Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yeah yeah. but i seen the national champ race loooong before all of you guys ever had. lol.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's more than I would like to spend on a car. Besides I don't think a Awesomatix could fix my driving. I'll probably end up with a TC6.1 WC or point two since I've got spare parts for it already.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
T4'14. It's cheaper by the time you factor in DCJs, real shocks, and all the parts you'll break. Clegg from Denver is selling one, maybe shoot him a PM?

Of course you already have spares and springs for TC6.1, and xray springs are spendy.

-Mike
Speaking of spendy Xray parts... apparently $50 gets you one DCJ, not a set. Ask me how I know and if I paid for shipping twice.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

I'm on the fence too, Lem. There's no way I'm popping for a brace of Awesomatix TC's for Stuart and myself. XRay or AE? Fortunately, I have another month to think about it.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I'm on the fence too, Lem. There's no way I'm popping for a brace of Awesomatix TC's for Stuart and myself. XRay or AE? Fortunately, I have another month to think about it.
I have always thought AE made a great Car... I have been told The Xray is a great car. the xray that mike supplied at the enduro proved to me it was tough and very capable.. However I still prefer a AE.. maybe its just cause mine still has some panda sweat on it....
Old 03-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Looks like I am an official backmarker in the Kody fanboy race....

lapped again..... oh well... still having fun.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Speaking of spendy Xray parts... apparently $50 gets you one DCJ, not a set. Ask me how I know and if I paid for shipping twice.
Ugh, I could have tolf you that. The xray ECS aren't even good. Spec-r and done.

-Mike
Old 03-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Ugh, I could have tolf you that. The xray ECS aren't even good. Spec-r and done.

-Mike
last time I checked the xray ecs shafts were the beez kneez!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Last time you checked they were probably still using 2mm pins that didn't break, but you had to wrap them with something to keep them from falling apart.

They may have better performance when constantly maintained. But I've been running Spec-R V2 for 2 years now, and had only 2 problems, both with big hits while learning to wrangle mod, only one of which actually broke the joint.

-Mike
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

EMR Factory carries Roche ECS's that have worked out awesome so far and less than $50 for a PAIR! Kody might have some also
Old 03-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Last time you checked they were probably still using 2mm pins that didn't break, but you had to wrap them with something to keep them from falling apart.

They may have better performance when constantly maintained. But I've been running Spec-R V2 for 2 years now, and had only 2 problems, both with big hits while learning to wrangle mod, only one of which actually broke the joint.

-Mike
I've had nothing but trouble with the Spec-R V2 DCJs, if I had a dollar for every time I lost a pin on impact I'd have more money to buy replacement pins. Seriously, it has been one of my big pain points. I looked at the design of the Xray DCJs and they look like they will hold up better. In practice we'll see. 2mm pins with indents for the set screw, I'll wrap the collar in heat shrink for good measure. If I just threw $100 into the mud, I'll consider that a lesson learned.

The RSD DCJs were also an option, but they've been out of stock for a while it seems. But if the Xray fall apart, maybe I'll try those.

Perhaps I should just stop running into pipes at speed
Old 03-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone tried to retrofit the Awesomatix ECS / DCJ's onto other cars ? There was a time the Awesomatix version broke easily but one critical piece was upgraded over a year ago and now it is rare that they fail. I think the TC6 uses the same smaller wheel bearings that the Awesomatix uses ( 6 x 10 x 3 )...
Old 03-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

hmmm.

should I get an A car for scale spec?

I really love running SS, but I dont even think if I got a 6.2, that I could catch Dan right now.

Lem - send me a PM, I think my time with the sexray is coming to an end.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn

Lem - send me a PM, I think my time with the sexray is coming to an end.
PM sent.

Anyone have a spare TC6.1 top deck they want to sell? Need one by next CC race.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

I've had nothing but trouble with the Spec-R V2 DCJs, if I had a dollar for every time I lost a pin on impact I'd have more money to buy replacement pins. Seriously, it has been one of my big pain points.
Was it you that I suggested swapping your DCJs left to right due to the orientation of the pin retaining clips? If so, did you ever do that? Pinching the clips is also a good idea.

Perhaps I should just stop running into pipes at speed
That does help. But I still do my share of pipe clipping in mod.

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Has anyone tried to retrofit the Awesomatix ECS / DCJ's onto other cars ? There was a time the Awesomatix version broke easily but one critical piece was upgraded over a year ago and now it is rare that they fail. I think the TC6 uses the same smaller wheel bearings that the Awesomatix uses ( 6 x 10 x 3 )...
The TC6 did, but I think the 6.1 onward uses normal 5x10x4.

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
I really love running SS, but I dont even think if I got a 6.2, that I could catch Dan right now.
When I shook down the enduro car, and Dan was like a lap and 3 seconds ahead of me, I felt like some setup work could take a big chunk out of that. He might have a wee bit of a speed advantage on the straight, but the majority of it is in the corners, and my car was a bit sluggish and bound up that night.

-Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.