R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   2nd Annual Race for Grace (May 2007) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/155129-2nd-annual-race-grace-may-2007-a.html)

STARSCREAM 05-12-2007 11:46 AM

Had some things come up and I couldnt make it... :cry:

I hope the race is a big success!

and that Grace has a fun day!

rchoudini 05-12-2007 08:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
results from a great day of racing.
The racers in the N.W. all came together and made this day a huge success.

rchoudini 05-12-2007 08:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more

wes 05-12-2007 09:02 PM

yeeessssss 3 laps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stevem9 05-12-2007 09:51 PM

Lots of fun today, thank you to all the sponsons of the race.

i like these big races, lots of fun, challaging too.

And thank you Doug for hosting and calling the event.

oXYnary 05-12-2007 10:43 PM

Thanks for the great event. :)

Victor Vector 05-12-2007 10:48 PM

Wonderful day at the track; the passion of the racers and the passion of the cause were a perfect match. Thanks SIR for another imaginative reason to race.

JAcko

skypilot 05-12-2007 10:49 PM

looks like the turtlemaster torch is being passes to another offroader,

nice job dave.

nordheim 05-12-2007 11:38 PM

Thanks to all of the people who came out to make it such a fun event. I noticed lots of smiles and lots of laughing. Thanks to Doug and his family for making it happen and thanks to my wife for being so passionate to starting the groundwork early. I'm proud of her!
Thank you also Steve for letting me have some fun by lending me your equipment. I'm not ready to get into it like I was in the past but thanks to the battle I had with Todd at the end I really want to be a regular again on Friday nights in 13.5. Of course, with Steve's X-Ray :)

Oh yeah Grant. My wife is the proud owner of your Silver Can. She got it for a bargain price of $2.02

Pease flushed a hard to eat one year old half eaten donut down like a champ like he promised.

Thank you all for a great day of racing!!!!

The Wease 05-13-2007 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by nordheim

Pease flushed a hard to eat one year old half eaten donut down like a champ like he promised.

Just about 12am and its still in my belly.
Thanks to everyone for a great day of racing and having fun for a great cause

pumbaapig5 05-13-2007 12:08 AM

THANK YOU

I would just like to say THANK YOU SIR and especially DOUG, his WIFE, his SON, DAUGHTER and the star of the day GRACE. I have not been to a race where I saw more sportsmanship, friendships, and just all out fun being had by all. With a car that didn't handle and getting worse with every wrench session I put on it, I can by far say that this was one of the most FUN days I have had racing in a long time. The show went on without a hiccup except for the donut incident, and I plan on attending more racing at SIR any chance I can.
Thank you DOUG and all your staff, yes even Kevin.
I hope you all had as much fun as I did and if this is what it's like every week count me in even if it is 100 miles from the house.
THANKS Mike Turner :) :) :) :lol: :lol:

JayBee 05-13-2007 12:55 AM

Looking at the results makes me truly wish I had stayed to watch Kuney & McLean LAY it down...against Bodey...WHOA!! Impressive :nod:

Mike Ellis- it looks like the car came together nicely :D
Keith Yu- thanks for donating the newest edition to my pit :nod: You were fast man!!
Dan Garber- glad to see ya back to lay down pretty much the fastest laps of the day :p

nordheim 05-13-2007 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by JayBee
Looking at the results makes me truly wish I had stayed to watch Kuney & McLean LAY it down...against Bodey...WHOA!! Impressive :nod:

Mike Ellis- it looks like the car came together nicely :D
Keith Yu- thanks for donating the newest edition to my pit :nod: You were fast man!!
Dan Garber- glad to see ya back to lay down pretty much the fastest laps of the day :p

Pretty much the fastest laps??????????? How about a 10.4 in 1/12 19t?

crazy5 05-13-2007 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by nordheim
Pretty much the fastest laps??????????? How about a 10.4 in 1/12 19t?

I think I heard a 10.0 during the day.

Thanks to everyone who came out to support the race. Everyone there made it as fun as it was. Also thanks to RCWIFE for her tireless efforts.

RCwife 05-13-2007 10:11 AM

I wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone who helped make this event possible. There are so many to name, and I am certain I am forgetting some. The Northwest is an awesome area full of very caring RC men and women, and I know this year we succeeded last year (and next year will do even better)!

:tire: Thank You :tire:

Grace Papka for making the day possible
Doug & Robin Papka
Lydia's Lemonade
Jesse the fry cook at Dougy Bobby's
Jake Papka
All of our racers
Chris (for getting the website updated)
NWA & KOMO 4
The Kent Police
Ken and Kathleen Owen
Weses Design
Team Brood
Xtreme RC Cars Magazine
Tres Leonard
Axiom Motors
Novak
C&C's Raceway & Hobby Shop
Steve Crosier
Slapmaster Tools
Mike T.
Mike Pease
Team Associated
Mike Turner
Timezone 1 and 2
Tammie's Hobbies
NORA
Mark Sears
Trendsetter Salon
The Dogwash
Team MuchMore
Tamiya
Horizon Hobby
Great Planes
HRP
RC America
APS Racing

More photos to come, but here is one of my favorite.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t/DSCF1221.jpg