Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Yep... 4mm banana plugs. Welcome to the future Sam.. LOL. Either solder on some 4mm or Kody sells the EC3 adapter you need with the plugs already installed... I opted to shorten my leads and install ring terminals....

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-1419785700867.jpg

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-1419785779596.jpg
Old 12-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Yep... 4mm banana plugs. Welcome to the future Sam.. LOL. Either solder on some 4mm or Kody sells the EC3 adapter you need with the plugs already installed... I opted to shorten my leads and install ring terminals....

Attachment 1258295

Attachment 1258296
Thanks! I'll be ordering a power supply today I hope. I like how portable a lead acid battery is, but I want to have proper voltage.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Magnuson CC 2014/2015 Rd 7

A long productive day and night for the Seattle RC Racers as we put down our 2015 layout and then hosted a 37-entry three-quals-and-a-main club race. And we started racing on time and managed to get out before midnight. Credit to the club for your efficiency and hard work. If you could see yourselves and how dialed in your programs are, you'd be mightily impressed with what you get done.

I like the new layout. It's a truly new look for our club. Every layout since 2009 has featured a left to right back straight. The sweeper/carousel/chicane elements have varied, but the constant has been that back straight. Not this year. Kody has treated us to a fast, flowing layout with a diagonal interior straight and a backside reminiscent of the swimming pool chicane from Monaco's F1 circuit. The chicane is a high speed edge to edge that requires perfect entry to master. When hit right, it's extremely satisfying. But, get it wrong and all momentum is lost, or worse, a board meeting is convened. As usual, subtlety with the throttle and a "slow is smooth smooth is fast" approach tends to produce the desired effect. Muscling it through at full wood and sawing the wheel is not the fast way. And after a full night of calling races and racing it myself, may I suggest a keen respect for the dots. Thrumming the dots at speed will tend to skew the risk/reward calculus toward the "risk." The dots are not on the winning line. All in all, I forecast fast, tense, high stakes racing in 2015 at the Community Center.

Scale Spec took pride of place and fired off our 2015 campaign (yes, I know it's still 2014, just go with it.) Jacob Reyes sets the first record at 28/6:00. Fast laps in Scale Spec are in the low 12's. In the main, Jacob defended from the tone to secure the win, while Adam and Doug rounded out the top three in that order. Call outs to Jasmin and Russ for racing hard and fighting their way up the order.

Stock 1/12th was light, but the stalwart trio of Brian, Mike, and Erik were on hand to represent the first half of the foam tire contingent. Brian, no surprise, got on the fast line early and set the early bar at 44/8:11. Fast laps in Stock 1/12th are mid-high 10's. In the main, Brian blew an early lap and visited the paddock with his yellow rocket. That let Erik through to make a run at a hard to secure first place in the class. But, Brian got it sorted, strung together some fast mid-race laps, and chased Erik down. He got by with a couple minutes still to go and checked out from there. Erik had to settle for second. The opportunities don't come often--Bodine hates to give a race away. If he's on the track, you know he's bringing the heat and offers no quarter. That's a good thing.

The Modified Touring field got a dose of Harbuckle and came away sputtering and bloody. Korey dominated. He took all three rounds, going faster each time, and then crushed the main. The early mark is a 35/6:07. Fast laps are in the low 10's. Owen Ren from B.C. earned a handsome second, trailing Korey but also gapping third. Third place was much closer, with John, Jake, Donny, and Mike all on the same lap. I think Mod TC, in particular, will offer up some spectacular racing this year.

Andrew Cartwright remains firmly stationed atop of the Stock Touring heap of skulls. The AE team driver surveys a field of smashed and mutilated foes. He's the Heavy Metal barbarian hero arrogantly seated on his antlered throne, a brace of gauze-clad buxom consorts at his feet, a tall goblet of wine gripped in one hand, a notched and bloody axe in the other. Will not some young firebrand emerge to challenge the tyrant for his kingdom? Andrew sets the early mark at 33/6:08. Fast laps are in the high 10's.

Modified 1/12th was blazing and nervy. If you think dots at speed through the chicane with a touring car are a breath catcher, I can assure you that our turbo pan cars at roughly half the weight take it up another notch. Wow. But also, wow. Not having the benefit of any practice or a slower class to get a feel for the challenge, I can say the initial impression resembled something like "The Scream." But, by the second and third qualifiers, the throttle and brake points came into focus, a groove was established, and come the main, we were throwing down some speedy clean laps. A blown wheel bearing (race day maintenance! Aagh!) cost me a decent challenge of Bodine, but I've got a feel for it now. It was Bodine's night. He rolled to 50/8:08, and fast laps were in the low 9's. We'll see an 8 this year, I'm sure of it.

