Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So, it's back to the shop after my trip to the woodshed with Bodine. He administered a fine beating and squared me up to the day. Still, I know more this morning than I did going into last night.

Brian let me drive his car which after 8 minutes was still a rocket with tons of steering. It will serve as a high standard of excellence. No lie, it's up there. But not out of sight.

Wednesday night 1/12th scale!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That's what happens when you start poking at the bee hive, Todd. Stirred up a little bit of trouble. I am pretty excited about CRC's new car. It doesn't have a name or a release date yet, but it's going to be worth it. If you haven't tried blu/gre yet in the CRC tires for stock, don't wait! It's the most consistent start to finish tire I have ever driven. Also, I was using a new Black Art Lola which is rumored to be even better then the Audi R8C. I A/B'ed the Lola vs the Toyota in practice and liked the Lola better. The Toyota is supposed to be the body for faster classes.

Franco, that is a motor dependent question, but start upper 80's.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Wait Toyota bodies? Where have i been
Old 10-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
That's what happens when you start poking at the bee hive, Todd. Stirred up a little bit of trouble. I am pretty excited about CRC's new car. It doesn't have a name or a release date yet, but it's going to be worth it. If you haven't tried blu/gre yet in the CRC tires for stock, don't wait! It's the most consistent start to finish tire I have ever driven. Also, I was using a new Black Art Lola which is rumored to be even better then the Audi R8C. I A/B'ed the Lola vs the Toyota in practice and liked the Lola better. The Toyota is supposed to be the body for faster classes.

Franco, that is a motor dependent question, but start upper 80's.
Do you mean "2014 Blu" fronts and "2014 Greene" rears?

Also, PF is coming out with a new body for stock tomorrow, this was posted in the 12th scale thread:

Old 10-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Had a lot of fun racing last night. Thanks go to Kyle for directing the race, getting everybody signed up and for bringing his damn Ricky Bobby car.

Good racing and thanks all,

Jerry
Old 10-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default trade

If anyone is interested to trade, I have NIP set of white CRC Pro-Cut black fronts and gray-low rears. Trade for motor cooling fan.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Off to the BiG Chill
Old 10-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Scale Spec

Building up a scale spec car - any of the 3 legal motors I should avoid at all costs? Or is one strictly better than the other two?

Can't wait for the next CC race! (I have a hard time making it to the Wednesday races...hard to get from downtown -> home -> H30 in time).
Old 10-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xen0ph0n
Building up a scale spec car - any of the 3 legal motors I should avoid at all costs? Or is one strictly better than the other two?

Can't wait for the next CC race! (I have a hard time making it to the Wednesday races...hard to get from downtown -> home -> H30 in time).
All 3 motors are equally competitive, so you can get whatever works for you.

Having said that, I don't believe anyone actually runs a silver can in SS this season. Most people have either the original ballistic or the BOSS version. The only difference between the two that I noticed is that the BOSS version seems to run a little cooler, probably due to the extra vents in the can. So, if your budget allows it, I would recommend the BOSS.

As for Wednesdays, do what I do: bring all your RC gear to work and leave it in your car. Then drive from work to the track. You can also charge batteries in between meeting
Old 10-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -jacob-
Off to the BiG Chill
Have fun at the Chill! Sorry I can't make it this year. The OGR crew is great. Cheers,
Old 10-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 2 Results

Two weeks, two Wednesday night races in a row….definitely a nice way to kick-off the season. A few things to remember for future races:
  • Registration fees are now $15 per car, and prepaid punch cards can now be purchased from Kody Knudtson. Please note the city will be collecting a portion of all cash transactions at our events moving forward, so we encourage all racers to use PayPal or the punch cards as much as possible.
  • Registration for families is $25; one car per family member, additional cars for family members are $15 apiece.
  • We have plenty of tables, but all racers are encouraged to bring their own chairs.
Scale Spec kicked things off with a B main which included dueling Minis from Grant and Garrett Griffith, making their first appearance at Hangar 30. The B Main was a close race between Jerry Boyle and me, and I was able to hold him off till the buzzer and take my second bump in a row to the A. The A Main saw Jacob Reyes take pole with Mark Brown in the 2 spot. A first-lap mishap dropped Mike Boyle from 3rd to the back of the pack, forcing him to battle his way back through traffic, finishing 6th. Rob Swan and John Vick (visiting us from NORA) had a tough run, getting caught in a couple incidents near the start which pushed them both to the back of the field. Jacob held the top spot for the first half, until a slow lap and corner marshal intervention dropped him to 2nd, with Mark taking the lead and never looking back.

