Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Husky football game at 3:00

Hi all,
If you are driving anywhere near the university district, Montlake bridge area, to get to the track be aware there is a 3:00 husky football game. Traffic will be very, very heavy around there. They usually close the main road in front of the stadium to buses only. Usually means don't even try drive that route. If coming from the south, go past and come in from north of the u district. East siders should likely look at options that don't exit at Montlake either.

You have been warned.

-Alex
Old 09-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have 2 sets of tamiya B3 premounts NIP for any of the TCS fans out there, I will never use. $30.00 each.. local can deliver to the CC or Hangar.

Also have a almost RTR 1/12th scale i wouldnt mind letting go.. Rc12r5.1 with inline conversion, reedy 17.5 sonic motor, LRP X12 13.5 with tuning rotor, tekin rs pro speedo, voltage booster, futaba servo, reedy 4000 1s lipo, Multiplex brand charger(only charges one pack at a time), Spectrum DX3 Radio, second receiver, AMB transponder. really the only things you would need to get it on the track is a Body, wheels, Pinions, and tuning stuffs. battery has less than 20 cycles thru it, motors were never abused.
call it $240ish. really i just dont want to see it sit on the shelf anymore
Old 09-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OMFG.....RACE DAY!!!111
Old 09-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if anyone sees a guy pressing his face against the gym doors chanting "open... open... open... open..." dont be scared.. im just excited...
Old 09-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Wait, there is a race today?

Old 09-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, since nobody else said it yet... WOOHOO! What a race night!

The track was down quicker than the laws of physics should allow, we had plenty of racers and some good battles, even if they weren't all clean Still, great time all around, thanks Todd and everyone else who made the first night a success.

Is it Wednesday yet?
Old 09-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So whos ready to buy my A-car. its a EVO and has all the good stuff...
Old 09-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Looked like some good racing last night, Harlan had a blast watching, until his energy spike took a nosedive.... Lol.
Can't wait to go racing soon!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Fun night. tight program. surprising to be done and packed up by 1030. I had alot of fun racing last night. Really getting a feel for the new car and what its capable of. look forward to wed night as i hopefully get my new radio.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Patiently waiting for Todd's stellar write up to confirm I missed out on a great time
I see he's lurking so he must be writing it up
Old 09-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2014/2015 Season Opener

And we're off. The start of our sixth season in Magnuson Park, and we're ripping it as strong as ever. 57 entries on the night, and a cut down program saw us wrapped up and out the door by 11. The pace in the pits was brisk but not rushed. We even had time to take short breaks between rounds so everyone had a chance to wrench and even get in a little practice. I don't think the practice sessions will hold as we get deeper into the season and the entry and heat counts go up, but to kick off the new season it was just the right thing. I would like to thank Alex for stopping by and shouldering the burden of race calling in round two and for the mains. His car isn't track-worthy quite yet, but he still wanted to witness the excellence in person. Also thanks to the many hands that were present for the setup and teardown. It was a rapid and expert demonstration of track building prowess by all. Well done!

Our foundation class, Scale Spec, promises more of the competitive racing we've come to expect these past several years. I'd like to call out the Nick vs. Jasmin battle in the B Main. Two of our youngsters, showing the happy result of the time invested by their dads. It was Nick who took the win and the bump to the A, but Jasmin proved she'll be earning a credible spot in the show as well if she can build on what she showed last night. Clean driving by both of our young drivers! At the top of the sheet it Was Doug taking the TQ and walkaway win. Two and three were stoutly contested by Kenny and Jim.

The Stock 1/12th field was given a stern lesson by Bay area veteran Tim Copp. Tim set and reset the TQ and then defended his pole position with a win. Nice driving, Tim! With last night's race, Tim has taken in both of our winter programs. I hope he will be back because he has raced at virtually every track in the country over the years and has a great perspective on the national scene. It's good to hear how everyone else is doing it: what works, what is weird but intriguing, and what to be wary of.

We had novices, yes we did. Sean, Michael, and Logan got their race on. Michael is a first-timer and took advantage of our loaner program to get a feel for the sport. He'll be back! A thank you here to Adam for stepping up to take on the nightly loaner program duties. It's an important role Adam, and the club thanks you for your investment in our future.

Modified Touring was as tight as at it gets at the top. Korey, Dave, and Andrew were separated by 1 1/2 seconds after round two, with Korey taking the TQ honors. Unfortunately for him, a gremlin took a seat behind his wheel and he was not able to make the start. A pity. But, Andrew and Dave did their best to account for the loss by throwing down a spectacular duel which saw Dave take the honors. It was a showcase drive by both in our showcase class. They know where the action is in Modified Touring. It's here in Seattle.

Our Stock tourers were confronted by an unexpected menace. Someone didn't have his sh!t together, so he borrowed a ride for the night. That ride had a 17.5 motor in it. Said someone bore a striking resemblance to a panda bear trained in the art of kung fu and ramen noodle manufacture. That said bamboo gobbler might also be in possession of the extant Modidfied Touring national title would be something other than a remarkable coincidence. Further, that he should have TQ'd and won the main would be a shock to none present. Rounding out the results 2-3-4 were Devin, Mike, and Donny who put up a good fight amongst each other.

Finally, despite missing a couple of our regulars, Modified 1/12th fired off its season with blazing speed and the fastest laps of the night. Team VBC ruled the night, with Dave and Korey in a race of their own. Dave prevailed, taking the TQ and win. Tracy is back, and joining us from the Stock ranks is Stuart. Stuart handled it well, and on his first time out crossed the first threshold of the new mod racer. He was faster than the Stock TQ for the night, and he also was faster than the Stock track record, proving that the additional power isn't wasted on him. He's 9 years old, and signs are that he will continue to improve over time.

Again, our sixth season has officially commenced. Thank you to all of those who have stuck with us over the years, and here's to the many more who we have not yet met who will swell our number in the seasons to come. It's all on you , and it's going well. Well done, Seattle RC Racers!

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (60.9 KB, 73 views)
Round2.txt (62.8 KB, 85 views)
Round3.txt (49.1 KB, 155 views)
Old 09-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Playlist of Mains ~ 9-20-2014

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...CZRiMQPcn3fH4I
Old 09-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Oh man... Franko, sorry about the paint-trading pass in the stock 12th main. I thought I did a decent job but now I see that I muscled my way through the inside.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default PayPal

A quick note on race fees and PayPal.

We encourage racers to pay with PayPal if it's convenient and they are comfortable with it. The club's PayPal address is: [email protected]

We are also more than happy to continue taking cash for entry fees at the event. You'll get no static either way.

For those paying via PayPal, please note that all fees are notated on the entry sheet and I will check to make sure the balance due is fulfilled. We will not take an entry for a next race until all fees are paid from the last race. That said, it looks like I've got just about everyone paid up from our first night, so I thank you.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default Carpooling Tomorrow?

Hi all,

I'm thinking about racing tomorrow night at Hangar 30. My dad is busy, so I just wanted to check if anyone out there could carpool? I live in Richmond Beach in Shoreline.

Anyway, send me a message if you can help with a trip there and back. I just wanted to see if racing is possible at all. This won't be a regular thing; it's my last free Wednesday before school starts next week!

Peace,
Sam

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.