Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

not sure if I want to get in that ring..
Old 10-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

T-Minus 24hours before we are Seattle bound. I'm ready to trade some paint. Saturday needs to get here already!
Old 10-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robert Bakoczy
T-Minus 24hours before we are Seattle bound. I'm ready to trade some paint. Saturday needs to get here already!
+1 on that.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
I will not rest til your shaft drive looks like an "L".
I'm relieved to see that you included "drive" in that statement.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I am enjoying keeping up with worlds. Venue wise the carpet track didn't look as good as ours and I thought the layout was not very good but throughout the event it provided some great racing. Marc ran pretty much a box stock CRC with a different chassi plate, 2 more screws and a green center spring. His A2 was completley unbelievable to come back from a lidder to win. Insane.. loved watching Stelflue with his arm around Frank towards the end. Didn't really see anything too crazy in way of new stuff... just some intense racing. LiveRC is streaming live through Youtube and TC Q1 just finished up. Tenths are seperating these guys.. crazy. Q seeding is all about 3 fastest consecitive laps and not overall runs in practice so most guys were said to run 2 cars in the 5 minute sessions. Lemieux seems to be USA's only hope for the A at this point and was on a heater when he collected a dead car and dropped down 5 spots.. more Qs tomorrow and Finals on Sunday..
Old 10-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

That TC track is huge
Old 10-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Glad they cut it down.... 17 second laps as it is!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#...3-8BDF94D6E416
Old 10-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey All,
I am excited to be back in town, albeit for just a couple of days and then it's off to Las Vegas. Worlds in Tampa was a new experience, one that tested patience and tuning. The CRC HD2 carpet was perfectly laid. The course looked rather generic, but you could tell right away that it was going to take respect and giant balls to pull off solid laps for 8 minutes. The LGC sauce was also an unknown leading into this event. For the first time, pan cars were the only ones to lay a groove with no outside rubber tires to debate fuzzing. Everyone expected a groove to build quickly, but to everyones dismay, it never showed! 5 rounds of practice on Monday and Frank could have rolled the carpet back up and sold it as new! Drivers scrambled to find tire combos that would hook up let alone go 8. The Japanese practice on very low grip and so this level was right in their wheelhouse. Tires and wrenches were flying in the pits faster then 8 second laps on the track. For me personally, I was fighting wheel spin, enough rear grip and matching steering without grip. Eventually rear grip stabilized and I became proficient at drifting a mod 12 car around jagged corners. You had to be so light on the trigger and recognize the limit of grip everywhere. Round 1 in the books, a conservative run that finishes, but is not impressive. The approach of first finish and let others blow out was the game plan. Qualifying at Worlds is a Qual Points system, not rocket round. Round 2 I took a little more risky approach. I installed my prototype suspension to smooth out the "weird" and set it slightly aggressive in hopes to get more predictable steering and I had hopes that the track would come to the car. That resulted in another conservative run. Round 3 was quickly coming and I decided to leave the chassis, but change the tires. Result was another conservative run that was treacherous for the last 90 seconds. I just used up 3 runs of 6. They take 3 out of 6 for your overall result. I abort my front end as it was just not aggressive enough and the track was not coming to the car. The stock front end was reinstalled with more camber gain and another combo of tires. Round 4 was slightly faster but left some 10 seconds on the rug in trouble spots. I abort that set of tires, some more fine tuning to the esc. Finally in round 5 I am thrown a bone. The car works! 8 minutes, less drifting, no wheel spin, almost had steering, drove cleaner... result: I tack on 2 more laps to anything I have done. Still looking for a tick more steering, I go up on center spring. The stars and moons align. A good nights rest. A belly full of breakfast and cheep coffee. Round 6 I post up the best time of the week with a 49 lap run that I left only 4 seconds on the rug. That run, I could hang my hat on and be satisfied. The problem is, I am out of "tries". Qualifying is over. I land squarely in the front of the D Main. For a while, my fear was that I was going to be in the E where there were only a few drivers. I certainly didn't want to have my worlds experience come down that. The lowers were all double runs, add them up, here's your result. I made no changes to the car after Q6. Bolt on a set of freshies, charge the pack, grid 'em up! I felt I had enough car to win, but it wasn't going to come without some challenge. The owner of Morotech was fast! He inched away as I battled in 2nd and 3rd. I kept my head, I just had to drive it out. At the middle, there was a big crash sending the Morotech car off the track and out of contention. I had to catch a Swedish driver for the win, but the harder I pushed, the more errors I made stalling my charge. I conceded, deciding that a closer finish is better then a complete blow out. I will have to race him in D2 and achieve a higher result. I finished 2nd, 5 seconds back. That plan quickly came to an end. My D2 start was dismal. Every movement I made was wrong. The first 90 seconds were a disaster and mentally removed myself from the game plan. After a deep breathe, I climbed back on the horse. Said to myself: this is Worlds, finish it! I had a fast car. I was pulling away from the leaders. I respected those that kept their head on, but I picked up as many spots as I could and finished 5th. In the end, the math said that I finished 3rd in the D Main at Worlds. That is 33rd in the World. 13th in the US. Sure, there are many more drivers that I will take back seat to. But I went. I did the work. I made the show where others backed away. I went all rounds without a DNF. Finished all the mains. And got one hell of an experience out of it. And to cap it off, I got to watch Marc Reinhart, on our Team CRC, win the companies first world championship with class, dignity and precision. How cool is that!?!
Brian
Old 10-11-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just some track pics showing the ghost groove. After five rounds of practice. After all quals. A line up. And at the end of the day.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-img_0768.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-img_0771.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-img_0778.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-img_0779.jpg  
Old 10-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Updated SRCR series points attached below.

Bill S.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

I spot a Russian Concussion....
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-image.jpg  
Old 10-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

T- 3 hours.............
Old 10-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
I spot a Russian Concussion....
Nice, but that shot doesn't show the tears of anguish.

Actually having a great time while simultaneous "epic" failure in every regard. I think I left my usual intensity in Seattle !? Must be the muggy heat here !

It feels very odd that I won't be at the gym tonight! Enjoy guys, we have an amazing club !

Jake
Old 10-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Nice, but that shot doesn't show the tears of anguish.

Actually having a great time while simultaneous "epic" failure in every regard. I think I left my usual intensity in Seattle !? Must be the muggy heat here !

It feels very odd that I won't be at the gym tonight! Enjoy guys, we have an amazing club !

Jake

I know this is coming from your brother, and I generally will only say good things about you, but, it is an epic failure for all that don't win overall. There will be only one victor. You are good enough to be accepted to be able to compete in the Worlds and represent our club in doing so. You ran your practice heats with the racer that is vying for the overall win and were able to do so with a high level of ability. We are all proud of you, and Brian as well at the 1/12 worlds this year. We have Kody as the national champion this year too. It makes us all know what it takes to become better drivers by having drivers like you to run with, Thanks.

-a

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.