Stock Touring had 9 entries for the qualifiers, 7 for the main event. Donny Banks laid down his customary quick laps, took pole and headed for home, promoting Bill Swadener to the prime grid spot for the main. Dick Reece (making his first appearance at H30) started 3rd, fell victim to a first-lap pile-up, then took the bit between the teeth and made a very determined drive back through the field, putting forth an impressive effort; I hope we get to see more of him this season. Bill found himself involved in an incident in the first minute, while Jacob kept his nose clean, took the lead, lit the afterburner and sliced through traffic for the win. Final result: Jacob 1st, Bill 2nd, Dick 3rd.

The Stock 1/12 grid was a carbon-copy of last week’s race, however the result was not. This is the first time I can recall seeing the entire field start and finish in the same spot. Everyone drove fast, consistent and clean laps, enjoying the improved H30 racing surface (we’re getting more and more bumps out of the rug each race) and honing their racecraft. Grid order and final result was Brian Bodine 1st, Todd Mason 2nd, Stuart Mason 3rd and Adam Gorski 4th. For those of you keeping tabs, that’s one win for Todd and the other for Brian – it will be interesting to see how the season shakes out between those two, and if Stuart can eek out that final bit of performance needed to take it to his two mentors. Time will tell.

Novice racers also came out in force – it’s a beautiful thing! Jackson Davis joined the ranks with a brand-new TC6.2 and well thought out approach to his racing program. Jackson joined returning racers Jeff Johnson, Tim Cook and Karla Boyle for some interesting on-track antics. Jackson and Jeff engaged in a “tortoise and the hare” style race, with Jeff’s car running at Scale Spec speeds and Jackson cutting the power back to about 2/3 speed. Jeff could run Jackson down in the straights, but Jackson’s consistent trips through the infield meant he was able to regain lost ground each lap. They seesawed back and forth for 5 minutes, with Jackson crossing the line in 1st on each and every lap, proving – at least on this occasion – that the tortoise can ultimately beat the hare. In the end, the returning drivers each improved on their previous week’s times and a new racer added a nice feather to his cap.

Good luck to our guys headed down to Worlds – we’re all rooting for you!

Results are attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (41.0 KB, 52 views)
Round2.txt (42.5 KB, 49 views)
Round3.txt (32.4 KB, 65 views)
Old 10-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Grid order and final result was Brian Bodine 1st, Todd Mason 2nd, Stuart Mason 3rd and Adam Gorski 4th.
I want to take a minute to commend Adam on the consistency he's showing with finishing in 4th place. The precision of his driving (as well as recent recruiting of Brian as crew chief) is proving to be hard to beat by those in 5th and further places. Impressive.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Do you mean "2014 Blu" fronts and "2014 Greene" rears?
Could it be Blue Rears and Grey fronts??
Old 10-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

No question: blue fronts, green rears. Yes, CRC spells it funny so not to be confused with the tires of old. OK, 25 years ago, but some of us still remember those combos.

Guys, thanks for the good wishes for Worlds. I will reek havoc on those not prepared. I will climb the ladder that is before me. A racer is a product of his environment. This club is a driving force. I am excited to compete at this event. There is a good chance I will be back for the CC race on the 11th. Feel free to ask me how it went.

Brian
Old 10-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
No question: blue fronts, green rears. Yes, CRC spells it funny so not to be confused with the tires of old. OK, 25 years ago, but some of us still remember those combos.

Guys, thanks for the good wishes for Worlds. I will reek havoc on those not prepared. I will climb the ladder that is before me. A racer is a product of his environment. This club is a driving force. I am excited to compete at this event. There is a good chance I will be back for the CC race on the 11th. Feel free to ask me how it went.

Brian
Fingers crossed and best of luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.