A big call-out to Awesomatix team driver Jake Danilchik for treating the build crew to some much-appreciated pizza in the late afternoon. Some timely calories lifted our spirits!

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (50.6 KB, 67 views)
Round2.txt (52.3 KB, 76 views)
Round3.txt (53.0 KB, 77 views)
Round4.txt (42.8 KB, 124 views)
Old 12-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Saturday club race videos from December 27, 2014 ~ Seattle RC Racers at Magnuson Park

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...31IAio4d7EWbjw

Last edited by Magnet Top; 12-30-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks to kody for the fun layout. I really like it. Big thanks to jake for the pizza! you da man!

Nothing like pissing away your last qualifier (As Mr Bodine coind the phrase) buy making unnecessary changes and over saucing the fronts to the point of extreme over steer. Then gearing the car the wrong way for the main. lol. just a screwed up night. lol. still lots of fun. Knocking Mr Tsang off his feet was so unintentional. but should make for good video highlights.

seems i have home work to do to catch Mr Reyes and the "A" crew. Im coming for ya jacob!
Old 12-29-2014, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

Layouts dope. Fast flow with a quick pucker to keep you in check. I tried to be brave in Q2 by going full wood thru the chicane but quickly learned my lesson after three consecutive licks on the lollipop. Great job everyone.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:01 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
Thanks to kody for the fun layout. I really like it. Big thanks to jake for the pizza! you da man!

Nothing like pissing away your last qualifier (As Mr Bodine coind the phrase) buy making unnecessary changes and over saucing the fronts to the point of extreme over steer. Then gearing the car the wrong way for the main. lol. just a screwed up night. lol. still lots of fun. Knocking Mr Tsang off his feet was so unintentional. but should make for good video highlights.

seems i have home work to do to catch Mr Reyes and the "A" crew. Im coming for ya jacob!
Good morning Doug
btw Not just Jacob is fast..LOOKOUT for Mr Gorski, Adam...he's getting better and going fast too..
Old 12-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

yeah i know.. adam has stepped up his game since he has gotten his new car figured out.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:47 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

yeah i know.. adam has stepped up his game since he has gotten his new car figured out.
I drove his Xray and it is very nice and easy to drive fast..good job Adam
Old 12-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Aww, thanks guys I can feel the love pouring through the computer screen. What can I say, hanging out with all the fast guys has eventual impact even on someone as nervous and uncoordinated as me

Now if I can only learn to drive at Stock speeds
Old 12-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

i know you are... hehe... still need to figure out my SS car. Corner speed is terrible. Scrubbing speed and pushed like crazy... im surprised to have TQ'd to be honest...

My Stock handles like a dream but Jake D found it lacking power
Old 12-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Mine has been feeling down on power. I have a suspicion its my batteries. they are a year old now and i have an orca 6200 on order since it weighs the same as my 6500 smc batts. going to tear down the motor and clean it and clean all my bearings. get all the carpet fuzz out of the car. I am sensing some drag in the drive train. And the new body is here. the subie BRZ handles fine. now i want to see how the toyota handles.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:26 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by -jacob-
i know you are... hehe... still need to figure out my SS car. Corner speed is terrible. Scrubbing speed and pushed like crazy... im surprised to have TQ'd to be honest...

Are you kidding me ??
You are just getting better and this SS class may be just too slow for you
Old 12-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -jacob-

Jacob, Mike and I were watching your SS car and Mike noticed that it doesn't do so well transitioning left-to-right (or right-to-left ), it seems to push right after the transition. I watched you go around corners and to my untrained eyes it looked pretty fast, I couldn't see any noticeable speed scrubbing after your pre-corner braking. Maybe you just need to try to get rid of the push?

Edit: wait... why am I giving you tips that could make you faster? Doh!
Old 12-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by metalnut
Jacob, Mike and I were watching your SS car and Mike noticed that it doesn't do so well transitioning left-to-right (or right-to-left ), it seems to push right after the transition. I watched you go around corners and to my untrained eyes it looked pretty fast, I couldn't see any noticeable speed scrubbing after your pre-corner braking. Maybe you just need to try to get rid of the push?

Edit: wait... why am I giving you tips that could make you faster? Doh!
I noticed that too. it does not look clean when it transitions. its kinda jerky and slopy looking. im sure its not your driving but something in the setup on the car. a little work will clean that up. Im just looking for more power (yeah i know its a 25.5 lol). but im lacking power all of a sudden. not sure if its motor, batteries or the drive train. going thru all of it this week. new battery on the way and maybe a new motor. but going to clean up the one i have first. but...Yet another new body. this one is slammed and can go farther but i want wheel clearance. this one should provide some down force.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-20141229_221929.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-20141229_221943.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-20141229_221958.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-20141229_222051.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-20141229_222108.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.