R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   Redmond Hobbies 2003 Race Season (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/15096-redmond-hobbies-2003-race-season.html)

peter_robinson 03-21-2003 07:57 AM

Redmond Hobbies 2003 Race Season

I just want to inform everyone that the Redmond Hobbies 2003 race season is soon to be underway. This year redmond hobbies will be bring racing to you from two locations, both the Issaquah Home Depot, and the Redmond Home Depot. This will hopefully bring the racing closer to you on any given weekend, and it helps us bring R/C racing to places and people that may have never been able to experience it before.

This year, we will be using a new track system made by Road Dome, a new sytem that will be more forgiving on the car, and more fun for everyone.

go here to see the road dome, and road rail systems

www.RoadDOME.com

this first race of the season is tentativly set for the 1st Sunday in April, but this could change if we do not have the new track system yet, or mother nature decides we shouldn't race.

we will be setting up a race membership this year, however fees are still being figured out, so you can come by the store or check the website for details.

if you have any questions, you can feel free to post them here, and i will answer them to the best of my ability.

or you can call Redmond Hobbies @ 425-885-3639

peter

coolrcdad 03-21-2003 09:22 AM

Peter,
Thanks for posting this. This will make a busy outdoor racing season Redmond, Rain, ESLROC) which will be great for choices, schedules etc.

todddd41 03-21-2003 10:40 AM

Do you run any Saturday's, or just on Sunday's?

Thanks.

Korey Harbke 03-21-2003 03:33 PM

Sounds good. I better get my V1R tuned and adjusted and XXX-S with an asphalt setup.

peter_robinson 03-21-2003 04:38 PM

Originally posted by todddd41
Do you run any Saturday's, or just on Sunday's?

Thanks.

the race day will always be sunday, with on some occasions practice on saturdays.

i also imagine that there will be some two day races mixed in throughout the season.

peter

Korey Harbke 03-21-2003 06:26 PM

Usually there was 1 really big specail race and the last race of the season was 2 days or had some cool stuff goin on.

-Korey "Sushi Boy"

peter_robinson 03-22-2003 05:24 PM

It looks at this moment, however still not set in stone that the membership fee for the 2003 race season will be $100. This will allow members to race for free at any of the Redmond Hobbies regularlly schedualed races (special races will have same entry fee for everyone, regardless of membership). Members will recieve 10% discount on part at Redmond Hobbies.

also there i want to take a poll from the drivers out there who will be racing with us this season... i want to find out how drivers racing in the MOD ELECTRIC class would feel about a 10 turn limit. this has been something that has been emplimented at many national level races, and has helped to keep down costs and keep the racing close.

and finally, we are trying to work a deal with Reedy Modifieds, to see if we can get a bulk quanity of the Reedy spec 19turn motors for the 19 TURN ELECTRIC class. These along with the CS-27 spec tires would be available at Redmond Hobbies for a special price, and would be the only motor allowed in the 19 TURN ELECTRIC spec class.

please let me know what you think of these ideas, because we want to make our program as fun and racer friendly as possible.

peter

dgullickson 03-22-2003 06:14 PM

If you are interested in bulk pricing on Trinity C2 19 turns let us know how many etc. E-mail us if interested.

peter_robinson 03-22-2003 06:34 PM

I think that redmond hobbies owner Stanly Ng perfers the Reedy 19 turn, but i will for sure let him know that Axiom is another option.

peter

dgullickson 03-22-2003 07:22 PM

We can get either just after testing we personally prefer the Trinity based can. Its all preference and are not oppose to getting what the consumer wants.

ritchie 03-22-2003 08:03 PM

don't know how many races, but i will be at a few, and i don't care what motor limit stan imposes, its his track and his rules, us racer at race once in a blue moon, or only show up for special events shouldn't have a say, i appreciate having options where i run, and have no problem conforming to that tracks rules.

19t on spec tires sounds good too, lets us know the price on motor and tires when you guys get it worked out, i'll spread the word down at this end

peter_robinson 03-22-2003 08:06 PM

just to make it clear, all classes will be on spec tires.

coolrcdad 03-22-2003 10:39 PM

What about nitro? Any spec tire rules expected there?

ritchie 03-22-2003 11:30 PM

peter,, one of the last races or maybe it was the first race in issy
stan lifted the spec tire for super nitro, i don't remember if that was just cause not everyone had them, or he changed his mine on super nitro

Korey Harbke 03-22-2003 11:57 PM

I don't think there should be a motor limit, but if Stan wants to, whatever. I like electric mod in outdoor, but sometimes it gets boring if you don't have an insanly powered car. :D

-Korey