Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Brad,

Yes there is.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

To all NCT Hosts,

Please find out what type of wireless internet connection is availble at you facilities and let me know at the meeting!!!

hmmmm..... what could that be about

Dave,

I'm looking into laptops.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

"Better yet "spill" it in a Clarkston thread, as Walla Walla is replacing Clarkston for '07 end of story"
Wow, hope that's not a sign of things to come. Who's next, Peel-it, Spokane, all because that's the way the Series Dictator says it's going to be, end of story.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Jody N.
"Better yet "spill" it in a Clarkston thread, as Walla Walla is replacing Clarkston for '07 end of story"
Wow, hope that's not a sign of things to come. Who's next, Peel-it, Spokane, all because that's the way the Series Dictator says it's going to be, end of story.
Series Director is not suppose to tell the Hosts how to run thier race but they can drop tracks at will?

Thought the Hosts were the Excomm? I seem to remember anything I wanted to do for the Series I went to the Hosts for a vote - out of respect!!!

No disrespect Mike just I was told one thing on how to resolve issues and rules and seems its going another direction.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

There are host issues (format, entry fees, event awards, etc.) that all of the host need to vote on and agree too.

There are series issues (points awarded for "X" finishing position, year end awards, facilities, etc.) that are the responsibilty of the director.

This isn't anything different than when I started this thing in '03.

Actually, let me take that back to a certain degree; in '03 and '04 it was a BIG learning curve for everyone! At this point EVERYONE (except Peel-it) has had plenty of time to step-up and put on a (in my best Cartman voice) "kick-*ss" show.

What is different for '07 from a NCT Directors position is that ALL hosts will be held accountable to be on par with WALLA WALLA's '06 race. I'm not going to nit-pick, but at the same time I'll make facility changes as required to ensure the best NCT for everyone.

Oh, and I'm conceiving a way for everyone that enters the races to help me out, in that regard, as well. I just don't have that figured out entirely just yet.

No disrespect taken at all Dave. I just don't know what to say in response to your last post. As you know I wasn't really involved last year so.... ???
Old 10-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

So the host tracks don't hold sole power to vote tracks in or out?

Will you alone be deciding which tracks are worthy?

I'm just trying to understand, what do the rules say?

How is a new host picked ?

How many host tracks can there be?

I heard 6 period, or can you add more?

Thanks Mike
Old 10-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Smile

Is it march yet???
Old 10-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

It seems pretty clear, and realisticly, the race director is directing the tour.... and part of the tour is where the tour stops at. The Host facilities are hosting a race for the nct, they get to decide what happens once the tour stops at their track... So the tracks have the power once they are chosen to be in the series, but the director is the one who has to chose who stays and who goes.

I think that entries are a good judgement of track representation, but, Not just starting entries, entries at the finish of the race..... Which means if some one left early due to the race taking to long, or upset with the program, their entry shouldn't count....

If you go off entries the facility is going to actually work to get entries, and is going to work to make the entrants happy about being at the race... More entries at a track means people want to race there, it's plain and simple...
Old 10-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mike Dana

No disrespect taken at all Dave. I just don't know what to say in response to your last post. As you know I wasn't really involved last year so.... ???
From the e-mail you sent I was told the tracks make all decisions as the Excomm and I just run the Series - I see that is changing? Was just curious why?

I agree with alot your doing dont get me wrong!!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Here's a few questions I have for you Mike...I have spoken with you a few times and know that your a nice, fair individual so I can expect some straight forward anwsers

By you saying the "facilities, awarded points, year end spoils" are a responsibility of the NCT director, you are assuming a responsibility of venue choice. You magically say "Ha" and a local club has lost their race, magically allowing another venue in. Which leads me to a series of questions...

~Do the host tracks even really have a choice? Seems like you have just "shown" up and began dictacting about what was going to be done. Which leads me to the next question....

~What are your reasons for ommitting Clarkston and admitting Walla Walla? It was obvious that Walla Walla put on the best show, but why Clarkston? What kind of reasoning did you place into order to make this decision?

