Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by driveOrGolf

I thought I'd get back into things slowly and it looked like 1/18th scale could use some more racers. Or is the 1/18th scale division likely to go away from lack of racers?
Hi David,
The 1/18 guys are a dedicated crew who support the club at nearly every race. I wouldn't see the class going away unless it dropped to less than 3 or 4 entries consistently (personal speculation, I'm not speaking for the rules committee or the racers). I've been racing onroad less than 2 years, but haven't seen the class grow significantly...that could very well change with a shift in interest. Typically the 1/10 classes are the most populated with wider variance of driver skill (17.5, novice, etc.). So it's a 'chicken or the egg' question...do I start up in a less populated class and help it gain momentum, or do I start up in an already very popular class and likely get my a$$ handed to me at first?
Hopefully you get some more opinions here. Whatever you choose, hope to see you out soon!
--Bill
Old 10-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was a spectator on Wednesday, but now I have the d$%n racing itch again.

What are the specs for 1/18th scale? I'm leaning toward an XRay M18 Pro, but I'm lost in the mire of motor and battery choices.
- David
Hey David, I offer you "Encouragement" as well as "Welcome" to "Our Carpet Racing Club!" I will give you a Xray M18, w/everything to make it go (Minus Tx &Rx), car has Multiplex steering servo, 3 MaxAmp 1100mA Lipo's, Mamba Brushless system, setup w/M18pro axles (for Foam tires),PF Stratus body, spare parts, as well as a few Tires. I also have a Novak Mongoose system (13.5 &10.5 motors) and an Electrofly polycharger, (Those I'd hope to sell). I recommend that you contact Drew Robinson (oxynary), for some assistance in getting into the 18th scale class, as I'm sure he could help make things happen faster for you. Send me a PM if this interests you.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Some Getting Back into Racing Questions

A very generous offer. Let's talk. PM sent.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just letn you guys know that we will have small 64p spurs and huge pinions in stock very soon. This includes the new Kimbrough small spurs!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:48 AM
piper48

Rdog.. you gots a P.M.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hangar 30 Halloween Race Raffle!

The fabulous prize package: Two (2) NIP sets of Jaco Blues and one NIP Mazdaspeed 6 touring car body. The essentials!

Raffle tickets will be $5 each or 3 for $10, all proceeds will benefit the Seattle RC Racers club and race program. Be there!
Old 10-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Well guys I might not have to leave all my buddies afterall.....Im going to try and make the next sat race with you all.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rdog
Well guys I might not have to leave all my buddies afterall.....Im going to try and make the next sat race with you all.
rock on!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/12 SCALE

Nice Gen X 12th Scale in Northwest For Sale Thread and Brand new Tamiya Suzuki Swift

Last edited by C_Bro; 10-25-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

As a rookie myself I might recommend running 1/10 since it is main stream and there is a nice path to run with racers at your same level. Start with Novice, bump up to scale spec, and then stock.

That said, I just bought an XRay M18 Pro to play with while I hone my 1/10 skills running in scale spec. They are cheap (relatively speaking), I get bored running only 1 class per night, and it looks like a nice fit for a beginning/intermediate driver. I could have gone with a second 1/10 car or a 1/12, but after running stock about 9 months ago a couple of times, and getting lapped about 3 laps into the race, I decided it wasn't for me, yet (I will be back).

I too am hoping the 1/18 class with 3 guys that have been running 1/18 for the last NN years grow. They have already grown by 1 with Kent participating. I will be the second when I get everything put together. Doubt I will make it by Wednesday, but I will definitely be running in 3 weeks.

Either way you go it will be a blast. Racing RC cars gives everyone in the club a total buzz. On top of that, the crew that runs at Hanger 30 is helpful and welcoming (as you can tell by the car offer). Before long you will have a couple of cars and thinking about buying another.

I was a spectator on Wednesday, but now I have the d$%n racing itch again. There must be something in the wintergreen aroma... I spent a couple seasons racing 10th scale electric on-road in the 80s with SARCAR.

I thought I'd get back into things slowly and it looked like 1/18th scale could use some more racers. Or is the 1/18th scale division likely to go away from lack of racers?

What are the specs for 1/18th scale? I'm leaning toward an XRay M18 Pro, but I'm lost in the mire of motor and battery choices. I'm familiar with Novak and Tekin from 20+ years ago, so was leaning toward a Novak brushless setup with Li-Po, but don't want to plunk down money for something that doesn't fit the specs.

Help?

Thanks,
- David
Old 10-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Ready for 18th scale

Originally Posted by rknott
Either way you go it will be a blast. Racing RC cars gives everyone in the club a total buzz. On top of that, the crew that runs at Hanger 30 is helpful and welcoming (as you can tell by the car offer). Before long you will have a couple of cars and thinking about buying another.
Thanks Ron. It's good to hear 18th scale will be growing.

I've been blessed by Lynn's remarkable generosity. I'm still stunned. He gave me an almost complete race setup! I've purchased a radio, tires and a few miscellaneous parts to complete things and I now have the car running. I still need to work on cleaning the bearings more thoroughly, but I'm otherwise race ready and looking forward to it!

I haven't even raced yet, but I can see you're right that another car is in my future...
Old 10-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming
Default rc plus

Seattle.........are you guys packed up and on the way yet?
Old 10-24-2009, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drillit
Seattle.........are you guys packed up and on the way yet?
We are heading out at 5am...

K
Old 10-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
We are heading out at 5am...

K
Hey Mark, they are leaving Seattle at 5 am, we were helping lay the carpet at 5 am? Whats up with that?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up October 28th

I've set aside most of the weekend and the first two workweek evenings for getting ready to race this Wednesday.

17.5 anyone?

-Greg

PS if anyone is eyeballing the HPI cup racer, I will have mine with me. If I can come to a charitable agreement with my addiction to chassis, it will be up for sale soon. This next race would be a good time for someone to bind-n-drive some test laps in any case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.