R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   REGION DIRECTOR/VICE PRESIDENT ROAR NOMINATIONS!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/178414-region-director-vice-president-roar-nominations.html)

Dawn Sanchez 08-23-2007 11:30 AM

REGION DIRECTOR/VICE PRESIDENT ROAR NOMINATIONS!!!

Just a reminder, the RevUP ONLINE! issue 3&4 has the nomination ballot (www.roarracing.com/revup.php) and there is a link on the home page of the website showing the form only....

nominations for odd numbered regions (1,3,5,7,9,11) is up for election this year. Also, the office of Vice President of ROAR is needing a good candidate.....

Use your voice to make change in ROAR and nominate who you think would best represent and/or change your style of racing......

Mail your nomination form into ROAR no later than 9/15.... your voice should be heard!!!

Ripples don't occur in stagnant water :)

Victor Vector 08-23-2007 11:42 AM

Quick now, Doug's away playing Tamiya man.

Let's vote him in while he's not looking !!

Jacko

Dawn Sanchez 08-23-2007 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Victor Vector (Post 3608953)

Jacko

yes, I have been talking to Doug about it.... but I can't nominate him as I don't live in region 11.... hint, hint......

ray3619 08-23-2007 11:48 AM

any idea way theres no region 11 info , ray

Dawn Sanchez 08-23-2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ray3619 (Post 3608974)
any idea way theres no region 11 info , ray

sorry, I don't understand what you are asking me. Are you asking why there is no region 11 information on the ROAR website? The RevUP? On this forum...?? :)

403forbidden 08-23-2007 03:35 PM

Potential candidates, please remember to submit regional race reports to the RevUp so that this region doesn't look dead in the newsletter. Thanks :)

Sterling Racer 08-23-2007 03:59 PM

Doug for Pres ................got to start somewhere

Originally Posted by Victor Vector (Post 3608953)

Jacko

I second that notion...

Victor Vector 08-23-2007 05:25 PM

2 Nil for Doug

ray3619 08-23-2007 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez (Post 3609225)
sorry, I don't understand what you are asking me. Are you asking why there is no region 11 information on the ROAR website? The RevUP? On this forum...?? :)

sorry i didnt complete the question dawn , i ment in rev up issue 3 and 4 , thanks , ray

Desolas 08-23-2007 06:15 PM

It will be said that Eddie has not been submitting reports for Region 11 which is why none have been in the last couple of issues. In reality I've been working with Eddie on writing these reports and have been emailing them in yet they are not appearing.

To be honest, I could have called Dawn and followed up on them, but I don't really care. RevUP is useless and the reports are pretty much meaningless. Eddie whips something out, I proof read and edit it, and then forward it to Dawn where it probably ends up in her spam folder.

Frank did an excellent job of covering Nationals which was in the last issue (probably truncated somewhat from what I've experienced with Eddie's articles..) but at least there was something said about it. Nice job, Frank.

I am not insinuating anything here, just stating what is happening on my end. Probably just a miscommunication that I'm sure is now going to be followed up by several PM's from Dawn saying she's not doing anything wrong.

I urge you all to not take part in this organization. There are much better alternatives out there from the Tamiya TCS to races like the IIC and Snowbirds. These should be our national championships, not mismanaged ROAR races.

ray3619 08-23-2007 07:19 PM

wow just amazing , ray

busman 08-23-2007 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Desolas (Post 3609899)
It will be said that Eddie has not been submitting reports for Region 11 which is why none have been in the last couple of issues. In reality I've been working with Eddie on writing these reports and have been emailing them in yet they are not appearing.

To be honest, I could have called Dawn and followed up on them, but I don't really care. RevUP is useless and the reports are pretty much meaningless. Eddie whips something out, I proof read and edit it, and then forward it to Dawn where it probably ends up in her spam folder.

Frank did an excellent job of covering Nationals which was in the last issue (probably truncated somewhat from what I've experienced with Eddie's articles..) but at least there was something said about it. Nice job, Frank.

I am not insinuating anything here, just stating what is happening on my end. Probably just a miscommunication that I'm sure is now going to be followed up by several PM's from Dawn saying she's not doing anything wrong.

I urge you all to not take part in this organization. There are much better alternatives out there from the Tamiya TCS to races like the IIC and Snowbirds. These should be our national championships, not mismanaged ROAR races.

Can't this guy be blocked from posting useless drivel? Or are we all to follow his biased lead, I'm a sheep, hear me bleat.

Victor Vector 08-23-2007 08:32 PM

"I am not insinuating anything here, just stating what is happening on my end."

Maybe keep your end inside yer trousers would be good.

God forbid we ever get a rep who's worth his salt and did things that might envigorate our interests in ROAR across the spectrum.

My general observations have shifted over the last year from having been sceptic about the RMT etc to detecting a general acceptance of the values that that crew bring to a race. I haven't participated where the RMT has been, but have talked with a number of happy campers who helped me change my mind with regards to the relevance of ROAR.

There is no other defining arbiters of our sport, but many who use the fundamental parameters of ROAR as their backbone.

So, I for one, still wish to see ROAR represented in Region 11. I wish I could be a more active member, but work hinders and my passions for organizing have waned somewhat being of the ol' fart variety.

Time will tell, for sure.

Jacko

stumper1 08-23-2007 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Desolas (Post 3609899)

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but it sounds to me like you're saying, "Eddie doesn't care so I don't care and you shouldn't either".

Nice.

"Baaa-aaaa"

Wild Cherry 08-23-2007 11:52 PM

Can`t believe it ....

Region 11 report`s are being submitted & yet not being included in the Rev-up report`s by Roar ?

C-On !

Is it true ?:confused: