Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You guys are so quick to dismiss Xray, there are a few club members running the orange goodness, ya know

But Kody, Jake and Jacob basically covered it. You can't go wrong with any of the modern kits and trackside support will be plenty if you stick to the ones listed... including Xray
Old 01-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Amnesia1187
Ola,

Looking for some guidance. Several years ago back in high school I used to do nitro cars back in Austin. Anyway, I haven't done any RC in years, but recently I was hanging out with one of my coworkers and his Kid had an HPI car and it got me thinking and I decided I wanna go out and build a new car .

I know nothing about electric, but I do know that I don't wanna bother with the cheapo RTR cars. Anyway, I was curious what kinda cars are common around here? Is there anywhere that actually stocks cars/parts for the higher end stuff?

My old nitros were AE TC3s, so originally I was considering a TC6.2, but the more I read, the more I'm leaning towards something like XRay, Arc, VBC or maybe even the $$$ Awesomatix. I just figure it would be good to get something that is common locally so that there will be more people available for advice.

I'd also love any advice on all the other stuff (chargers, batteries, esc, motors, etc). For a radio I'm thinking either an Airtronics M12 (used to have an M8 way back when) or a Hitec Lynx 4s (is there anything else i should be looking at?), but for everything else I'm really flying blind. Also, any advice on commonly broken parts I should stock up on or other odds and ends I'm sure to forget. Does hudy still make all the alignment/setup stuff?

Also, is there anyone local who paints/sells good bodies? i was always shit at painting .
You Should come down to the races and see what people are running.. the class or classes you choose to run might influence what you want to buy.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Xrays don't break, that's s pretty awesome selling point imo
Old 01-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Xrays don't break, that's s pretty awesome selling point imo
Yes they do!!! I saw Adam break a steering knuckle just last race day... I think it was a original part on his 2013 xray that had seen a whole season of racing indoor... then a bunch of outdoor racing and he clipped a board in stock.... i mean it was only a years worth of racing..
Old 01-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcHammer
Yes they do!!! I saw Adam break a steering knuckle just last race day... I think it was a original part on his 2013 xray that had seen a whole season of racing indoor... then a bunch of outdoor racing and he clipped a board in stock.... i mean it was only a years worth of racing..
That is accurate. I also bent two camber links, but all parts were 2013 originals and came from Mike, so who knows what they were through ;-) But in all seriousness Xrays are tough as tanks.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Amnesia1187
Ola,

Looking for some guidance. Several years ago back in high school I used to do nitro cars back in Austin. Anyway, I haven't done any RC in years, but recently I was hanging out with one of my coworkers and his Kid had an HPI car and it got me thinking and I decided I wanna go out and build a new car .

I know nothing about electric, but I do know that I don't wanna bother with the cheapo RTR cars. Anyway, I was curious what kinda cars are common around here? Is there anywhere that actually stocks cars/parts for the higher end stuff?

My old nitros were AE TC3s, so originally I was considering a TC6.2, but the more I read, the more I'm leaning towards something like XRay, Arc, VBC or maybe even the $$$ Awesomatix. I just figure it would be good to get something that is common locally so that there will be more people available for advice.

I'd also love any advice on all the other stuff (chargers, batteries, esc, motors, etc). For a radio I'm thinking either an Airtronics M12 (used to have an M8 way back when) or a Hitec Lynx 4s (is there anything else i should be looking at?), but for everything else I'm really flying blind. Also, any advice on commonly broken parts I should stock up on or other odds and ends I'm sure to forget. Does hudy still make all the alignment/setup stuff?

Also, is there anyone local who paints/sells good bodies? i was always shit at painting .
I can give you a screaming deal on a awesomatix EVO, I have extra LRP ESC or a Speedpassion if you prefer, even have a great servo for the package, basically a RTR chassis minus Rcvr and Motor, (unless you want a mod motor)
Old 01-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

OK, within reason they don't break haha
Old 01-03-2015, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by james auther
Congratulate to Seattle racers
For what?
Old 01-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

The following is regarding NORA, so if cross-posting offends you, please stop reading now

Fellow Seattle RC Racers, next weekend NORA is hosting an Oval race on Saturday. They have a bunch of Oval racers coming from out of town, so it'll be a big one. Why should you care? Because you're all invited! That's right, NORA is welcoming all classes to come out and run with them on the Oval layout. That means Oval Scale Spec, Oval Stock Touring, and possibly Oval F1 and Oval 12th Scale if enough entries show up.

Track opens at 9am, all day practice, and around 6pm there will be a pizza dinner for those who are racing, with races starting around 7pm. John Vick posted the details in the NORA thread, but anyone please correct me if I misspoke. Should be a lot of fun. We're told the Oval guys are running 3 to 4 second laps, that is crazy awesome. Come check it out!
Old 01-04-2015, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Yes its fun. A lot harder than you think it is. took me a while to get a smooth lap in. best i could do was a 5.3 with a scale spec car. Thats with some light set up to make it turn left. A little more setup and i bet it could go under 5 sec. Its pretty fun. not as easy as it looks. come have some fun.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:22 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
Yes its fun. A lot harder than you think it is. took me a while to get a smooth lap in. best i could do was a 5.3 with a scale spec car. Thats with some light set up to make it turn left. A little more setup and i bet it could go under 5 sec. Its pretty fun. not as easy as it looks. come have some fun.
Doug shames on you not to bust your balls but this is the nora thread. has nothing to do with the hangar in here lol. just sayin. might it be moved to the hangar thread? lol. and yeah i get ya on just expressing opinions. its all good. no worries.

Last edited by OVA; 01-04-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Quick question... is there a place around here that takes old/bad lipos for disposal? I don't currently have a place to safely follow the discharge and salt-water method myself. I've read that maybe Radio Shack takes them?
Old 01-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Speaking of Nora yesterday.... We officially have a group called 3 angry Bears.... Adam, Doug, Kodi.

Adam- I'm used to it... I don't get so say bye at the end of a race day

Kodi - pulled a Doug and cut his LFA body in half with his hands intead.

Doug- this time I was told he gets to the straight and purposely full throttles to the wall.... Damn I missed it....

Jk guys I have to just give you guys crap....
Old 01-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

My steering rack came apart. I dont lift for that corner. It just went straight.

Last edited by dragonracing; 01-04-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by metalnut; 01-04-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.