Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ill keep an eye out on craigslist and the pawn shops between arlington and everett. sorry you got broke into. thats just not cool.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

The list grows, the Tao6, a stock tao5, a tto1, a slash, a tamiya 12th scale, 3 blade msx helis, an airsoft sniper rifle, a bike and some other misc stuff
Old 11-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

How about some results!
Old 11-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy5
The list grows, the Tao6, a stock tao5, a tto1, a slash, a tamiya 12th scale, 3 blade msx helis, an airsoft sniper rifle, a bike and some other misc stuff
Damn man, that's pretty horrible
Old 11-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Glueing Sidewalls

so whats the deal? how much area do i glue? why? will it prevent traction roll some? i m not sure, ive heard about it but never tried it. please explain...thanks.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
so whats the deal? how much area do i glue? why? will it prevent traction roll some? i m not sure, ive heard about it but never tried it. please explain...thanks.
glue up to where the radius of the tire starts. in most cases it will prevent traction roll but set up and grip level will still cause roll. basically gluing stiffens the tires side wall so the outer part of the tire doesn't fold inward causing traction roll. at least that's my understanding.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I would think the glue is also a slippery/plastic-y surface that can't get traction on carpet, so when that glued rubber comes in touch with the carpet the car will slide rather than catch and flip. No?
Old 11-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default Magnuson CC 2014/2015 Rd4

The last vestiges of summer have truly washed away with the arrival of November, but with the farewell to the sun comes full-strength race nights at Magnuson Park. Our leaned down program sported 54 entries which meant full heats but also a reasonable wrap and even some open track between rounds. Truly, we are enjoying the best of our possible worlds. Let's hope it continues.

Scale Spec was dominated by Jacob Reyes, who TQ'd over a hard charging Mark Brown, but come the main, Jacob checked out early. While the overall was settled early, the fight for second was sharp and serious, as Mark, Adam, and Mike dueled for the entire race, trading places and paint from tone to tone. Adam ultimately prevailed, taking the runner-up, with Mike and Mark following in that order. Deserving mention was a fine battle for the B bump between Jackson and Jasmin. Jackson formally launched his racing career with his move out of the Novice ranks and into the scrum of Scale Spec. Jasmin served notice that the struggle upward will be easy for exactly zero steps of the way as she slapped back his pretensions by taking the B and the bump. Nevertheless, welcome to the ranks, Jackson. Strap it up!

The Stock 1/12th field welcomed back last season's top driver, Brad Curtis. Brad stepped back in more or less where he left off, but his fellow drivers, while happy to have him back, didn't serve it up on a platter. Erik and Ron did their utmost to pressure Brad, and in the end, kept him honest in pursuit of victory. The pressure was present throughout. Perhaps a tactical truce between Ron and Erik should be called next time so that their speed is saved for the chase of Brad and not spent on their own second place duel? In any event, it was a close race and a worthy win for Brad.

Novice was full, with two brand new drivers joining us, one long lost returner, and one bright promise for the future. Young Kelsen was unforgiving of Sean's mistakes and showed no mercy, taking the win with a consistent drive in the main. This is one seven-year-old to keep an eye on. His bloodline certainly gives a hint as to his potential. And think, he can race for the next ten years and still have not graduated high school! Oh, youth!

The defending Mod Touring National Champion set the high bar for his peers. And while Kody swept the night, Donny, Brett, Jake, and Darren showed the depth of the field with a ferocious contest for the two spot. I will call out Donny for a season thus far marked by persistence and determination in pursuit of results. Clearly, he has confidence in his program: a good car, competence on the bench, and resilience in the race. He took second, but it was no easy feat as Brett and and Jake allowed no room for error. The trio finished within two seconds of each other after six minutes of tension. Darren showed speed, but a too-aggressive drive into the sweeper lost him his back end and his position, tumbling him from third to eighth. He fought back to fifth by the tone.

Stock Touring saw the track record tumble twice, with Kody first knocking down Andrew's mark from the ECC, but then Andrew gathered himself and reposted his name atop the pile with a great drive in the second qual. It was a near thing, as both he and Kody were on pace for the new record, and in fact they both surpassed it. But for now, Andrew owns it. In the main, Andrew felt immediate, relentless pressure from Kody. With nose and tail literally overlapping, there was no gap. Kody had to take a couple tries at a clean pass, as such close quarters assure that there will be contact, but the opening finally came at halfway and Kody checked out. That left Jake, Andrew, and Donny to settle the runner up. Donny managed to separate himself, leaving Andrew and Jake to battle out the final podium spot.

Modified 1/12th was a small but determined threesome of myself, Tracy, and Stuart. Stuart posted his best qualifier to date, a 43 lapper with a 10.8 fast lap. Not bad for the young driver. I TQ'd and won, and Tracy struggled but eventually got his car in order and posted a solid main run.

The Timezone Gran Prix is this next weekend, and many of us will be in attendance. The Seattle RC Racers will pick up again the third week of this month, at the Hangar on Wednesday the 19th, and then the Community Center on the 22nd.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (66.8 KB, 65 views)
Round2.txt (68.1 KB, 81 views)
Round3.txt (54.6 KB, 117 views)
Old 11-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Race Videos from Seattle RC Racers club race November 1, 2014 :

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...Em-keCfOjrJXdj

Last edited by Magnet Top; 11-03-2014 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Questions:
What motor is Stuart running?
Was Andrew's car tweaked for the main? It didn't look quite right out on track.
Is 13.2 fast for Scale Spec? I can't remember.
What's the spool vs gear diff breakdown in Mod? I was running a spool, as I think Korey does.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Questions:
What motor is Stuart running?
Was Andrew's car tweaked for the main? It didn't look quite right out on track.
Is 13.2 fast for Scale Spec? I can't remember.
What's the spool vs gear diff breakdown in Mod? I was running a spool, as I think Korey does.
13.2 is not that's fast in SS. John and Garber hit 12s last year. John tsang crack 13.0 last weekend
Old 11-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'm not sure how we did 12's last year. My SS car is maxed out.

Who has a new Boss Motor for me to test?
Old 11-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Last edited by Logi Maker; 11-03-2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Multiple texts from multiple people telling me to STFU.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What socks was Stuart wearing?
Did Andrew have that tiny Reedy hat on?

Last edited by Logi Maker; 11-03-2014 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Being an ass.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Stuart has a 6.5 strapped in. It's got the endbell timing backed off 10 deg.

Opinions vary, but I think I like the lower turn/blinky combo better than the higher turn/boosted. I've tried both, and both have virtues. But I had my best results personally with the first. Actually, I continue to have them.

With Stuart, I have to constantly check him up. The instant he has one good run, he'll want me to "Add more boost, Dad." And I have to tell him no, I'll add more boost after one good race season. But, the same can and should apply to me. Whenever I've overpowered myself, the results are dismal. I think, with modified racing in general, and 1/12th definitely, the best long-term results are had by adding speed to consistency. That is, establish a consistent baseline and add speed from there. Don't start with an overpowered out of control bucket thinking to get a handle on it with practice. That's just frustration for everyone, including the other cars on the track.

Look at the guys at the top of the sheets at big mod races. And then start digging through past results. You'll find the same racers in modified five, ten, fifteen years ago. They've been able to absorb the increased speed over time. Starting up the mod mountain now, with the speed on tap, it's like getting hit in the head with a board. Start slow, be persistent and determined. Shrug off bad nights, bad weekends, big races where hopes were high and results were shy.

It takes a long time, but the satisfaction is there if the attitude is right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.