Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 03-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You rolling with a blackberry or something?
Old 03-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
You rolling with a blackberry or something?
Ol' LG Mint Chocolate phone
Old 03-10-2014, 07:37 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

anybody from Everett are coming down to H30 this wed nite races?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Don't see my self racing much sale! Top rebel 10 wgt for sale, roller 150! Will Hand deliver to the hanger if needed, nows your chance to see if it's the driver or the car, either hang with bodine or not, cause this car will
Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

No worries still keeping the 1/12 to come play sometimes
Old 03-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcHammer
Mr. Dan..... you said the other night that your car was setup to NOT make traction... I've been turning this over in my head and replaying how your car carves corners and carries speed... how does a car without traction carve corners sooo hard?

Erik
I'm guessing by traction he meant lateral grip. When you have a car that makes a lot of grip, it scrubs speed in the corners. Sometimes it can be faster if it slides just a little. But that requires having the balance spot-on and being able to wheel it consistently.

Case in point: My Scale Spec car last summer had terrible corner-entry oversteer. But at the FastTrax round of the NW Asphalt challenge, where the layout basically consisted of hairpins and high-speed kinks, the car was really fast, because it would just flick the back end without scrubbing speed, and then I could nail the throttle and be gone. But then it was just horrible at Fantasy World.

A good way to start is knocking your rear toe down to 2* if you haven't already. For scale spec, that is.

-Mike
Old 03-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
your pictures are fine. its just me. one of my silly little wtf's, (I have a few) I've been told to buy a real computer/phone which usually means a apple product which is fine, but I chose to buy a new car instead of a I pad lol.

I've also been told I need to resize my screen resolution and the issue goes away. what happens on my end is you post a pic and it makes the entire page bigger which mean I have to scroll back and forth to read someone comment and see the picture. no one will ever complain but me, so I know its just me. (doesn't mean I won't complain) just don't take it personal.
No its not just You. I think its just us old Bastards. Kinda like how pissed I was getting at the E-Frickin Cig/Pipe vapor what ever the F%$# it is inside a "Pubic" Building that its verboten to have food nor drink on the floor. not to mention theres a Law against such action. If I can smell it it can't be good to breathe.

Next time I'll just Shit Myself and let everyone deal with the Stench.

While I'm worked up... Why can't Heats start at 6:00/ do we really need an Hour and a half of practice? getting home at 2:00/3:00 dst is over the top. I have a Grandson who would like to make a regular appearance.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
While I'm worked up... Why can't Heats start at 6:00/ do we really need an Hour and a half of practice? getting home at 2:00/3:00 dst is over the top. I have a Grandson who would like to make a regular appearance.
By no means do I want to ruffle any feathers, but we're hard pressed for any real practice time as it is. NORA seems to be the only place where one can truly test setups without hurry, but many don't make it up there and now the season is over. Still, that hour to hour and half of practice before our races is huge for those of us who are still learning setups and want to test things out.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would rather have that little bit of practice time and get home late and sleep in on sunday morning. rather than have no practice time and get done early. if you want to go to bed early either do not come, or leave early. but i think the populous will vote to have that hour to hour and a half of practice time.

remember its a temporary track and nobody get practice unless the track is set up. i think that is why we get to have that time to practice and make sure our cars are ok to race. there is not any other place to practice or set up our cars during the winter months.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's great to see the young faces on the stand. I also know the late hours can be punishing.

We actually do get started at 6pm for the whole first half of the season, September through December. It's just right now, the January through March block, when basketball is in until 5pm that we are rolling Q1 at 7pm.

I can't really see getting everything together in much less time than 2 hours, particularly with 80+ entries. I certainly feel like I'm on the hop from the moment I arrive. I also want to say that everyone was commendably on their game this last time and ready to go.

I get it, though. It's late. It's this three months that are especially tough.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcHammer
Mr. Dan..... you said the other night that your car was setup to NOT make traction... I've been turning this over in my head and replaying how your car carves corners and carries speed... how does a car without traction carve corners sooo hard?

Erik
Mike explained it except balance. Again it's just removing the mechanical grip of the chassis so that it does not slow the car through the middle of the turn.
If you have too much mech grip then it's the same as applying the brakes. It will also smooth the car through the middle because it's not causing the car to overly slow down or transfer the weight to the front which done right make a car feel on rails, done wrong and you're doing the Ruete shuffle through the turn. Because it's trying to spin you don't carry the speed through the middle of the turn.
You can get there in different ways springs/ oil/ roll center all are correct in some degree but when they are all together you suddenly look like you have Panda power.
Glad to discuss or try to help you figure it out next race. I should be there but might have to miss it due to working on 1:1 corner speed in the S4 on Sunday the 23rd @ The Ridge.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

If we changed layout at the start of the season, maybe we could keep the start time at 6:00 for the second half, because everyone's got the track dialed in?

-Mike
Old 03-11-2014, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Who's up for invading TZ2 on Saturday? Korey and I are heading down. And I seem to have instigated some mod TC action.

-Mike
Old 03-11-2014, 04:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Thank Gawd there's no Novice in there...embarrassing main for me...servo was stripped to hell as well. Not an excuse, I'd have been bad regardless. I really have to stay off the white lines and focus on the black ones and I wouldn't strip out mah servo..
Don't worry about being bad, it's Novice, afterall. My first race I was traction rolling on every corner; I couldn't find a straight line if it was drawn on me. So, you aren't alone on that "aw shi" driving Heck, I may not even get to race next round because I'm trying to change my motor and gearing. It would be LOL to see the Novice mains tho. I wanna see what I missed while trying to avoid crashing into everyone
Old 03-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
If we changed layout at the start of the season, maybe we could keep the start time at 6:00 for the second half, because everyone's got the track dialed in?

-Mike
We ended up with a half season change to keep it interesting so many were not bored by the same track all season. Starting with the same track we had for the last half of the season after a summer break makes getting back up to speed better for many, allowing for good racing out of the gate at the start of the next. Every option has its good points or bad points.

Keep the ideas coming, maybe a something that will help will crop up.

-a

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.