Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mod turn out at big races

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Li Po is legal in all classes for the ECT now. You just need to be at legel weight
Old 08-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM
I will be running at TRCR this winter a bit....and I will only be running mod if available...as soon as we all have brushless systems, I dont see any reason why all the top guys wouldnt run mod...as much as I love brushed motors, I like the thought of everyone only having to own 3 motors at a time....I will soon own a 4.5turn, 10.5 and a 13.5....kinda cool...should be good for our sport...

Its gona be really good times .....

No motor war
No battery war
just

who`s got the skillz baby !!!

Lue ,

Come on in !

No problem`s with it all...

Mod is the class with class !!!

Too Bad Turtles .....
Old 08-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

It has been a few years since I last raced so I am easing back into it with stock class.

For me, trying to run in Mod class got to the point where it was not fun anymore. I raced against the shop owner at a LHS and he was just too serious. Throwing his truck, or his radio, having a tantrum, cussing, Basically being a regular 2 year old. With him it was anything goes as long as he wins. It was fun for me when I was loosing. After I got a little better.....No more fun
Old 08-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wonder why?...maybe if some people weren't such an Ass, some of the SIR guys maybe running mod...

Last edited by Stevem9; 08-18-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i race me some mod.....

stock is just too slow ....for off road

onroad i gotta race stock cause its actually pretty fast, 19t on carpet is fast as i can go
Old 08-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stevem9
I wonder why?...maybe if some people were such an Ass, some of the SIR guys maybe running mod...
Steve, You can use georges name when speaking about him.

To be honest the spec tire and insert idea is to me gonna cost more money unless some form of a discount is offered to run those said tires. here's an idea lets all stop being pompus asses because we think we are the next great thing because we "race", including myself. I am the victim of the inevitable blow up on occasion, then it takes me till the drive home to realize that acting like an ass only deters people from racing and basiclally creates a negative atmosphere. IE George. To be honest there arent enough regular racers to create a pro mod class on a regular basis. And realistically I enjoy racing with the likes of B-water, Keith Hadley, Frank Jr. its helped my driving, granted I'm still a bottom halfer in the mains but never the less its fun when i can race and semi keep up with them for a few laps. Heres the key to better turn outs. Better atmosphere. And im not talking about facility, from what i have seen personally, we up here, have the best tracks in the best facilities run by qualtiy people. i have friends in the mid west who drive to another state to race some podunk facility that doens't use transponders. he cant believe we have summer turn out issues. We should appreciate all the first class people in this industry and we should appreciate each other as racers. You know who cares about lap times and whos at the track. Don't let pepole like geo detract you from doing the thing you spend every penny on weekly. Load up you shiznit and go race. That's what you bought it for.

I can't tell you how much i learned this year from racing with everyone at trcr and the other area tracks like sir, the former peel it. Honestly though ive missed most the summer with my best friends death ,Business oppurtunities, weddings galore and my honeymoon to hawaii on monday to race a lot this year. Heck i spent 300.00 bucks on updates for my revo to race the nct and didn't make even one race, let alone put all those parts on my revo!!!!!But once i get back sept 1 i will be there at the next race on tuesday to race with all the people that made tuesdays so fun for us southeners from olympia. Tuesdays at trcr and thursdays at four seasons. Maybe we can organize a once a month pot luck at trcr . good food, good racin, good people. Most of we help scott stay open by showing up . we need to check our egos at the door and get back to what made this sport, a good time, for a good price with good people. Yah Geo it was fun racing with you tuesdays too, every superhero needs a villian. UUUUUH wait, Im sure no super hero!!!!! well it was fun any how. See you all on the 9-4 and yes tim i miss you and i will pick up that aquarium stuff then too. Im sorry i kept welching, my wife thinks i bought her a ring so she can run my life. she can keep calling them toy cars i dont care!!!!Toys are meant to be fun.

Ps, Brian For the ect, The pro stock class was revolutionary,IMO. that class was by far the funnest thing i ever raced in. Yeah i sand bagged after the first race when i heard the champ has to bump up a class after winning. Yeah right, Psyche. More innovations like that will keep this sport growing. And yes i will call you i just saw that message, sorry I wasn't blowing you off .

See you all soon at an area track!!!!!!!Geo stay out of my stash
Old 08-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

he was actually talking the bad mouthing the SIR guys took from BRIAN. but some of the credit does go to geo.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

your right on the money skypilot!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Legend

GEORGE
is
Single handily ruining racing for everyone.....

or so say`s a few ....

It makes um feel good bout them selves, all though I can`t understand why it does for the life of me...

Don`t believe one bit those who think they r above all & able to point and say see ! That guys suck`s ! cus I say so...

They think they are impressing there buddy`s or something I guess....

I just laugh at um .....
Old 08-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
he was actually talking the bad mouthing the SIR guys took from BRIAN. but some of the credit does go to geo.
I actually enjoyed racing and hanging out with most of them. Ask most of the guys that were there that day. They all say there was no problem. Personalitys clash and I am not one that is liked by everyone nor do I like everyone. It is a fact of life. I am over it and it happed 6 month ago.

It is too bad that people can't take jokes anymore. It is even worse that people that aren't envolved in the situation feel the need to stick their nose out and put it where it doesn't belong.

And to lighten the mood here is a quote from one of the top racers in the RC World about him self.

"Having a 10 second honda is like coming out of the closet....at first you might suprise alot of people....but in the end....your still gay."

Guess Who!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Poweredbysbc;3593956] In fact the majority have questioned wether Steve was the problem. QUOTE]

really,hmm.. first i heard of that, no one has a problem with me at SIR...
Old 08-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Ok Now that we have all decided I am the anti christ... how do we get racers to race modified?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Mod maybe just too costly for most people due to the wear and tear on the cars..i think most people have just as much fun running other classes, stock, 19turn, etc. in fact some of the "slower" classes can be more competitive than a class like Mod.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

no one said you were the anti christ, but you are not accepting responsiblity for what you said about the racers from SIR, yes everyone was getting along and having a good time, but then you talked crap behind their backs without knowing that one of them was standing behind you. IT WASN'T IN A JOKING FASHION and you trying to spin it is sad, it had nothing to do with a 'PERSONALITY CLASH'. just admit what you did, say your sorry, (and mean it) without all the extra BS. i worked on a few of the TRCR racers to come to SIR and give it try, they did, had a good time, then, WE worked on the SIR guys to give TRCR a try, (even doug bought a off road chassis) they did, got a ear full from you and never went back and thats sad for both tracks, as for me sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, as long as those that post BS in public places, i will gladly stick it out.
just the facts, no bs,
those were your future mod racers.

as far as upping the mod attendance, why not try having george call everyone a turtle and try to shame them into running it, its been working so far,
Old 08-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was there that day sitting across from Steve and I can understand why he was upset. It didnt bother me personally, I guess because I get sh*t at whatever track im racing at, and don't let it bother me anymore. Pretty sure I had it the worst of all of us there that day though. Who else gets a crowd gathered to watch and hope you break every time you go off a jump? 3 Servos later, NOVICE WIN! YEAH!

I plan on racing some at TRCR this winter though since I work so close to it now. Oh and, not mod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.