Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
As we look forward to the prospect of new carpet later in the season, larger layouts, and the requisite lane dividers, I would like to reiterate a light-is-right philosophy as regards our track hardware. I was very encouraged by the way the dots worked out in the infield this past Sunday (not the least was it cool to watch cars F1 over them with their inside tires as they took the turn at speed.)

At our next race I think we will replace the flapper at the end of the sweeper (infield entrance) with a short row of dots. And over time, I think we will be well-served to use the least amount of pipe possible. I am not advocating for getting rid of all pipe dividers, it clearly has its place. But I think what we are used to, and what we actually need diverged at some point in the misty past.

Check the "dividers" on this track in the upcoming Euro Pan Series. This is a permanent track, and it certainly stands to reason that the club cultivates novices, too.

Anyway, something to ponder.

Todd M.
reminds me of road rails, unless you have plenty of space and wide lanes, disaster ahead
Old 09-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Verndog
That wont work...there would be too little $$ in spare parts sales!
i dunno man.. i think you'd find more head on collision damage at an event where the walls didnt stop cars.... i'm sure it evens out. think about about it this way.. idjit A makes a mistake and slides out on the the end of the straight.... idjt b isnt watching where he's going at full pull and boom.. physics at its best waalaaa.. parts sales.. haha
Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1:12 Reading

Here's the handy, classic Chang's 1:12 Tips. It deserves to be reposted every month or so.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Chang's 12th Tips.pdf (13.5 KB, 189 views)
Old 09-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

As we look forward to the prospect of new carpet later in the season, larger layouts, and the requisite lane dividers, I would like to reiterate a light-is-right philosophy as regards our track hardware. I was very encouraged by the way the dots worked out in the infield this past Sunday (not the least was it cool to watch cars F1 over them with their inside tires as they took the turn at speed.)

At our next race I think we will replace the flapper at the end of the sweeper (infield entrance) with a short row of dots. And over time, I think we will be well-served to use the least amount of pipe possible. I am not advocating for getting rid of all pipe dividers, it clearly has its place. But I think what we are used to, and what we actually need diverged at some point in the misty past.

Check the "dividers" on this track in the upcoming Euro Pan Series. This is a permanent track, and it certainly stands to reason that the club cultivates novices, too.

Anyway, something to ponder.

Todd M.
I was not sold on the dots at first. In fact I didn't like them at all after my first battery pack and I told Kody so. But after having run the day on them I have changed my my and think that we should look to replace quite a few corners with dots. Entrance and exit of the infield and the 2nd corner of the infiield,(right side heading away) And maybe even the chicane after that corner.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I like the dots. I like being able to tuck into a corner without having to nose under a flapper that's just gonna wedge the car. Yes they can launch a car but only if you hit them. I enjoyed the track exactly how it was. I liked how the midfield was split in half with a row of dots, made getting through the track when griding up much easier. Made passing disruptive traffic during practice much easier as well.

I would be for more dots but do expect more car launching especially in novice and mini. Actually it may help the minis...
Old 09-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I thought the dots worked out well where they were used and if they make track setup easier, expand their usage throughout the infield. I would advise against using them in higher speed corners like sweepers on and off the straight where contact would launch cars off the track.

Mark
Old 09-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Oooohhh, man I got me some 1/12 fever.

Good thing a special delivery is on it's way to keep me busy.

Oct 14 can't get here soon enough!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Race Results

We now have Race Results page at the club's website:

http://seattlercracers.com/race-results/

It shows results of qualifying and mains, plus the current points standings by class for the Saturday Series.

Thanks to Mike DuTemple for taking charge of the points for the H30 season.

Todd M.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

We've got 1/12th scale tires!!!! Jaco Prisms in yellow and pink rears, and double pink fronts. Get them while they last!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Video from 9/20

Short video clip from the first race day at Seattle RC Racers in Hanger 30.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Road Trip to Salem

I'm planning to drive to Salem on October 24 for the Saturday race at RC Plus. I've got room for three others and all of our stuff. I'll buy the gas, just need the company. Early morning departure, evening return. PM me if you want to come along.

Todd M.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default icup

Todd, is the hpi cup racer running a 21.5 in the mini class? Thanks bubba
Old 10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mempa
Todd, is the hpi cup racer running a 21.5 in the mini class? Thanks bubba
Hey Bubba,

There was a flurry of interest in the Cup Racer last spring, but they never showed at the track. I think most agree that it is a supercool little car, but I also think it could be problematic to run them with the Tamiya M-Chassis. A lot of speculation points toward the Cup Racer being unfairly advantaged as compared to the M-Chassis, though I have yet to see a live comparison. The situation for the Hangar program is that we want to give Mini a chance to take root and thrive. There is a known crowd of Mini drivers, and I would hate to see the Cup Racer chase off the Mini guys by just blowing the Tamiya chassis off the track. At the same time, I am not interested in creating another three car class with the hope that it grows, only to see it limp along with low turnout.

Concentration of energy is the key here. I think we could see whether the Cup Racer and Mini can in fact run together, but it would certainly have to be with the Tamiya silver can motor. The brushless route opens up a whole can of contention that this simple, humble little car doesn't deserve to burdened with. Mini's are old school, scale little beasts that are imbued with a certain je ne sais quoi. To run a Mini, to invest in it, to master it, singles one out as frankly a little eccentric, though in a delightful way. They present us with the unlikely fusion of Japanese and British sensibilities, which similarities which were previously undiscerned.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default french fried

Thank you Todd for getting back to me. It's too bad the cars are not on the same level. I understand your point and agree you dont want to chase guys off. Good turnout is a blessing and shouldn't be taken for granted. Oh well, I will find something to run at your series this winter.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Bubba,

There was a flurry of interest in the problematic scale little beasts that are imbued with a certain je ne sais quoi.
Me thinks you must be "Talk'n Bout" some kinda "Mushrooms", eh?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.