2007 Northwest Championship Tour (NCT) >

2007 Northwest Championship Tour (NCT)

2007 Northwest Championship Tour (NCT)

Old 08-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redman View Post
Just a thought for next year....

The crt .5 class has no other brands, fun class but it doesn't seem like it's going to stay, yet.

How about using the extra time taken for the crt .5 class and making the C-mains 10 minutes. Many people spend lots-o-cash to race and end up frustrated in the c-main. (ok let the jokes fly!).

What does everyone else think?
the crt class only has a 10 minute main event... so what class gets the extra time? If you make them all longer then you are adding even more time then allowing a fun class. he CRT.5 is just for fun and the guys that race it still have smiles. Maybe the focus should be on making the NCT more about fun and less aboot (canadian spelling) competition only :-)
Old 08-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brian I'm not dogging the crt .5. If the crt .5 has a 10 main though that would be the same as an extra 5 min. per each 1/8 c-main. Not starting anything, just thoughts/discussion about the up coming year.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Poweredbysbc View Post
the crt class only has a 10 minute main event... so what class gets the extra time? If you make them all longer then you are adding even more time then allowing a fun class. he CRT.5 is just for fun and the guys that race it still have smiles. Maybe the focus should be on making the NCT more about fun and less aboot (canadian spelling) competition only :-)
FUN FUN FUN!!!!!! I agree Brian, lets have a blast, the Critters are killer to watch for sure. We will see how well the excitement holds after this year is over.

I am sure someone will come out with their version soon

see ya in Walla Walla

Chris
Old 08-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Walla Walla Race

Looking for someone to share expenses on fuel and Motel from the Portland Metro area. If you live east of Portland I can get you on the way, or if you live a little north we can agree on a meeting location.

I have Thursday and Friday off and can get Monday if you wanted to stay another day.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

Although I haven’t been on here since the weekend before Round #2 (Spring Shootout) I wanted to drop in and simply post this to all of you on RCTech. I won’t be back on RCTech anytime soon after I post this so, I would encourage you to email me directly at [email protected] if you have any questions, concerns, comments (positive or negative even ) or suggestions.

Congrats to all of the class winners for sure! It’s tough enough to win a race let alone a series championship. As I was saying to someone this last weekend at the X; in the beginning of the NCT you just had to be fast, a couple of years ago you had to be fast an pretty consistent, now in ’07 you have to not only be fast but you have to be consistent to win. For sure I would say the level of competition in the NW has grown tremendously! Actually, and I’m sure Marcus would agree with me, back in 2003 when he was NCT 1/8th Buggy Champion, he was probably an E mainer at national level races. Now, Taylor as just one example, is right there battling for the A at national events. That’s not to mention how much better everyone has gotten and not intentionally leaving anyone out. The list is long….. I would really like to take the top 10-15 drivers from the NW to the nationals and see what happens; that would be really cool! Anyone got an extra $8-10K kicking around?

I would like to say thanks to Jeff and Windy Carlson @ Maximizer Products, Marc Jensen & Bobbi Clausen @ Byron’s Race Fuels, Kent Poulsen & John Mortan @ Panther Products, Dave Gullickson (the Stock Truck legend ) @ Axiom, Team Brood, Stephen Bess and Charles Charron @ RC Car Magazine, Dave again and Greg Williams @ Competition Trophies for sponsoring the largest regional series in the world. Torey Azure for putting together the website and creating the art for the RC Car ad and the series gear, John Geffe for programming a scoring system that made my life much easier (even at the finals John so don’t sweat it ), Corey “the assassin (he, he)” Ecalbarger for covering the Club Bonus program, Jay “Team Toe” Campbell for sitting in the sun at the end of all those slippery pit lanes and checking pit stops (oh, and keeping it between the paint… barely, on the way home from Waller Waller Sunday, errr, Monday morning –burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- “man it’s windy”…..eeeek).

Going forward I would like you to all know that I believe there are a lot of areas that can be improved in the NCT. I would say half of the competitors racing today weren’t racing before the NCT existed (before 2003). While that is both good and bad, I would imagine there are a lot of good ideas floating around out there. With that in mind, if you have an idea that you would like to share to improve the NCT please let me know via email. Again, due to the overwhelming drama on forums like RCTech you will not being seeing me back anytime soon, so be sure to email me directly or catch-up to me at the Wings and Wheels Dash for Cash in October (see WhereToRaceRC.com for details), at Brian’s ECT races or at various TRCR electric club races over the fall/winter.

We’ll see what 2008 brings…… the ’08 schedule should be out Monday, October 22nd.

Thanks for everyone’s support.

Sincerely yours in racing,
Mike Dana
Old 09-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

THANK YOU BYRON ORIGINALS!!!

I had to post and let everyone know that the contingency program Byron offered for 2007 worked out great! Got a check in the mail today.

What a great deal. I highly recommend this program to everyone if they offer it again for the 2008 NCT...the fuel works great, and you have a shot to get a little extra somthin' at the end of the season!