Old 09-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool Oh yeah!?

uuuuhhhhhhhh!

Old 09-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Some frinds of mine had the whole drag setup here in Portland complete with software tree and all. They used plastic gutters for the walls. They did and may still make the software that is just for scale drag racing. They did use photo eyes. They tried to do it for a couple of years but with low turn outs and finding a good enough parking lot to do it in made it too much to handle so they sold everything about 6 years ago.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Skruger
In a drag race the clock starts at the green light and you just record the time at which each car passes the end sensors hence only one software clock is needed to record the two cars.
The clock does not start when the light turns green. The clock starts when the car moves.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default days gone bye

Originally Posted by RCBLUE
Some frinds of mine had the whole drag setup...They tried to do it for a couple of years but with low turn outs and finding a good enough parking lot to do it in made it too much to handle so they sold everything about 6 years ago.
I don't think we have seen the worst of the onroad slowdown yet. With the rock crawling scene coming on strong and companies like Traxxas coming out with homeruns like the slash and slayer, I believe that we have tougher times ahead of us for onroad.

Just my .02
Old 09-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking 0 to 60 feet

Originally Posted by Paul S
The clock does not start when the light turns green. The clock starts when the car moves.
CORRECT
When the cars front tire breaks the first beam you are prestaged when the front tire rolls past the first beam But does not break the second beam then the car is said to be STAGED. Individule times are started when the front wheel breaks the second beam. If you break the second beam before the Green then you get a DQ Burger
Reaction times are counted from when the light turns green to the time the front tire breaks the second beam. Race times are counted from the time the front tire breaks the second beam to the finish line. Top speed is measured with a beam 66' before the finish line.
Only one clock is needed and the software uses time stamps to calculate Reaction time ,Race time ,Acceleration speed and Top speed.

In the RC world we would not need to go through this much. But I could do it if you wanted/needed