AREA52 RC RANCH RACEWAY

Old 09-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default AREA52 RC RANCH RACEWAY

This season coming to a close soon so I just thought id start an un-dated thread for the future.

THANKS guys for an awesone very fun 2nd season ... met a lot of new fun people who love the sport.

Hope to see you all in 08 for even a bigger blast of a season!

We've got an 08 best 5 of 6 series in the works ... 1 race a month.

08 calendar will be up soon to check out for planning.

Tracy

Last edited by Leopard1; 03-14-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Track Name Change
Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default 08???

Holy cow! 08 is almost here, I'd better get cracking on getting the truggy ready......
Old 09-21-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

what class or chassis is your biggest draw.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Well Ken this season may have seemed a bit short to ya by getting in later but we still might get a couple more Wednesdays and Sundays. Also remotely possible we might get a sunny but cold Saturday or Sunday through winter but hours would be short like 11am - 3pm ... you know ... warmest part of the day.
We'll see.

I'm just posting the 08 schedule to show our 08 points season dates all winter so cod racers can see them way ahead for planning ... their not in stone ... but they miss all holiday. Best 5 out of 6 with about one race per month keeps it doable for most and not overwhelming. We will still have regular "club" non point races and practice days.

Next year you can get your fill of track time to hearts desire

You cod regulars that are interested in the points series racing are welcome to throw ideas out all winter on what you would like out of a summer series.

Trophies, plaqs, shirts, $$$, etc ... or JUST POINTS ... the more stuff the more the entry fee goes for each series race.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Default Stuff

Tracy, I can't speak for the rest but my opinion is to race for "bragging rights". I think that having plaques or prizes is not necessary for us to have a ton-o-fun out there banging fenders. Maybe find a sponsor shop that's willing to kick in a door prize occasionally for a drawing (and they get advertising in return). Of course a cute trophy girl to hand out the "bragging rights" at the end of the season would be totally appropriate........
Old 09-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

what class or chassis is your biggest draw.
Right now 1/8 Buggys & truggy rule the day ... strong growing classes.

A ton of revo's for MT !

We have seen evidence though of a fairly decent 1/10 truck class gas and E.

Not getting much turnout in large scale although we know there is a pretty good group of them around that have been out onesy twosy ... just gettin them here on the same day to race ... I bring my leopard out for spin quite a bit.

Come up some time. Mostly a "well seasoned" crowd but we really encourage parents to bring their boy or girl into the sport and we promise to treat them right..

Tracy

Last edited by Leopard1; 09-21-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Definantly gunna try and head that way in 08 Tracy.. Mike Lofgren had a great time

So once I get my NEW track set up we can talk about a little series or something

08 should be a GREAT year for racing

Stav
Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah Mike seemed to enjoy the place as a whole ... maybe the track wasnt as technical as he may have liked ... we went for more of an open fast wide lane track with jumps and bumps secondary. we can alway change the track in to any style and degree of challenge though ... we're just really digging this one right now.

Hope you can try it some time

Long live the sport of RC dirt racing in the NW

Tracy
Old 09-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Yep Ken, bout all i care about, ... bragging rights and some good ole fender bashing racing

But doing all the hoop de la could be fun too .... more work and higher entry fee though.

Maybe will get more input on what a cod racer wants in a summer series ... lots o time.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Yep, '08 is almost here. Still good days left for '07. I hope to get my truggy broken in before the end of this season.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default Truggy

Don't forget the arrow on the bottom of the chassis. Maybe even a label that says "this way forward" ........ Oh wait, if it's a truggy we'll both be out there and you won't have to worry about me pointing it in the wrong direction. Never mind.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

is there gonna be a 1/10th gas class for the point series?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

is there gonna be a 1/10th gas class for the point series?
Yes but as of now it will be 1/8 and 1/10 fuel only 1 day Saturday races.

Last edited by Leopard1; 09-24-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stavman
Definantly gunna try and head that way in 08 Tracy.. Mike Lofgren had a great time

So once I get my NEW track set up we can talk about a little series or something

08 should be a GREAT year for racing

Stav
Hey Stavman how long until your track is ready and will your track have a roof?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Stavman how long until your track is ready and will your track have a roof?
Michael ... i dont think Chris looks at this thread much.
Roofs are big bucks ... since the city of longview is coughing up the bones there's a chance they could get a roof ... our track would need a huge roof using steel freespan support to eliminate posts. If we had 100 racers every Sunday we would probly build a nice roof but we're not that popular yet or maybe never

Dont you like racing in mud Michael?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.