Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
2007 Northwest Championship Tour (NCT) >

2007 Northwest Championship Tour (NCT)

2007 Northwest Championship Tour (NCT)

Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Spring Shootout - had issues - awesome race and loved the track! Corey you have an awesome place there and I will be back!!

Clarkston - had issues - loved the bar, oh yeah the track was good too , sorry I missed my name during Trophy presentation but couldnt let my beer get warm
Old 10-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

The solution to the problem, HAL HUDSON Pay him enough and bring him food when hungry and a ice cream, he just might come out of retirement, now that his little son Mikey is out of diapers
Old 10-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

I thought I heard some chatter at Mapston about Clarkston's new digs for next year. What can you spill on that Dude?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Better yet "spill" it in a Clarkston thread, as Walla Walla is replacing Clarkston for '07 end of story.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

I agree with Corey, dropping any electric classes is not going to make up much time if any, a properly exectued race with the 4 electric classes that were ran last year should take just over 2.75 hours (2.8)qualifying with 20 persons per class, and the total time for the flashlight mains should be about 104 minutes . Now figure the 1/8 buggy at Wenatchee alone, and this is just from those that scored points, ok, there were 69 persons that scored points for 1/8 buggy, that is over 3 hours ( 3.2) of qualifying, over 30 minutes longer than the total electric qualifying, and the mains for that race should have been three minutes (107minutes total) longer than the electrics, with 2 minutes to get ready for electric and 3 minutes for nitro because of the starting grid and down and quiet + 2 mintues of warmups. Plus there are quite a few racers that run both gas and electric at these events. A dedicated timetable, getting racers out to marshall on time, and a limited number of 1 minute delays is the only way to get through everything on time, not counting those little computer gremlin bastards.
Rod
Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i have an idea......

why dont we steal one of the pro series good parts....

1 computer and 1 rd for the whole series......i know that its the tracks race first but that would ensure that every race is run the same and also all the points would be in 1 computer....

mike dana....u run a good race....and you will be at all the races...lol
Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

oh yea....and you cant drop electric cause im gonna race stock truck and whoop on dave...

comin to get ya
Old 10-25-2006, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crashin73
Brian, what makes the difference if they are split up for qualifying??
1-Simple. It WILL increase race entries if electric is no longer split up. A lot of gas racers used to run an electric class as a time fill and when they were split up there was no longer a need for that any more. I know Keith skipped a lot of mod truck because they just didn't want to wake up early so they just ran gas. I know that you will get a smoother track but if that is the only reason why aren't they split up on Sunday as well. The surface would be the same both days.

2- Time: Like I said earlier the ONLY crowd I HAD to wait on in Walla Walla was electric and that was for motor battery swaps when there really wasn't enough time. We put gas truck in the mix to allow for a little more time but it still wasn't enough. I am just thinking like an RD and what ever will get ther show done the fastest. A simple show allways goes faster! That is the #1 complaint from the NCT is how quickly the show gets done. If something doesn't change there will be more racers like Glenn that just go to the ones that they know will get done befor mid night.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Mike

Spill is your doing with no vote from hosts and new rule changes HMMMM fishie I will be there and this an't over we will see this still has to be voted on you have been gone for 2 years and thats great you have taken it back over when noboby else steped up but coming back on and making changes when you dont have the right facts come on, i think Dave did a great job when it would have died Mike i've been at avery meeting in the past two years and gave my suport and with out cause The Great Snake is droped HHHMMMM.See you all at the meeting.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

+1 to Dude...let things be decided by host tracks, not new and incoming decision makers. Let us not forget whose race got out at 2 am. We may have had issues, but most people were packed up by 10 pm.

Garret has an excellent idea w/ the single RD/computer for all.

~James Russell
Old 10-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

The single pc idea is a great idea and I had an extra pc I was gonna build up with its own back up drive for the NCT, with a built in UPS system all inside the pc case...

I think this is a great idea!!! Mike should get one for the NCT for the Hosts to utilize, unless thats telling them how to run thier races
Old 10-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Dwayne,

You have a reply to your PM. AGAIN, I'll state this isn't personal. I'll take the heat for others that don't want to, not a problem.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

1 computer is a GREAT idea that I've been trying to find the funding for....

Also, it ties in driectly with another comcept I'm working on...
Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mike Dana
1 computer is a GREAT idea that I've been trying to find the funding for....

Also, it ties in driectly with another comcept I'm working on...
Sweet hope it works out... Should be a fun Year of racing!!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Glad you are back Mike. I'll be out to race some dirt with you again this year. Is there going to be a race in Tri-Cities this year?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.