Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Round #1 2008-9 ECT Tacoma R/C Raceway Brought to you by High Velocity Motors/battery >

Round #1 2008-9 ECT Tacoma R/C Raceway Brought to you by High Velocity Motors/battery

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Round #1 2008-9 ECT Tacoma R/C Raceway Brought to you by High Velocity Motors/battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

i thought the ECT got like 100+ people to turn out, think that would be a extra .50 cents per entry fee for the track to join roar. (yea i know the math isn't correct but get the idea)
.35 cents per driver ... that would break em

roar rules don't have a provision for a series to result in a regional champ. however, doesn't mean Tim or anyone else couldn't write up a proposal and send it directly to Roar, however, I would like to take it a step farther and actually make racing mean something, use the series to qualifiy for the regional and the regional to qualifiy for the national.
Yup ... even a regional held in late 08 should qualify a guy for the 09 Nations.

major problem is so many have so many excuses not to join roar, it will never happen.
Well, I heard ROAR is quite excepted around the country but for some reason people have something against ROAR here in the NW .... Also heard it might have had something to do with a top 1/10 truck champion driver here in the NW that had a desision go against him by ROAR way back in the day and ever since ROAR started getting bashed and it continues to this day .... now I'm not naming names ... because I dont know for sure whats true but it is what I heard from a reputable source. We may remain a ROAR track and require drivers to be ROAR members also simply for the coverage. I'm sure TRCR can afford 35.00 to be ROAR affiliated track if they wanted to ... whats that a large pizza delivered now days.

another option would be for those that want to use the series to result in a regional champ to be a member of roar, those that don't, don't join roar, and just run a seperate score card for the roar members. and have only those members pay the extra entry fee to cover the cost of the track joining roar.
Now there is a mighty fine creative option Ritchie its doable.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

18.00 dollars from Cerillos but whats that gotta do with this......Im with Ritchie make the races mean something who cares about some one who got screwed....its the past let it go....sure at one time i said i would sh!t in geo pit box but im over myself and i say hi to him everytime i see him at a track....be honest what would racing be without the likes of Geo, Chris, Scottie, Tony D me or anyone we race with for that matter we are the group of nw racers and we should represent that to roar too. chip's on shoulders get yo nothing but passed by....and a shirt with crumbs all over it

theres some serious rc talent in the nw both on and off road and it would be nice to see it out there getting its due.....whether it .35 or 35.00 dollars for what we spend it shouldn't be an issue......if it is to you then you might wanna get a new hobby.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

if i have to be a ROAR member to attend the ECT i will definitely not be attending. I will refuse to support ROAR!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ex-Champ
if i have to be a ROAR member to attend the ECT i will definitely not be attending. I will refuse to support ROAR!
No one is telling anyone they have to do anything it was just a suggestion and we were discussing it.......for me personally it doesnt matter I just like seeing racers i aint seen in a while and have a good time racing all day and into the evening....it doesnt matter whos affliated with the series it's just a good time and fun racing. And it costs what it costs......
Old 10-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can't speak fo Brian, but I really don't think we want to be affiliated with roar. I believe we only default to roar rules in some cases to simplify things. It's not broke, why screw it up by getting roar involved?
Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ummmmmmmmmmm no... :-)
Old 10-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

actually thinking about it, the tracks and RD don't have to get involved, there is a point standing, and there is a overall winner, if that winner is a roar member then they would be the regional champ. if not the highest finishing roar member would be regional champ. pretty damn simple, and seeing how is so darn hard to get tracks involved in actually having a regional this would be a good. of course getting roar to go along with it probably is a long shot
Old 10-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Ex-Champ

Bravo !
Bravo !!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Poweredbysbc
ummmmmmmmmmm no... :-)
once again
Old 10-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

I will put it this way about ROAR... if ROAR wants this series to determine their champion then they would have to make and offer to the tracks as well as the series to make it beinificial to us and the racers. Something that would lower the entry amount not take away from the tracks and the racers pocket books to not acheive anything...

IN THE NW THE ECT CHAMPION IS THE CHAMPION! This series has the most electric competition and is one of the hardest to win a race in let alone a championship! Now with Jay being envolved it is truely regional!

All righty back to the racing action!!! This is the first round and will be HUGE! Lets see who is going to start the season off as the points leader towards the ECT Championship!
Old 10-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Boy I musta missed something......Why ROAR??

No ROAR..... KISS it Baby... Keep it Simple Stupid......

Anyways... Bummer Ill miss all this... the T4 is ITCHING ta take out the Hadley/Brown Racing Team, well Maybe some day anyways....LOL

GO ON THE TONE!!!!!!!

Stav
Old 10-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Legend

Hey Tim , Maybe those guys with the NCT would include a Roar regional in their series`s ?
Old 10-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is there going to be a web site for the ECT this year?
Old 10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Legend

Yes , You just found the Ect web site ...
Old 10-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poweredbysbc
I will put it this way about ROAR... if ROAR wants this series to determine their champion then they would have to make and offer to the tracks as well as the series to make it beinificial to us and the racers. Something that would lower the entry amount not take away from the tracks and the racers pocket books to not acheive anything...

IN THE NW THE ECT CHAMPION IS THE CHAMPION! This series has the most electric competition and is one of the hardest to win a race in let alone a championship! Now with Jay being envolved it is truely regional!

All righty back to the racing action!!! This is the first round and will be HUGE! Lets see who is going to start the season off as the points leader towards the ECT Championship!

i haven't seen any posts from roar about them wanting anything, it was a idea from a roar member. and it was just i idea. back in your box tim. shame on you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.