Wiki Posts
Search

Going to Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Going to Seattle

I'll be in Seattle on business Aug 23-30, and I wanted to take advantage and check out Seattle Indoor Raceway. I will be at the Convention Center and from what I mapped out it's about 20 miles from where I'm staying to SIR. I'm taking a gamble here hoping that someone lives in the area of the convention center that might be going to the club race on Friday night Aug 24th and maybe I can hitch a ride as I won't have a rental while I'm out there. I know it's alot to ask so I will understand if there are no takers. I know a cab ride will be super expensive so I won't persue that I'll look into it when I arrive Thursday.

If there are some takers then PM me.

Thanks, Eric
Old 08-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive
I'll be in Seattle on business Aug 23-30, and I wanted to take advantage and check out Seattle Indoor Raceway. I will be at the Convention Center and from what I mapped out it's about 20 miles from where I'm staying to SIR. I'm taking a gamble here hoping that someone lives in the area of the convention center that might be going to the club race on Friday night Aug 24th and maybe I can hitch a ride as I won't have a rental while I'm out there. I know it's alot to ask so I will understand if there are no takers. I know a cab ride will be super expensive so I won't persue that I'll look into it when I arrive Thursday.

If there are some takers then PM me.

Thanks, Eric
Eric, I copied the link to your post to the S.I.R. thread, I will be out of town, I hope someone can help you out. It's always nice to have visitors.
If you didn't bring any stuff we have track rental cars that people have used in the past just to get a chance to race while they are here.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for doing that. I am excited and I hope I get a chance to see it. No I won't be bringing my stuff, but now you got me thinking Anyways I'll keep a lookout on the SIR thread.

Eric
Old 08-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive
Thanks for doing that. I am excited and I hope I get a chance to see it. No I won't be bringing my stuff, but now you got me thinking Anyways I'll keep a lookout on the SIR thread.

Eric
your welcome
Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If you are not able to find a ride, take a look at the bus schedule. Route 161 will get you to 43rd and Lind which is close. Or Route 150 will get you to 180th and Sperry which is a little more of a walk to the track but still under a mile. Here is the link to the bus schedules:

http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-b....pl?resptype=U

Use the Convention Center as your starting point and 72nd & 180th in Renton as the destination.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

from the convention center to SIR isn't that far. traffic doesn't back up until a little farther south, slight back up between I-5 and interurban exit off of 405. from 405 to track is 5 minutes. trip should be around 20 minutes total, unfortunately i won't be around seattle or i'd be happy to get you a ride.

bring your car and radio, someone will loan you a battery and charger. think they have some used tires left over from nats, unless you already have some 30 - 36 rps, or 32-36 sorex's.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info guys. I'm not sure if I know where to begin on how to safely ship my car. I don't have enough time to get it shipped because I'm leaving Thursday morning.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just pull the batteries out of it and carry it on with you, we can probably scrounge up a body for you.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

If I had more downtime I would bring it. Anyway I just want to at least get there to see it for myself and meet some new people. I would definitly try and return the favor if someone were coming to Georgia.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You'll like SIR, it has a nice painted backdrop, and asphalt surface. It had red/white painted curbs as well, but they took it out. I think too many cars went flying or something like that.