The Seattle Indoor Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Guys,

Here is the plan,

Weekends with Silvercan Saturday we will run Sunday....

Weekends we don't run Silvercan Saturday we will run Saturday...

Weekends with an NWIC race we will not be running unless there is a Silvercan Saturday race. (Dates have been set and we really would not like to change them.)

So this weekend we have Silvercan Saturday but an NWIC race in OR. Just Silvercan Saturday this weekend...

Here are the dates for the next two weekend club races,

-Saturday October 18th @ 5:00pm... 3 and a main

-Sunday October 26th @ 1:00pm... 3 and a main

This is the best idea i have...

Kody

Kody can you explan this
Weekends with Silvercan Saturday we will run Sunday....

Weekends we don't run Silvercan Saturday we will run Saturday...
Old 10-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

it means.... on the nights they host the silver can saturday night they will not be running any 'regular' races, (because it is silver can night) instead the 'regular' races will be on sunday that weekend.

then on the weekend when there is no silver can racing they will run the 'regular' race program.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
it means.... on the nights they host the silver can saturday night they will not be running any 'regular' races, (because it is silver can night) instead the 'regular' races will be on sunday that weekend.

then on the weekend when there is no silver can racing they will run the 'regular' race program.
I know what he is trying to say
I was just giving him $hit....
Old 10-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Today 08:16 PM
PutAwayWet

A new layout is in: 353 feet, thought provoking, yet fun. A look we haven't seen before, I think. I predict 13.5 rubber fast laps in the mid-10's. Les and I worked on it this afternoon and evening.

Hope y'all like it.

I'm sure it's awesome. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to break free from work. I wanted to get down to help. So I apologize...

Thought provoking is good. When I first started going to SIR, the simple fact that I hadn't ever done road courses before scared me... or more to the point, I swear I saw the walls and my car tremble a few times when i stepped up on the drivers stand. but now i understand that the changes are good to keep things exciting and to remove the advantage that builds up as each layout ages.

I just want to thank Todd and Les for always going out of their way to keep our hobby interesting. I also want to say thanks to Kody and Mike R. for all of their hard work. This hobby wouldn't be what it is without people like these fine gentlemen

I just wish I had more time to donate to the cause. Thanks again guys!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:47 AM
piper48

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
A new layout is in: 353 feet, thought provoking, yet fun. A look we haven't seen before, I think. I predict 13.5 rubber fast laps in the mid-10's. Les and I worked on it this afternoon and evening.

Hope y'all like it.
Is it really a bowl of spaghetti with no straits that consist of multiple turns? N will the carpet be in by the next club race?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
Is it really a bowl of spaghetti with no straits that consist of multiple turns? N will the carpet be in by the next club race?

No bowl of spaghetti. It has a full clamp, left to right, sweeping front straight with a safe place to pull off our cars. A wiggle here and a waggle there, yes, we don't run oval here. But Les ran it last night, without sauce on his tires, and was able to negotiate it rather handily. It doesn't have the usual north/south east/west orientation is all. You'll like it.

As for the carpet: not yet.

In the meantime, be reminded that the SIR asphalt racing surface is uniquely high bite and that it has and will continue to provide a fantastic driving experience. Fall is here and the race fields are getting larger. Come down and join us.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:27 PM
piper48

Thanks for track layout info. I will make next club race except today.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

liverc tonight???
Old 10-09-2008, 09:49 AM
wes
Tech Regular

Is anyone going to run f1? this is getting pretty lame since no one is running them.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wes
Is anyone going to run f1? this is getting pretty lame since no one is running them.

Wes come by this weekend
Bigger F1 class is this saturday ..silver can race day...
Old 10-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

Yesterday 09:49 AM
wes

Yeah, I wish I could race mine more often. However, I understand that you don't want to kill the class by overdoing it. And it really does belong on silvercan saturday. After all, anything more than a silvercan in them borders on insanity. that being said..... ..... I might be interested in doing an "all out F1" class using the black tamiya motor and allowing non-tamiya cars or hop-ups for those of us that want an additional challenge. That could also be run on wednesday nights with the main classes. but only because wednesday is for the hardcore racers.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rewp
Yeah, I wish I could race mine more often. However, I understand that you don't want to kill the class by overdoing it.

but only because wednesday is for the hardcore racers.
these are two misconseptions that will only lead to the doors closing.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:08 PM
wes
Tech Regular

Running F1 on a weekly basis will kill the class? Ive never seen anyone come and practice with an f1. except for a race day. and a silver can in there is not terribly quick, lets do 13.5 or open mod. that will be fun.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wes
Running F1 on a weekly basis will kill the class? Ive never seen anyone come and practice with an f1. except for a race day. and a silver can in there is not terribly quick, lets do 13.5 or open mod. that will be fun.
Wes wes
Let start off with the silver can motor first and then maybe bump up to fast motor later... If you can go fast with the silver can and able to hold your belt..than you are pretty good F1 racer..
Putting in the fast motor and breaking the car isn't fun....maybe putting the black can wouldn't be a bad ideal for later...

Ps plus getting F1 spare part is very unlimited in stock
Old 10-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

What tires/inserts are the poop in mini cooper class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.