Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Northwest Championship Tour (NCT)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

No your right, 10am it went to controlled practice cause no one would listen that only 10 drivers at a time so Garrett took it to controlled.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i and nate thought it best to move to controlled practice, no corners, no one listening, 12 or more guys on the stand.....and people were up there for more than 5 minutes...

i have been to to many races where i couldnt get on the stand...it sucks.
ive left races for that reason...mostly i would leave the races with the open practice by class, because someone would be up there on my freq and i would get the last 2 min of the practice....maybe people could have gotten more than 15 min practice all day....OR you wouldnt get but 5 minutes because people wouldnt get off the stand....

my .02 it really is hard to please everyone,

brian....email me..forgot to get somethin from ya...
Old 03-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a suggestion on the computers. I have not used RC Scoring pro yet, but it seems to puke every time we run 1/10th scale in the morning, and then 1/8th in the afternoon...especially on re-sorts.

Would it be possible before the race starts to set the software up as 2 separate events? This way all the 1/10th is in one database, and all the 1/8th in another. Then when the 1/10th is done in the morning, The mains can be posted for all the 1/10th classes, and you close down that event. Now open the 1/8th event, an continue the day with no confusion, and no software delays.

This seems it would also spread the load out on the system, and if there is a problem with either 1/10th, or 1/8th quals, then at least you only lose half the race data, rather than all of it.

The only time consuming part, might be setting the race order for the mains, but normally this would only be after all the quals are run, and (sorry RD's) this won't have an effect on the racers.

Just a thought
Old 03-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

garrett I have been trying to PM you but your box is full! Catch up with ya at Wenatchee!
Old 03-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Warlock
My bad, I could have sworn my watch said 10:00 when controlled practice started and I hadn't been on the track yet from trying to help other people. I guess I should pay attention next time.

GIFF
Old 03-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Get rid of the seperated qualifying. Go back to mixing the gas and electric throughout the day. Seperate just isnt working out, wasting too much time.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Amen to that brother. The gas resort is always a fiasco because of separting electrics and gas.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

run them together
Old 03-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

'sup....

I've been busy this week and have only been on RCTech like 3 times since the race. I'm catchin up on PM's...

Okay, the Round #1 coverage page has been updated with the triple A tie-breaker corrections (I mistakenly thought the 3rd A was the tie breaker but it is not, it's the total laps and time added up between the drivers 2 scoring A mains)

The Points Standing page has been updated only (not the complete results pages per class) with the top 10 in each class. I have to sort through the qualifying results to figure out TQ's unless someone wants to do me a favor and PM me the TQ's (Geffe??? ). That would save me some time this weekend for sure.

What else.... oh, the gear page is updated with current inventories. REMEMBER... LIMITED SUPPLIES!!! Get the hot 2007 NCT gear while you can!!! It looks SOOOOOOOOOO much better in person!!! Email me....

Oh and speaking of which, LSTRacerX please PM me about your pre-order. Thanks

Agian, I think controlled pratice is better than uncontrolled when the drivers stand is full and there is a line; especially when a 2wd mod buggy is the lone-wolf out there against the Monster Truck and 1/8th scales... for sure Garrett did the right thing. It was tough to watch Marc run 2 B-Mains worth of fuel on Saturday morning though.... but, all was fair! Who knew there would only be like 4 drivers on the track Saturday morning? It could have easily been 1 tank per driver had enough not run on Friday; lucky break I say...

huuuuuuh, I think that's it for now..

oh wait, my RC room smells like a tire dope factory; very cool....

he, he, he....
Old 03-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Dana
'sup....

oh wait, my RC room smells like a........ dope factory; very cool....

he, he, he....
What????????????????????????????? hehehehehehe
Old 03-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mike Dana
The Points Standing page has been updated only (not the complete results pages per class) with the top 10 in each class. I have to sort through the qualifying results to figure out TQ's unless someone wants to do me a favor and PM me the TQ's (Geffe??? ). That would save me some time this weekend for sure.
I got the results, but am trying to figure them out.

If your going to use RC Scoring PRO, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO QUAL POINTS FOR AT LEAST ONE CLUB RACE to work out the bugs.
If your going to use RC Scoring PRO, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO QUAL POINTS FOR AT LEAST ONE CLUB RACE to work out the bugs.

I know if the software was bugged, it wouldn't be run at the ROAR Nationals (with only a paultry 273 entries) NCT round 1 has them beat!

If I do the points right, for each round, sort by Laps(most) then time(lowest) will give me a list, add the two highest together and the highest points is TQ.
Start at 100points for 1st, 98 for second, 97 third etc. Or does 2nd get 99?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

2nd 99

Rod
Old 03-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

I was just hacking the NCT website and located last years points chart and
2006 class winners:
Stock Truck = David Gullickson
1/8th Stadium Truck = Marcus Anzivino
1/10th Gas Truck = Taylor Peterson
Modified Truck = Gary "Game Over" Culp
2wd Modified = Taylor Peterson
4wd Modified = Eric Magill
1/8th Buggy = Chris Bridgewater
Super Monster Truck = Craig Hamilton

The trick when signing up at www.wheretoracerc.com is to enter and pay for your other classes first, then come back and check you free class.
The race director should then mark your free class paid.

Last edited by Junkman; 03-24-2007 at 09:05 AM. Reason: forgot 1/10 gas truck
Old 03-24-2007, 04:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does the class winner get free entry for that class at every nct race this year?
Old 03-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RD Racing
Does the class winner get free entry for that class at every nct race this year?
yes, that is correct, they get a free entry in the class that they won, to defend their title. thats a 180.00 bonus for a class championship.... sweet.
However, their second class is considered a 1st paid class, they need to pay the 40.00 1st entry fee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.