Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC RACERS NOT FLYERS

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
I gotta agree with the "racers", unless you plane/heli/whatever guys actually, er, ah, race.

After all, I have a remote control TV too, so while we're at it, why not discuss televisions and every other appliance with a remote control?
I race almost every weekend, fly during the week if the weather is better then raining.

Diversity can either kill you (run too many classes and you know what I am talking about) or can bring new life to something old...

Has anybody used that new Spektrum DX-7 radio? I have, it rocks. Rock stable connection, zero gliching problems (can be very very very bad with airplanes and helicoptors ) looking for the smaller 6100 receiver, the 7000 is a little bit tight to squeeze into my Stryker-F27C brushless PLANE.

Any body know any local hobbyshops with losi 40wt shock oil in stock?

(how you gonna classify this post ? )
Old 03-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Driveshaft
This is forum is Northwest RACERS not helis and planes.

The flyboys need to start a Northwest Flyboy forum.

Dont understand why the moderators have not moved the heli and plane threads to their own forum.

And this goes for any other non related RC car racing thread.

Now watch the ones corrupting the forum bitch.

And who are you? oh wait i dont really care, if you dont like it do read it its as simple as that or go back to kindergarden, either way i nor most of us here dont really give a S#*T what u think.

Warning: Dont piss in my cheerios!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Junkman
I race almost every weekend, fly during the week if the weather is better then raining.

Diversity can either kill you (run too many classes and you know what I am talking about) or can bring new life to something old...

Has anybody used that new Spektrum DX-7 radio? I have, it rocks. Rock stable connection, zero gliching problems (can be very very very bad with airplanes and helicoptors ) looking for the smaller 6100 receiver, the 7000 is a little bit tight to squeeze into my Stryker-F27C brushless PLANE.

Any body know any local hobbyshops with losi 40wt shock oil in stock?

(how you gonna classify this post ? )
I'd love to watch you fly the Stryker!
Try TRCR for the shock oil. I know that SIR only has the AE brand.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCwife
I wonder how much we could make for the CdLS Foundation if I invited Driveshaft up to the event. $1 per pie and you all get to throw one at him.

u wouldn't have enough pies
Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Driveshaft, how about your thread title being..."Complain about something I'm not into."
Dude the name of the website is "RC" tech, get your head out and quit complaining, whiner!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
I gotta agree with the "racers", unless you plane/heli/whatever guys actually, er, ah, race.

After all, I have a remote control TV too, so while we're at it, why not discuss televisions and every other appliance with a remote control?

Ouch

Ouch

BTW My mouse and keyboard are R/C now also
and I use them to talk about Racing in The Northwest
wes
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have some special rc stuff. you guys aint got shit on what i got.
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCwife
I wonder how much we could make for the CdLS Foundation if I invited Driveshaft up to the event. $1 per pie and you all get to throw one at him.
Make it $10.00 a pie and I will get 10 for Richie to throw

Patrick
Old 03-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Driveshaft
You need to go back to analogy school, lol, Its more like this johnboy, When I go to a Mcdonalds I expect to see BIG MACS on the menu NOT BK Burgers.

If i'm going to Home depot and pass by lowes, I might pull into lowes because both stores offer what im looking for, understand that one stien.

I make great burgers and when I envite company for burgers they get burgers not hot dogs.

So if you don't like something it should be deteted?

Quite contraire, where exactly does it say on this forum only threads that promote RC as a whole can be posted friend? Get your head out.

I was trying to protect the interest of the RC Racers forum jimmy, The question is, what do aircraft threads have to do with racing under the NW racers forum Stien?
Idiot!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nordheim
I'd love to watch you fly the Stryker!
Just a little tip: After upgrading the stock radio, do a MUCH better job of checking out the control surfaces then I did. Painting those foam bodies sucks!

With only two, how hard could it be? I got about 6 second of flight before I could not handle the left is right, right is left problem I created!
Very funny, glad I didn't spend a ton of time building it. After all the repairs, I was in about $35 in parts/materials to get back in the air. The beauty of the Stryker finally paid off!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Junkman
Just a little tip: After upgrading the stock radio, do a MUCH better job of checking out the control surfaces then I did. Painting those foam bodies sucks!

With only two, how hard could it be? I got about 6 second of flight before I could not handle the left is right, right is left problem I created!
Very funny, glad I didn't spend a ton of time building it. After all the repairs, I was in about $35 in parts/materials to get back in the air. The beauty of the Stryker finally paid off!
Funny you should say that. I was videotaping a guy out at the field today flying his beautiful bi-plane as he discovered the same thing right after take-off. I guess it pays off checking that you've got the right model on the screen of your remote. He's probably out atleast $800 in repairs. Ripped both wings to shred and destroyed his 7 cylinder rotary 4 stroke engine.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nordheim
Funny you should say that. I was videotaping a guy out at the field today flying his beautiful bi-plane as he discovered the same thing right after take-off. I guess it pays off checking that you've got the right model on the screen of your remote. He's probably out atleast $800 in repairs. Ripped both wings to shred and destroyed his 7 cylinder rotary 4 stroke engine.
Ouch $$$$

destroyed his 7 cylinder rotary 4 stroke engine
The last rotory I priced was a 5 cyl 4 Stroke and it was $3200.00
Old 03-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Don't want to read about air based RC?

Don't read the thread.

Simple as that
Old 03-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
I'd personally like to thank driveshaft for bring this thread to light today. It's added a little comic relief to my day and just reminds how serious some people take the most stupid shit. yeah!
Oh man, I agree with Anthony ?

I love the response this guy got from this thread. But seriously you guys, helicopters are stupid and everyone thats not a moron knows that . So please anyone that flies helicopters please move all your dumb conversations to somewhere that I dont have to see one thread about them.

Who wants to go start a heli thread in the On-road racers forum ?
Old 03-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes
i have some special rc stuff. you guys aint got shit on what i got.

We don't want none of your "special" autoerotic RC contraptions!

Keep them to yourself!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.