Wiki Posts
Search

NWIC 2007????

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desolas
I do not think any brushless should be running along side SPEC brushed motors in a points series. Open Modified is one thing, but 19T is a SPEC brushed class, Stock is a SPEC brushed class.
I'm totally fine with not running brushed and brushless together. However, at Bigdad's I don't think we've noticed any laptime difference between the two technologies. I don't think adding more classes to accomidate brushless would be a good idea, that just takes up more time and makes for less racers in each class.

However, if brushless is not allowed to run, then the series will lose more than a few racers, me included. If brushed isn't allowed to run, then the series will also lose racers.

I am looking forward to racing the NWIC race at Bigdad's (I don't think my schedual or budget will allow me to race at many other in the series).

I think the best compromise would be to allow the brushed and the appropriate brushless to race together. Yes, not everyone is happy, but at least everyone gets to race.

-Frank
Old 07-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

I'm with Frank on this one. Steve Rubart has been testing the novak 10.5 and Lipo combo here at rcplus for a few weeks now and i havent seen any type of speed or power advantage over the brushed 19 turns. I havent seen much with the 13.5s though so i cant say anything about that, but i have no problem with the 10.5's running in 19 turn.

Personaly I would like to see it because i am seriously thinking about running a 3.5 in mod the year and would like to not have to have a second car or have to constantly switch the speedo between brushed and brushless to be able to run 19 turn as well.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sooner or later the 2 will have to mix IMO. I'm good with whatever the rules are set too. I guess I would like 12th to have mod again so those who want to try brushless could. I would assume most if not all of the tracks will run the same classes for club races that will be run for the series and add in their own specialty classes for head count.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Legend

At Trcr they run um both together for months now ...

No problems ....

i
Old 07-18-2007, 07:05 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't see how you guys can support mixing them. If I was at a racing event where the engine spec was 350 CID there would not be an allowance for the guy running a 305 just because he manages to run the same lap times.

If enough people want to run brushless, make it the class. Mixing them in not the answer - at least not in a points series. Club racing is one thing, but this is not a club race.

If we're going to do that we need to start bracket racing, class determined by pace, and basically have a open motor competition.

I won't be trying to influence the rules though, thats for the track owners to decide. If you guys are going to screw with stock and 19t classes I'll just noob it up in modified.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

so you think we should double up on the number of clases just because someone is running a different style of motor even though it makes the same power? class numbers are sometimes lower enough as it is. so i dont see the point if there is no noticble difference in aceleration or speed.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

In stock there is a ton of difference between BL and brushed, when BL had bonded rotors the were pretty close but with the sintered rotors the power went way up, that's why Novak is coming out with a 17.5 to run in stock, but even when they are released they should be run in club races to see how they compare before inserting them into a very competitive series.

Stock is the Biggest Class, and the most tightly fought class for the championship in both rubber and foam.

The track owners have had an option class to use for local followings, that could be the option to add BL.
Don't forget that the series has followed ROAR rules, motors, weight and wing height.
Fred
Old 07-18-2007, 08:14 PM
DMH
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

This is just an idea but how would it work to run brushed and brushless at the same time but aplly points to each class. You could run it that way this year and see how the motors compair on a level playing serface. I am also thinking about running the series this year with Jason but don't know what class to start with any kind ideas? Doug
Old 07-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Desolas
I don't see how you guys can support mixing them. If I was at a racing event where the engine spec was 350 CID there would not be an allowance for the guy running a 305 just because he manages to run the same lap times.

So, you care more about points than about having a good time with friends?

I can accept mixing 13.5 BL with Stock motors because the performance is equal on the track and I think that having a good time is more important than excluding people.

If you add classes people won't be happy because there will be too much time between heats and race days will take longer. If you exclude people then you'll have less competitors. If you mix the classes, then everyone can run and have fun. If you're hung up on points, then you're racing for different reasons than I am (and that's fine, whatever floats your boat). However, I think you're in the minority here.

If they mix classes, I don't care. If they seperate classes, I don't care. If they don't let me run because I will only run brushless, then I don't care, it just means they'll lose money. I'll be dissapointed that I can't race with other people.

-Frank
Old 07-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
In stock there is a ton of difference between BL and brushed, when BL had bonded rotors the were pretty close but with the sintered rotors the power went way up

From first hand experiance I would have to dissagree.

-Frank
Tech Fanatic

Whoops double post.
Tech Fanatic

Whoops, double post.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrankW
So, you care more about points than about having a good time with friends?

I can accept mixing 13.5 BL with Stock motors because the performance is equal on the track and I think that having a good time is more important than excluding people.

If you add classes people won't be happy because there will be too much time between heats and race days will take longer. If you exclude people then you'll have less competitors. If you mix the classes, then everyone can run and have fun. If you're hung up on points, then you're racing for different reasons than I am (and that's fine, whatever floats your boat). However, I think you're in the minority here.

If they mix classes, I don't care. If they seperate classes, I don't care. If they don't let me run because I will only run brushless, then I don't care, it just means they'll lose money. I'll be dissapointed that I can't race with other people.

-Frank
Frank it is a series and just like any series there are points given at each race and then compiled at the end of the series, then awards are handed out to the series winners thru 10th in each class.
There are a lot of people that do run the whole series to compete for the championship.
Should the rules be changed just so you can compete at one race?
You can use a bushed motor for that race, if you don't want to buy one, come see me at the race and I will give you one to run, I'm sure that offer would come from most of the racers anywhere.
Fred
Old 07-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

from having run both the brushed motor and brushless 13.5 with and without the sintered rotor, uuuumm its de ja vu all over again. i had this discussion else where and don't want people leaving in the middle of it again.

so

i will say this and no more. the 13.5 with and without sintered rotor turned the same lap times for me at SIR. the 13.5 is faster then a stock motor, for me at SIR.

done.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

now with that outta the way, i did run a carpet race at debbies with the 13.5 against stock motors. those that were there know where the motor works and doesn't, but i gotta add my yok sucked on carpet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.