is there an accepted protocol for corner marshalls when dealing with cars that aren't moving?

Alot of times a racer will pull off to the side to make radio adjustments during qualifiers. You usually will not see that so much in a main. A quick glance up to the drivers stand and you'll probably see one of the drivers staring at their radio. In this case as long as the car is well out of the racing line it should be fine. If the car is stopped in the racing line and a driver is making adjustments then you as the corner marshal can go ahead and pick the car up and move it to a safe area like on it's side, off the track since the driver should of known better then to stop on the driving line. Or you could ba a nice guy and just slide it over out of the racing line. I would go for the on it's side aprotch but that's me...
Old 11-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Great night

Thanks everyone for another great night of racing. Altho, I must say that getting up at four am by the time the main started at 2205 I was horrable. Sporatic and twitchy. Tyler did a great job for second time in stock. Thanks again Todd, Kody and everyone else involved last night.

Anyone going to My Vernon to Nora Carpet oval road course on Sat? Just curious. We are going to check it out and try to support another local track.

Grant
Old 11-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I'd like to give a BIG thanks to everyone that helped me out last night. It was my first race as you could tell. Not sure, But I think I hit every pipe and corner out there (at least twice lol). And thanks Todd for making me feel welcome.
I found the people to all be very helpful and friendly.

Thanks again,
Old 11-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 240zron
I'd like to give a BIG thanks to everyone that helped me out last night. It was my first race as you could tell. Not sure, But I think I hit every pipe and corner out there (at least twice lol). And thanks Todd for making me feel welcome.

Thanks again,
Welcome to racing Ron! See you next time!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks again,
i enjoyed racin with u yest. im the one with the bright red mazda. hope to see u next time. why dosent ur daughter race? we need some girls to race against lol. not beein mean by the way
Old 11-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Looks like my daughter wants to start racing. So next time there, She may be racing. (If my wife will let her stay out that late) She had a blast so I hope she can do it.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks like my daughter wants to start racing. So next time there, She may be racing. (If my wife will let her stay out that late) She had a blast so I hope she can do it.
i wont be there sat cause of work, but i hope to see her racing the next time there i think in 2 weeks. if both of u need help with any set up tips or anything just come over and say"hey i need some help" lol. i hope to be racing spec the next time.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default set up....tamiya isfr

i was wondering if there is anyone running the tamiya ta05 isfr version would be willing to help with some diff set up. i have 1 set up that i ahve been running but i would like more of a variety. thanks

stewart
Old 11-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Oh man, another epic battle on the rug. Especially with Sean & I in R2.... right up until I knocked the front end loose. The focus and determination at each apex, each acceleration point, and every corner entry made for an intense experience. Every time I thought for sure that I made up 6 inches on Sean, he would make it bake next lap and then some, only to repeat the cycle over and over again. That's racing! What would make it better is if we went back to "heads up" quals. For some reason, we went back to ifmar. I for one, would like to get back to the excitement of heads up back. I thought the last nights lay out had the perfect blend of dots and pipe. The square down spout tube certainly has it's potential with a little think tank stirred up to squirt out a result, we should have a lean and trim circuit. Rumor has it that Curry has all the pieces to return, lets see if that happens soon. And just like Sean says, please, by all means, stop by and ask any questions you have about 12th scale. It's a great class. Help is only a slight effort away. And who was the Leask guy anyway? What racing program is he on? Wonder if there is any openings.....

You know who's getting quick? Our fearless leader..... that's who! I went the last 120 seconds with Todd glued to the rear spoiler. He wouldn't shake off!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Ya guys just a quick note if You are wanting to race the next NWIc race sign up soon we have had 29 enterys in the days sence TZ and only have 55 pit spacses so don't wait long!

rupert- still want to trade call me 503-931-7879 Ron
Old 11-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default Calling all NW Onroaders

Are we really going to stand for paying $350 for a speed control???

It seems so crazy...

As much a I love Frank Calandra I still say we should put our foot down and not support a ESC that costs that much...

Think about this...soon, another company will come out with something that is at least as good as the Advanced speedo...but they will sell it for something in the $200 range...that will force CRC to drop the price...

I would feel like crap if I spent $350 on a speedo, only to see the price drop to $200 a month or so later...

I say we protest and not support this speedo until its price is reasonable!
Old 11-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
Are we really going to stand for paying $350 for a speed control???

It seems so crazy...

As much a I love Frank Calandra I still say we should put our foot down and not support a ESC that costs that much...

Think about this...soon, another company will come out with something that is at least as good as the Advanced speedo...but they will sell it for something in the $200 range...that will force CRC to drop the price...

I would feel like crap if I spent $350 on a speedo, only to see the price drop to $200 a month or so later...

I say we protest and not support this speedo until its price is reasonable!

Unfortunately its a little late now, I unsuccessfully lobbied to get them banned from the series but the clubs were keen on allowing them. Now that locals have already ordered them (reluctantly me too), there is no putting the cat back in the bag.

The lesson to learn is that anytime we want to get something excluded we need to do so before people are told it is a go and start buying it.

Mark
Old 11-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
Unfortunately its a little late now, I unsuccessfully lobbied to get them banned from the series but the clubs were keen on allowing them. Now that locals have already ordered them (reluctantly me too), there is no putting the cat back in the bag.

The lesson to learn is that anytime we want to get something excluded we need to do so before people are told it is a go and start buying it.

Mark
Why Mark? I am not thrilled to see an expensive speedo take over the market (maybe) but I never heard of a organized banning of Futaba's very expensive 4PK which was around 500.00 when it came out. Nor did I hear of an organized banning of CE GFX chargers when they came out. Surely less expensive items were out there that would do the job. Why are we picking on this speedo so much? I will get one at a later time, I love to tinker with new technology but if this speedo proves an unfair advantage to the other speed controllers then I would not finish my qualifers at the Hangar, I would pull my car at say the 7 minute mark. I say this again only if this speedo proves to do something that no other speed controller can do. In the mean time lets wait until we learn more about it.

If you felt a banning was neccessary that you tried to get it banned from the series, why are YOU buying one. I like Sean's idea of just not buying one or my idea of not fully competing with one.

Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.