Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I really didn't mean to start a discussion about adding new classes this year, I assumed it was clear that we weren't adding any. I was thinking more for future seasons.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xen0ph0n
I really didn't mean to start a discussion about adding new classes this year, I assumed it was clear that we weren't adding any. I was thinking more for future seasons.
Todd reads everything as "we want it now" lol...think it's a 'raising kids' thing
Old 01-06-2015, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xen0ph0n
nah... it was brought up before you did... on many occasions.. even on other threads. no big deal just conversations really.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Aaaagh! You guys have me coming and going. In one case it's too late, too exhausting, too too much. We lost some dad/son participation because of the late schedule. This season, we get breaks, practice, the track time everyone howls about, even a whole extra round of qualifying...and we're circling the drain.

To be clear, we dropped two classes to ensure we get out by midnight. The park shortened our leash and made it clear that we have to honor the contracts I sign. Those contracts say midnight, which with a 3pm start is 9 hours, and by the strictest read of the rules, an hour too long for our staff allocation. But, they let it slide for us.

The season has been great, so far. Yes, entry numbers have backed off, but participation in Scale Spec, Stock TC, and Mod TC is as strong as ever. Pan car is a little down, and that has us on notice. We're evaluating and discussing in earnest. But, the bottom line is that our bottom line remains sound. We're covering our nut, our assets are in good shape, and we continue to deliver on accessible, affordable, fun.

I'm not complaining, it's a voluntary assignment. But, if I may ask one little favor, let's be a little more the boy who sees a pony when handed a sack of shit, shall we? Things are pretty good for us. We can risk optimism.
It's not broke, doesn't need fixing.

I knew what I was getting into when I started Scale Spec. Sweet bodies, slow speed, milking the cars and motors for what they had. Anyone wanting faster could move up to stock, etc.

Or run an LFA body in Mod TC.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
It's not broke, doesn't need fixing.

I knew what I was getting into when I started Scale Spec. Sweet bodies, slow speed, milking the cars and motors for what they had. Anyone wanting faster could move up to stock, etc.

Or run an LFA body in Mod TC.
I'd have to piss Todd off and run a ZL1 in mod for about two corners, then there'd be shrapnel.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Pan car is frustrating to new people sometimes because of the competition, if you get lapped 2 times in tc, then add two more minutes and you are down 4 laps, kind of discouraging

Before thus season started there was the supstapose out whatever, but they are still tunable, more than people think. You can change all the same things as a traditional 1/12, no money saved because you pretty much have to put money into them, driving a bunk car sucks just ask me I do nothing to fix it though haha
Old 01-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

so, the next race is the 24th, correct??
Old 01-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

14th for the hangar and 24th for the cc...correct.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, I'm surprised to see this. Grainger has been with Schumacher for about a billion years. A good signing for AE.

http://www.redrc.net/2015/01/chris-g...am-associated/
Old 01-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Anyone have a 25.5 for sale? Pm me
Old 01-11-2015, 09:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Get that speed passion one Mack and I are running $40 new on ebay
Old 01-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bucklee
Get that speed passion one Mack and I are running $40 new on ebay
The only legal motor for our 25.5 class is the Novak, though.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scotty75
Anyone have a 25.5 for sale? Pm me
text me again. i still have that motor.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2015 Victoria WCICS

Your Seattle RC Racers buds put in a tremendous showing in Victoria this weekend for the IROCC/NRC round of WCICS.

Brian came out on top of the big pan car field, Stock 1/12th. In Canada, that means 13.5/blinky, a very zippy platform. After confronting a determined local in Jamie Surry who snatched TQ away in round 2, Slappy bore down and put in a flawless Q3 to crush the challengers and wrapped up TQ. He then dominated from the tone and took the win driving a very factory CRC, a car any of could easily put together.

Jake took down Stock Touring and delivered a valuable racing and life lesson in the bargain. Never give up on a race! Jake was tailing a fast Danny Buck and together they were chasing down Wayne Mah. At about midway-2/3's, Jake was tagged by a back marker as they came through (a completely inadvertent but classic back-on-the-throttle-too-soon-as-they-come-through-tag-the-back-panel-D'oh!) But, did he throw up his hands cuss and swear and pound the rail? No! Not our Jake. Our Jake kept it together, stayed in the race, and drove his tail off because you just don't know what will happen. Well, what happened is that Danny, who Jake had been easily and patiently tracking, did in fact chase down Wayne. Danny proceeded to tag Wayne, and while waiting a beat for Wayne to get flipped back over, Jake flashed past and into the lead. From there it was all awesome. As in a big fat Awesomatix win for one of the stalwarts of this club at a big race in the biggest field. Great job Jake!

Jacob, our Scale Spec stud and fast rising star, took down VTA/GT (basically Scale Spec with 21.5's). Jacob learned a lot this weekend and is putting together, piece by piece, a fantastic program for himself. Patience, confidence, and more patience. Those are the building blocks of a solid program and a reputation for being a fast, clean racer. It doesn't come easy, and it doesn't come in a day or even a year. But, with a reliably upbeat attitude (that's Jacob!), persistence, and a dose of talent, Jacob is making his way. Well done! You get extra stickers so everyone knows what club you're from!

Dave Ehrlich, a frequent visitor and honorary member of the club was the class of the fast classes. He took home both Mod trophies and a 2nd in World GT. A super performance for the VBC factory driver.

There were other great performances by your fellow clubbies. Give them congratulations when you see them. And give John Tsang a fist bump the next time you see him. A more fundamentally fair, fast, and fun-minded racer you'll never meet. He's another honorary member for life.

Good job, guys!
Old 01-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Our club prez extraordinaire has failed to recognize his own podium spot in a stacked mod 12th TC field.

Big congratulations to Mr Todd Mason's well earned third place in mod 12th at the annual WCICS IROCC race in Victoria.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.