~Was this kind of reasoning applies to any other track? Why or why not?

I think these questions are reasonable and relative to the issues you have addressed. Your definition of the NCT director directs these kind of questions into your hands. Not to mention, you are following up a year of near flawless direction by Dave Gullickson, he always had the time and patience to anwser every question, regardless of origin.

Thank you,

James Russell
Old 10-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Clown Maxx - its funny you mention dictating cause I was told thats what I was doing - lol... Thanks for the positive about 06 Series i just didnt want to see no one do it and it die - thanks to all.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Leopard1
So the host tracks don't hold sole power to vote tracks in or out?
No

Will you alone be deciding which tracks are worthy.
Yes, but's that's almost over simplifying it. When there are more tracks than series rounds, it's obvioulsy more difficult than if there were only 6 tracks and everyone could have a race...

I'm just trying to understand, what do the rules say?
The rules will be out after the meeting this weekend for everyones review, along with the 2007 schedule.

How is a new host picked ?
There are many factors, most of which are referenced in the rule set.

How many host tracks can there be?

I heard 6 period, or can you add more?
6 is the number we are currently using. That number may or may not change in the future depending on all of the other off-road RC races in the NW.

In '03 and '04 we had 6 rounds.

In '05 it was reduced to 5 rounds to help reduce traveling costs, and to see if more people would attend more events, etc.

In '06 the consensus was 5 was too few races so it was increased back to 6 rounds with the addition of Peel-it last year.

Hope this helps...
Old 10-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I think the NCT rocks! I will attend any of the tracks that have hosted in the past and any tracks in the future. I love everything about the tour. I think the only thing that needs to be improved is the length of the program. I believe most racers would agree with that.

I want the hobby/sport to grow just as much as anybody, but how big can this tour really be. This is one of the largest series in the country as it is. Even if we nail the program it is still going to be a long weekend. How many more entries can we handle?

Mike.....I am not trying to be a jerk or in any way be negative. Just my .02

Jay Snider
Old 10-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dgullickson
From the e-mail you sent I was told the tracks make all decisions as the Excomm and I just run the Series - I see that is changing? Was just curious why?

I agree with alot your doing dont get me wrong!!
Dave,

I don't remember an email, but I do remember a phone call discussing being NCT Director with you. But either way, agreed, we did communicate somehow about it.

I remember telling you that the biggest thing about being Director (which is something I still firmly believe today) is needing the ability to place yourself outside of the situation and make decisions that are in the best interest of everyone, not just yourself or one particular person. If you had no decisions to make I'm not sure why I would have even brought that up?

I also remember saying, what I have stated here in this thread, that the hosts must decide as a group how they are going to run their races and that they must ALL agree together to do and offer the same deal to everyone. This isn't simply for the reasons I mentioned as far as points are concerned, but are also for reasons of monitary gain. For example, if the first two rounds pull in 200 entries each and they follow awarding the top 10 in the A and top 3 in the B and then the 3rd round at Chicken-Licks Raceway only trophies to 3rd place in the A, they not only stand to piss off everyone (which hurts hosts later down schedule; rounds 4, 5 and 6) but they take more than there fair share of the profits related to the other hosts as well. And the Director just needs to ensure that what is decided on by the hosts is good for the racers (which it typically is, but just as a neutral voice of reason...).

I also remember say (and quite foolishly) that it wasn't very difficult. "Most everything is in place, it should be cake".... uhhh, I probably made a mistake there.

Other than basing the rules on ROAR rules (up until this year... we have our own stand alone set of rules going forward for '07 and beyond now) I have never made any reference to the "EXComm" (which is a ROAR specific term) so that is a new one to me entirely.

I don't know Dave. I'm not trying to sit here and say that I remember everything we discussed a year ago, or 10 months ago or somthing, but.... I don't know... it's not anything new. Maybe, hmmmm..... sorry I just don't know.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well we all would like to hear why clarkstion was droped. i think alot of pep liked our track. and why cant we get the racers to vote on tracks. i now you want the best turn out but its about what track we want.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.