Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WGT drivers only.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

And Fred as the title say's WGT Drivers only remember you bailed out of this class...............................

Again if my opinions are that far out in left field why is this one of the most popular topics on RCTECH.

Also look at the entry list at the NOVAK race.... WGT is the smallest class, while just a month an half ago at Cleveland it was one of the largest????????????????????????????????????????
Old 01-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916
Yeah there probably is not much wheel to wheel racing at TZII

What a joke...... I guarantee you we got more laps, in more configurations, and more WGT cars than any track in the N.W.
pretty sure you missed what i was saying. see the above post for clarification.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Legend

love it ! can`t even agree with how slow they should go with a class that Ritchie wont even race....
Old 01-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

And Fred as the title say's WGT Drivers only remember you bailed out of this class...............................

Again if my opinions are that far out in left field why is this one of the most popular topics on RCTECH.

Also look at the entry list at the NOVAK race.... WGT is the smallest class, while just a month an half ago at Cleveland it was one of the largest????????????????????????????????????????
Also consider the fact that they do not run 1/12th scale at the Novak. I would say most of the guys running WGT also run 1/12
Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
love it ! can`t even agree with how slow they should go with a class that Ritchie wont even race....
PLEASE
THE title say's WGT Drivers only
Old 01-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

I'm hoping this summer race we will have the wgt 17.5 lipo....hopefully we can get all the WGT together
Old 01-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

and if you were to look over your shoulder at this very moment you would see my WGT car sitting between Jose and myself.

and lets not forget, since MOST drivers are now running stock motors in the Mod class at TRCR the Mod class as grown by leaps and bounds
Old 01-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What does it take to establish a class in an area like Seattle/Tacoma? It takes a core group of people (four people is probably enough) who enjoy the class (close racing is usually required for enjoyment), show up regularly (predictably) to run it, and are approachable so folks who aren't running the class but might like to get their questions answered (e.g. explaining just how carefully or not those round cells need to be treated). It also helps if the equipment required (initially and per-race) is not too expensive, and if skill level required for the racing is not too high (this was where Ritchie started the thread, by wondering aloud if WGT cars might become too fast to attract a good number of racers).

Discussions on RCTech are not helpful except to the extent they lead to the formation of that core group of people. The core group of people set the rules and those who follow live with them.

So IMHO the way this gets settled is by people banding together to make actual racing happen, for themselves and then for others. The group that reaches critical mass first makes the rules. The proof of the rules is in the racing that results.

So for instance if Ritchie Reynolds and Mike DuTemple and Mike Crosier and Mike Clifton all decided to race WGT (with 4-cells / 13.5) at SIR on the Saturdays when there is no silver can racing, and told everybody that they intended to do so, I'll bet that something good would happen.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
What does it take to establish a class in an area like Seattle/Tacoma? It takes a core group of people (four people is probably enough) who enjoy the class (close racing is usually required for enjoyment), show up regularly (predictably) to run it, and are approachable so folks who aren't running the class but might like to get their questions answered (e.g. explaining just how carefully or not those round cells need to be treated). It also helps if the equipment required (initially and per-race) is not too expensive, and if skill level required for the racing is not too high (this was where Ritchie started the thread, by wondering aloud if WGT cars might become too fast to attract a good number of racers).

Discussions on RCTech are not helpful except to the extent they lead to the formation of that core group of people. The core group of people set the rules and those who follow live with them.

So IMHO the way this gets settled is by people banding together to make actual racing happen, for themselves and then for others. The group that reaches critical mass first makes the rules. The proof of the rules is in the racing that results.

So for instance if Ritchie Reynolds and Mike DuTemple and Mike Crosier and Mike Clifton all decided to race WGT (with 4-cells / 13.5) at SIR on the Saturdays when there is no silver can racing, and told everybody that they intended to do so, I'll bet that something good would happen.
Very well said Mark. I believe this is how the current silver can Saturday series got started. Then Dan and a few others grew it from there and added the trans am class. This all started with a few people having an idea and then one of them stepping up to organize an event.

If a few people just start showing up regularly and have a fun time racing others will follow when the word gets out.

So who's going to step up and set the standard?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
i see pete, lurking, whats up buddy
Whats up Richie. Just seeing what this WGT is all about. Looks like it has potential. Hope that it doesn't become a flavor-of-the-month class.

Pete
Old 01-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pete Thomas
Whats up Richie. Just seeing what this WGT is all about. Looks like it has potential. Hope that it doesn't become a flavor-of-the-month class.

Pete
Hi Pete
I changed over to the O ring suspension instead of the Piviot ball setup. Is seem to me the made it easier and more predictable to drive.
T

Last edited by Goingfast; 01-04-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pete Thomas

Pete
thats why were trying to come up with a set a rules to make everyone happy, probably going to with something along the lines of Bens suggestion but without the points and team stuff.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr Grim

If a few people just start showing up regularly and have a fun time racing others will follow when the word gets out.

So who's going to step up and set the standard?
a few of did just that on Friday nights, but it got very loney waiting for everyone to show.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
a few of did just that on Friday nights, but it got very loney waiting for everyone to show.
Ya! like every Friday night for 2yrs, Funny how all the old time regulars don't come around anymore, all new faces now.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I might have sold out, but I'm still in third in the points!
Seems I'm still ahead of you, and that does make my opinion count.
Say, didn't I see Darren change the rules back to 13.5, must be from the dissmal class at the last series race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.