Like Tree14Likes

T.R.C.R. ---Pit's Talk---

Old 10-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0adman
So is there any sort of unwritten or unspoken etiquette about allowing a driver on the lead lap to pass if he's faster or maybe not get into the back of him over and over again? Boy that would be sweet if everyone agreed on that little courtesy.
Nicely put. Wish it would have happened yesterday but oh well.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

There is however a rule about not intentionally cutting the track. And I don't believe swear words are appropriate on the drivers stand either. There are kids up there....
Old 10-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

THIS FRIDAY HALLOWEEN 10-31-08 WILL BE OPEN TO NITRO AS WELL AS ELECTRIC
SO DONT MISS OUT
RCPRO SERIES PRACTIC WILL OPEN FRIDAY 10:00 - 6:00PM
REOPEN SATURDAY MORNING 7:45 FOR OPEN PRACTIC 8:00-9:45

SEE YOU ALL THERE

MIKEL
Old 10-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitCrew
There is however a rule about not intentionally cutting the track. And I don't believe swear words are appropriate on the drivers stand either. There are kids up there....
That's a good reminder and I can't say I'm not guilty.

I had easily the worst day of RC racing in my short career Saturday. After getting crushed in the shin by a buggy while courtesy marshaling resulting in lacerations and a huge bruise, not finishing both qualifiers and getting mugged by lap traffic in the B Main I was having trouble keeping my language age appropriate. Not an excuse. I'll clean it up (although I can't imagine you were just speaking to me).
Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Rate Mike Vito-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/allison...57608464492383
Old 10-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

If you've EVER raced with George..... This picture should mean a lot to ya.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teambighead
If you've EVER raced with George..... This picture should mean a lot to ya.

Are we gonna have to wait for him to "plug it in"?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Losi Chaser
Are we gonna have to wait for him to "plug it in"?
LOL... I had to plug it in for him.... He couldn't do it on his own....
Old 10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

9.75 for effort
Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

10 cause he still has on clothes (thank goodness)
Old 10-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t0adman
That's a good reminder and I can't say I'm not guilty.

I had easily the worst day of RC racing in my short career Saturday. After getting crushed in the shin by a buggy while courtesy marshaling resulting in lacerations and a huge bruise, not finishing both qualifiers and getting mugged by lap traffic in the B Main I was having trouble keeping my language age appropriate. Not an excuse. I'll clean it up (although I can't imagine you were just speaking to me).
No, more to the guy in the picture holding the pace maker...
Old 10-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Legend

Default Waaaaa !

Gag Me !
You drove right up my azz , I got it on video ....

I watched it over & over ....
Old 10-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

does the video show you in CJ in a battle, then you missing the triple and cutting the track, and not waiting but instead continue driving as if that was ok to do, hows the sound on the video, can you hear all the boos and brian telling you to wait, you did stop, but right in the middle of the driving line, (not off to the side where most people pull over) when CJ hit your rear tire trying to go around and flipped, you took off, CJ should have had that position. if not for you cutting the track, CJ would have never ran over you.
end of story.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
does the video show you in CJ in a battle, then you missing the triple and cutting the track, and not waiting but instead continue driving as if that was ok to do, hows the sound on the video, can you hear all the boos and brian telling you to wait, you did stop, but right in the middle of the driving line, (not off to the side where most people pull over) when CJ hit your rear tire trying to go around and flipped, you took off, CJ should have had that position. if not for you cutting the track, CJ would have never ran over you.
end of story.
The story actually goes for another 1 or 2 laps, I don't remember, But when the corner mashal advanced some ones car into a favorable position after that car crashed, which kept it ahead of CJ's car... At that point, Geo and CJ would have bumped...

Ya Geo cut the track, he stopped 2 corners later and waited. Granted he shouldn't have stopped in the line, but he stopped as soon as Brian said "George stop"... and thats where he happened to be... He sat there, and waited for CJ to pass and gave him the time to pass and recover his spot. But CJ hit his car that was not moving and spiraled off it, at that point, George had waited for CJ had to catch up and made an effort to let him go by, however CJ had crashed doing so. At that point George left.

It's all POV... Sure he should have stopped at the base of the triple, however I think almost every person that cut the triple like that, either didn't stop (which were what the boo's were for) and the people that did stop, stopped about where George did.

Does the way that it turned out suck? Yes, I'll agree to that, but stuff like that happens in the main events.... I think the later event decided it more than anything...

Also, did you see who it was that started the issue and punted Geo off the triple?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not really all that worried about it..
I wasn't the one that yelled "FUCK THIS" on the driver stand and started going nuts.
I didn't expect or deserve to be in the A anyway. I haven't put in nearly enough prep time for that race...and installing the BL system the night before and not having any practice on it was a bad move on my part.

And if you are referring to me bumping the back of geo's car when we went throuh the chikane just after the table top after the sweeper...all three of us were piled up right there and I was checking up. If I had spun him out, i would let him go.

I'd like to see this video though...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.